It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:21 am

Free Newsletter

Alice in Chains

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Alice in Chains

Postby sweet alice » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:25 am

Good start to the day- as usual for a Monday.
(A good start on a Friday will be a miracle!)
Breakfast of Special K, trim milk and strawberries. Ate ok over the weekend but have gone back to drinking coke- I just can't seem to give up that stuff!
It seems so far to go, even thought I've lost 3 kg in the past 2 weeks I have 45 to go. I thought about maybe breaking it up into small steps, not focus on losing 45 kg, but maybe try to get down to 110, then 105, then 100.
Or is that just playing games and should I just face up to the fact that I'm nearly 50 kgs overweight?
And geez Alice, who's bright idea was it to start trying to lose weight 3 weeks before Xmas?
Off to walk the dog and try NOT to think about the potato chips and Ferrero Rochers in the pantry...
sweet alice

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Alice,

Firstly Welcome :)

I don't think its pointless in breaking up your goals. I know I set myself 5kg mini goals and it makes it far more realistic and achievalbe. I find that I dont lose focus and it's much easier to stay motivated !

Good luck with your journey, don't worry about Christmas, in the end it's only one day ;)

You CAN do this !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby scoots » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:31 pm

i agree with Helen, its not pointless breaking it up into smaller goals, i've broken mine down into 2.5kg goals, has made it so much easier to stay focussed, plus you get to celebrate reaching a milestone more often, which also helps with the motivation side of things. I also have 10kg goals and rewards, on top of my 2.5kg ones, just as an extra added bonus :D

Re: Alice in Chains

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:17 pm

Hey Alice, welcome! It's nice to meet you!

A great start to the week for sure, keep it up :D Breaking your weight loss up into smaller goals is definitely the way to go, it makes it seem more manageable and not quite so daunting!!!

Hey mate, if you can lose weight before Christmas then you can do it ANY time!!! Christmas is definitely the hardest time, but don't be too hard on yourself on Christmas Day, as long as you get back to it ASAP the next day, all is good :) :)

Have fun on the walk :D

Em xoxo

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:44 am

Hi Alice

welcome :D go ahead and break up those Kg's girl :wink: I agree with all of the above, makes things heaps easier....

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Postby lng86 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:35 am

Christmas is most definitely the hardest time of year! Be proud that you have started now!!! Your determination will help you along this journey... Because you've stopped saying 'tomorrow'!!!

I know it sounds like a long journey... But trust me - it will fly by. I think you should play mind games with yourself... As your body plays mind games on you!!!

I can see the light at the end of my tunnel... And you'll be in that same position shortly!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:24 pm

Go the goals! My first is 87 by christmas and WHEN i hit it I'll make a new one It makes the number so much more acheivable especially if you are a rushpot like me.

You can do IIIT!!

20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9

Postby sweet alice » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:36 am

Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone. My partner, family and friends are all slim people, so sometimes it can seem a very lonely journey. Although they are mostly supportive, they don't really understand how difficult this is. I'm really inspired seeing the progress you all have made and that helps me believe I can do it too.
Have slipped a little on the eating this week with all the social functions, (and it doesn't help that Christmas is at my house this year and I'm the chief cook) but I have exercised every day, if only to walk the dog- he's a great incentive! I've also planned to have slightly more than enough food in the house (not masses of it) and any leftovers will be given to guests as they leave. I'm also planning to drag everyone outside for a pre dinner game of backyard volleyball, and off to the park for a walk after dinner.
Have a great Christmas everyone !
sweet alice

Doing OK!

Postby sweet alice » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:57 am

Had a few treats over Xmas, but for the first time ever we didn't have loads of food left over, and not only ate a bit healthier, but saved money and waste. Just one box of choclates between my parnter and me and he had most of them. Normally we'd have half a dozen boxes at Xmas, but I asked people not to give me chocolate this year. Just one dessert, and it was icecream based so the leftovers could go in the freezer instead of having to be used up. Lots of salads too. I have even bought some low calorie juice for tonight's party so I won't be drinking wine.
We didn't managed the exercise on Xmas day because of the rain, but every day since we've gone for long walks together after dinner. I walked 3km last night which is amazing for me, someone who gets tired walking to the letterbox! I have bought an exercise bike for the rainy days , and a set of weights. If I can get fit enough on that , I'm thinking of buying a real bike. I haven;t ridden one since I was 12! Hope everyone's New Year's Eve is shaping up to be a happy and healthy one. Cheers!
sweet alice

Postby JL77 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:00 am

Well done on your excerise, this time of year can change peoples attitudes, me being one. I think you are doing great...

You seem to have the right attitude, well done on buying the excerise equipment.

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:25 am

Good going Alice . having a bike and weights on staandby is great i have me stationary bike and have been jumping on when im not going to exercise . The feeling that i have accoplished it is great. Good luck
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby ellecee » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:36 am

Hiya Alice,

I can absolutely relate to so many things you have said... slim family, the bike..ahhh I remember those days.. that's one of my goals too.. i want a purple mountain yes purple.
good going on the bike and weights.. pump up that music! :wink: All the best!
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~

Postby Mandie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:22 pm

hey alice, well done on your loss so far :) congrats on getting through the 3km walk the other day and it sounds like you had a fun but sensible chrissy! best of luck, keep going!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:17 pm

Hey Alice!

Happy New Year! Sounds like you handled Christmas really well, you should be proud of yourself :D Good planning ahead with the low cal juice for tonight as well!

Looking forward to hearing more of your progress :)
Em xoxo

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:37 pm

Congrats on your progress Alice! Sounds like you're doing very well :)
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous