It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:23 am

Free Newsletter

HELP!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby help6363 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:09 am

yoyogirl88 wrote:Well since I'm quite new to this. What would be a reasonable goal to try and set myself for the mini goals. Oh and i weighed myself last night and i am never going to weight when lady rose comes to visit again im not 95 im 92.7. how much does that fluctuation annoy you.

=DYoyoGirl

That time of the month? Me personally, I bloat and the scales go up!

Does it annoy me? You bet! I try not to weigh myself for that week cause it annoys me that much. However, I look at it this way...... I can have a baby one day and it's part of the parcel of being a woman.

A goal? I set mini goals at 5kgs. My rewards were holding a koloa, going for a camel ride, spending $20 at a second hand shop (I know but I LOVE second hand shops and found some real bargins), buying make-up, colouring my hair, getting my eyebrows waxed.....I don't know if you like any of these!!! SORRY!!!

When I hit a plateau......I brought rewards for myself for sticking to the number of calories, workouts and exercise. Just simple things lipstick, clothes....

Don't know if that helps or not.

Anyway, hang in there.....I know you can do this! :D
help6363

Postby emmalito » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 pm

hi, and congrats on making a start.

could you cook any of the nights? that way you could have more control over how healthy the meal is.

i found a calorie counting download that's been really helpful. It's a free 14 day trial, then you have to buy it though...

i love the part that shows you how many calroeis you need to have each day, and plans out how you want to lose the weight - either by x a week (then it tells you when you'll get there) or by a certain date (then it tells you how much you would have to lose each week to make the goal).

Seeing how little time it would take to make a real difference is motivating. I think back over the last, say, six weeks, and how quickly they've gone, and what happened (usually nothing exciting), then i think 'well that went fast, and i could be in the low 70's in another six weeks". Or whatever - you get the point.

I also try and delay eating by about 5 minutes. I say i can have that 'whatever' in a minute, and by the time the five minutes is up, more often than not i've forgotten about it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlhBGtI/]
[/url]
emmalito

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:36 pm

I wish this weather would settle down. didnt walk this morning ran outta time decided to ride and the bf said no its gunna rain we will go later if its not raining. On the upside though it has been a HUGE few days at work and ive been ran off my feet and i have 5 more days of it coming so i got a good pay and was able to buy some food for myself.

I should cook. I'm Lazy when it comes to cooking but yes that would be a good idea i might talk to the folks about it.
Ok so my fist goal will be 77 by the new year( this is going on the being 92 and not 95, i need to change my ticker =D). If I make that I will get my hair done cut & colour.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby help6363 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:48 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:I wish this weather would settle down. didnt walk this morning ran outta time decided to ride and the bf said no its gunna rain we will go later if its not raining. On the upside though it has been a HUGE few days at work and ive been ran off my feet and i have 5 more days of it coming so i got a good pay and was able to buy some food for myself.

I should cook. I'm Lazy when it comes to cooking but yes that would be a good idea i might talk to the folks about it.
Ok so my fist goal will be 77 by the new year( this is going on the being 92 and not 95, i need to change my ticker =D). If I make that I will get my hair done cut & colour.

Your first goal and reward sounds excellent! :D

YOU will make it to this goal, I know you will :D

What makes you think you will not make it to this goal? Please believe in you......if I can do this then anyone can!

Oh, just being nosey......what approach are you taking to dieting? Hope I am not making you repeat yourself.
:oops:

help6363

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:17 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:I should cook. I'm Lazy when it comes to cooking but yes that would be a good idea i might talk to the folks about it.Ok so my fist goal will be 77 by the new year( this is going on the being 92 and not 95, i need to change my ticker =D). If I make that I will get my hair done cut & colour.

I hate cooking, however I actually enjoy preparing my meals now, as I've looked forward to them all day ( as Im on 2 shakes ) that I enjoy the meal that little bit more when I prepare it.

Also by preparing you have control over what goes in and what gets left behind ( in terms of calories ) that should be able to help you out as well.

Good luck with your goal :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:21 am

oops i meant 87 (77 would mean 15Kgs in a month wowee) 87 would be awesome.
Day 3 now and since the last few weeks i went overboard the the sweets and chocolate and chips and stuff, I dont even feel like em at the moment.

I told my mum waht I was doing this morning and she was good good and i told her how much I weigh and she was oooooooh oh dear. Bit of a downer.

Also I got teased by my workmates yesterday and told that counting calories bah just eat less and exercise more, whay do a stupid thing like that. I hate feeling like i need to explain myself.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby help6363 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:29 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:oops i meant 87 (77 would mean 15Kgs in a month wowee) 87 would be awesome.
Day 3 now and since the last few weeks i went overboard the the sweets and chocolate and chips and stuff, I dont even feel like em at the moment.

I told my mum waht I was doing this morning and she was good good and i told her how much I weigh and she was oooooooh oh dear. Bit of a downer.

Also I got teased by my workmates yesterday and told that counting calories bah just eat less and exercise more, whay do a stupid thing like that. I hate feeling like i need to explain myself.

Sounds like a great goal! You will do it! Glad your mum is being supportive :D

Can I ask how many calories you are eating per day? I know, I am asking questions, sorry!

Your workmate teased you? I know what you mean, it happens to me all the time too. People give such silly advice about dieting. Once a woman told me I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I exercised 30 minutes a day :shock: Stupid me did it and packed on 10 kilos. I know it's hard but try to ignore comments like that. I just say, 'okay thanks but I really want to try this'. After all you know what is best for YOU!

What day is your weigh in day?

What exercise will you be doing?

Looking forward to reading about your weight loss in the near future :D
help6363

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:41 pm

I have no problem with questions. =D
Calorieking has said 1800 so im sticking to that pretty well. The hardest part of that is working out the food diary section. :lol:

My weigh in day is Sunday. I work all week and get odd days off so i dont have weekends.

I am varying my exercise. some days ill walk to work, which is 20 mins each way. Other days i am going to bike ride with my bf or walk the dog. Also we will start going to the local pool and swim too. After chrsitmas I want to start going to the gym again when work picks up again.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby help6363 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:20 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:I have no problem with questions. =D
Calorieking has said 1800 so im sticking to that pretty well. The hardest part of that is working out the food diary section. :lol:

My weigh in day is Sunday. I work all week and get odd days off so i dont have weekends.

I am varying my exercise. some days ill walk to work, which is 20 mins each way. Other days i am going to bike ride with my bf or walk the dog. Also we will start going to the local pool and swim too. After chrsitmas I want to start going to the gym again when work picks up again.

Calorie counting can be hard! I brought a $5 book with all the calories of food listed in them....it's my bible LOL :lol:

You sound like you have a fantastic plan.....well done! :D

There's also a web site for free called Spark People......it's great for information if you ever want to check it out and it's FREE!

I KNOW YOU WILL DO THIS!
help6363

Previous

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous