It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Free Newsletter

HELP!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

HELP!!

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Hiya guys,
I need some serious help. Im 19 yrs old and need to lose at least 30 Kg to be at a healthy weight. I live in my Boyfriends home with his family and our eating habits are very very bad. I cannot afford to buy my own food or go on a shake diet or join a gym, and everytime i go get started on anything i rapidly lose interest. I am a yoyo-er and i dont know how to help myself. I find it really hard to get a routine happening in my current living situation.

Do any of you have ANY advice?

Yoyogirl :(
yoyogirl88

Postby electrongirl » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:20 pm

your going to find it hard to change your habits if you have no control over what you eat.

Maybe talk to your bf's parents and explain to them that you want to lose weight and maybe they could help you.

Also walking is great exercise. So go for walks in the afternoons/evenings. you dont need the gym, hell one lady wrote a weightloss book after she lost weight walking around her clothesline!!

If you can't do much about the food, at least cut down, have smaller portions, dont add butter etc to vegies, things like that.

Trust me, by doing this now, you wont have the regrets I have at 31 wishing I hadn't wasted my 20's overweight!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:53 pm

When I was younger I was in the same situation. I could not afford to buy my own food or join a gym. So I ate the food provided but I calorie counted everything ........here's a rough guide for calories for weight loss....

WOMEN

Need to lose less than 6kgs
1,250 calories (35grams of fat)

Need to lose 6 -20 kgs
1,500 calories (42g of fat)

Need to lose more than 20kg
1,750 calories (49g of fat)

I like calorie counting cause it's free and I got the number of calories in foods from the web for free. KJs are written on packets sometimes instead of calories, to work out the calories divide by 4.19

SORRY IF YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS!

Exercise.....I did walking and saved $5 a week and then brought a second hand push bike.

It's a tough situation but hang in there.....you can lose the weight! :D
help6363

Re: HELP!!

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:55 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:Hiya guys,
I need some serious help. Im 19 yrs old and need to lose at least 30 Kg to be at a healthy weight. I live in my Boyfriends home with his family and our eating habits are very very bad. I cannot afford to buy my own food or go on a shake diet or join a gym, and everytime i go get started on anything i rapidly lose interest. I am a yoyo-er and i dont know how to help myself. I find it really hard to get a routine happening in my current living situation.

Do any of you have ANY advice?

Yoyogirl :(

Oh, sorry....... why do you lose interest? What happens? Sorry for the questions! :D
help6363

yoyo

Postby mimosa8 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:23 pm

:arrow: what do they eat at your house??

:arrow: do you do any exercise??. fruit and veg is cheap

:arrow: do you drink 2lt of water per day?
mimosa8

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:38 am

well my boyfriend and i just bought bikes and we rode for the first week and after that we just seem to find every kind of excuse although last night we just went na i dont want to go.

When I start a diet its usually just before im set to visit my mum because im worried about how she will react and then as it comes closer to seeing her i just give into temptation and buy chips or choocolate. The most weight i lost was 21 kGs and i have put it all back on since i did that. I did a Herbal detoc with my mum when i was still living with her and i used to walk and jog every day. I am going to try and get into that habit again (the execise).

The food in our house, Well 2-3 night a week we have take-away. about 2 nights a week we have a good meat and veggies meal, I never have butter on my veggies or gravy but we have a lot of baked veggies (in oil). The other nights of the week are generally do it yourself and maily to eat there is baked beans or spaghetti, sometimes i have scrambled eggs too. I have just cut cheese out of my diet again as i love my melted cheese on toast, though even when i was eating cheese it wasnt all that much. There are 8 people in our house and eating the meat and veggies in do it yourself night wouldnt be to fair to everyone else.

As for talking to my boyfriend parents i have, they give me smaller Servings. I am a snacker for all sorts of reasons, emotional,boredom stress.

I only drink water. I drink 2-3 600mL bottles while im working and usually 1-2 after work.

I dont know why i lose interest i just get to a point where i go ooooh this one thinbg wont hurt and that is the start of the downhill slide.

My initial goal is 75Kgs although 67 is my ultimate goal.

I currently weigh 94Kgs.
yoyogirl88

Postby electrongirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:16 am

well it seems you have an answer for every solution we suggest.

So perhaps your not ready yet?

Not trying to be mean, but if you are serious about losing the weight you will be ready to make changes and not keep making excuses.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby sassi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:00 am

i understand that it must be really tough to have much control over your eating when you're living in a house with so many other people. portion control is a good start though, as is cutting out/down the cheese. what sorts of things do you eat for brekky/lunch?

you already drink water, which is great - that's an awesome start!

maybe with so little control over what you eat in the evening, perhaps you can focus more on exercise at the start rather than the eating side?

i know what it's like to find excuses not to exercise - i've been a shocker for that in the past. but this week i've had a revelation of sorts! my bf and i dug out a soccer ball and for the last two nights we've kicked around the ball. we often go for walks in the evening but it can feel like a chore & it's easy to talk yourself out of. but walking to the park & kicking the ball around seems like fun & is probably better exercise! so my new mantra is to make exercise something fun - at least on days when you think you can't be bothered.

sorry for writing so much, hope something helps!
sassi

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:58 pm

Thank you for your opinion. I know I make excuses and for the 2nd time in the last year someone just smacked me in the face about it ( Thank you ). I know you arent being mean. It has just started pouring rain so i will have to dig out some money from mr Piggy and go to the gym for an hour or so. :D

So here goes I have bought a new 1Lt drinking bottle so i can keep track of what im drinking and I am going to try my best to do some sort of exercise each day for at least half an hour.

I have joined Calorieking too to help me out.

Ill let you know how I go.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby electrongirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:20 pm

thats great!! even small changes can make a big impact!!

are you working or studying? Maybe if your not working you could maybe get a casual job walking dogs or something? that way you'd get the exercise and some money of your own!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:01 pm

=D hehehe I do have a job currently I am working as a housekeeper in a hotel.

After much umming and aahing i walked to the mechanics today instead of getting a lift to pick up our car (we had a fuel leak of all things). So tomorrow if its sunny I am going to walk to work. :D
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby help6363 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:54 pm

I know what you mean about snacking for different reasons......Here's what I did (it may or may not work for you).......

One of my biggest problems was binge eating. To solve this problem, I kept a journal with the aim of trying to figure myself out. Here’s what I did: wrote down when I felt like binge eating and what I felt like eating. I looked over this at a later date. When I analysed myself and my actions I came to the realisation that I liked to eat greasy food when I am stressed, chocolate when I am grumpy and so forth. Now you just need to replace the habit with something else. Can you drink water when you are stressed instead of reaching for the greasy food? Make strategies that will work for YOU!

This may take some practice! Hence, just get back on the horse if you do slip up….. it’s really not the end of the world!

WELL DONE REGARDING THE EXERCISE.....that's great! :D
help6363

=D

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:35 pm

Thanks for the encouragemeant that sound like an awesome idea. Ive been jumping on the forums all night and have realised i have adapted to living my life and eating. I read and eat i watch TV and eat and i play computer and eat. I am hoping that with the help of my bf and all you guys I can do something else. Im considering Blogging when I feel like eating. What do you think?
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Re: =D

Postby help6363 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:38 am

yoyogirl88 wrote:Thanks for the encouragemeant that sound like an awesome idea. Ive been jumping on the forums all night and have realised i have adapted to living my life and eating. I read and eat i watch TV and eat and i play computer and eat. I am hoping that with the help of my bf and all you guys I can do something else. Im considering Blogging when I feel like eating. What do you think?

Do whatever works for you......I know you can do this! :D It does sound like a good idea!!!

I had a reward system to help me keep motivated.......don't know if this helps but here's the idea........

Each time I used to commence a diet, I would start with enthusiasm and then a week later quit! We need strategies to keep us motivated. What motivates you?

Here’s what I did: I broke my main goal into mini goals and then made up rewards for myself each time I reached a mini goal. Rewards can be anything: soap, bubble bath, holiday, a special outing and so forth. Yes, you could give yourself these things anytime but why not work towards them?

Know your self, what motivates you? How will you keep yourself motivated? Work out strategies that will work for you!

I know you can and will do this! :D

I know I will be reading about your successful weight loss soon! :D
help6363

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:56 am

Well since I'm quite new to this. What would be a reasonable goal to try and set myself for the mini goals. Oh and i weighed myself last night and i am never going to weight when lady rose comes to visit again im not 95 im 92.7. how much does that fluctuation annoy you.

=DYoyoGirl
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous