It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:46 am

Free Newsletter

Alice in Chains

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi Alice - sounds like you're doing really well and making some good decisions too. Happy New Year!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sweet alice » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:52 am

I saw my doctor on Friday to have a general checkup. Everything seems ok, and he was so pleased I have decided to lose weight. He was very supportive and gave me a few tips, suggesting like everyone here that I don't think about losing 50kgs but focus on losing five.
He told me even a 5kg loss can improve my health, and though I have no major issues yet, there are signs that things might not be so good in the future, especially diabetes and breathing problems. I
I know since the last 10kg went on, I've had shortness of breathwhen walking, and that scares me. I worry about having a heart attack and not getting the chance to live my life in the body I want to have.
So I've started my exercise bike and weights. Now don't laugh, but I'm only doing 5 minutes of each, five times a week, and increasing it each week by 5 minutes. That's what the doctor said, though it seems far too easy.
Normally when I start exercising again I do heaps on the first day, exhaust/hurt myself, do much less the second day and give up all together by day three!
I'm feeling very positive and relieved, I expected to get a lecture from the doctor about letting myself get into this state, but he was helpful and very kind, so that made me think I can do this.
Have a successful week everyone!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxjUH2z/]
[/url]
sweet alice

Postby grugwashere » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:59 am

5 mins on each is a great start! i too tend to exhaust myself and give up! so i am only doing walking for the moment until i drop some more weight and my knees can handle jogging.

just thinking about it this way is it better to do 10 mins a day and build it up and lose weight or not do any at all and not lose any weight?

:) i look forward to seeing your prgress!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

It's Bitter-sweet Alice today!

Postby sweet alice » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:07 am

I was feeling great yesterday because I've dropped another kilo (while my skinny best friend put on 3kg over Xmas!) , and my fella suggested splashing out on new clothes to celebrate. I went into a lingerie shop thinking some new underwear might be nice- what a mistake. I had noticed the young, slim shop assistants were giggling behind the counter, I wasn't taking much notice at first, but looked up and realised they were giggling at me. Every time I picked something up to look at it, they were stifling giggles. I'd already come to the conclusion most of the pretty stuff they had wasn't in my size. I felt really embarrassed and left pretty quickly and just came home. I'm feeling annoyed about it today- but not with them. I'm annoyed with myself and my reaction. I'm a grown woman. I have more life experience, income and qualifications that either of those two Paris Hilton wannabes, but I let them make ME feel inferior because I'm heavy. Yet that morning I was feeling so proud of myself. It doesn't take much to knock my confidence at the moment it seems. Ah well. Another week and hopefully another kilo. Have a successful week everyone!
[/url]
sweet alice

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 am

Hun, those b.itchy shop assistants are NOT worth your time and energy. You're so much better than them. They may be skinny, but you're kind and smart and doing SO well, they have nothing on you! You should pity them, they're pathetic and as I like to refer to some people 'oxygen thiefs'.

4kgs lost already is great, you're going great guns, keep going!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby sassi » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:37 am

oxygen thiefs - i love it!!

congrats on losing another kilo alice - you're doing a fab job :D

losing weight is so much more than the number going down on the scales - I know for me it involves dealing with many insecurities I have about my body & learning to love myself & my body starting now - not when I'm at my goal weight.

i know you are annoyed with yourself for walking out - that's fair enough, but i'm also glad you didn't give money to a shop where they have such insensitive & inane assistants. just think - you spending money there would have gone towards paying their wages!!

find another shop if you can & if you can't, there are plenty of places online with lovely lingerie where you can still treat yourself - because you deserve it :)

your fella sounds lovely & supportive!
sassi

Postby Mandie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:08 am

well done on losing that kilo alice!

dont worry about the horrible women - there are always people like that in the world, it SUCKS but we just have to deal with them... wish we didnt though!
Mandie

ALICE'S FIRST NOT SO GOOD WEEK

Postby sweet alice » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:03 am

Let's be honest, I blew it. We had a lot of work to do on our property over the last few days, and I used that as an excuse to 'treat' myself. In the cold light of day, why I look at damaging my health as 'treating myself' I don't really know. I worked hard, mostly hard physical work, and so let myself have a few beers, lots of red meat and desserts, because everyone else was. OK, it's only one weekend, but now I've started the losing weight cycle, I don't want to go back to putting it on again.

I realised in the last 3 or 4 years, I've lost and gained the same 5 kilos over and over. What a waste of time. If I'd kept myself going, I could have lost this weight by now! So back to work today! Thank you so much for the kind words and support, especially after my recent shopping disaster- I felt pretty low after that, and have to admit to a moment of 'why bother-? I'm always going to be the fat one.' I don't want to believe that any more. I need to keep reminding myself- this is just what I LOOK LIKE, it isn't WHO I AM.

[/url]
sweet alice

Postby rivenriver » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:36 am

Awwww, blow outs suck, hey? But you've got a good attitude toward it, so don't let it get you down!!! You're totally going to make it!!!!!
rivenriver

YOU'VE GOT SUCH A PRETTY FACE...

Postby sweet alice » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:46 am

A good week. Didn't lose anything but didn't gain after my halo slipped either!
The new Biggest Loser is starts on tv this week. I've never really watched that (too much guilt!) , but thought I'd give it a try and see if it helps with motivation.
I was looking at some old photos of myself at the weeknd (and there aren't many- I've always been very skilled at disappearing when the camera comes out!) , some taken when I was a size 16. I thought I was enormous (mostly because my friends were all size 10s) but I think now I looked healthy and attractive. What I wouldn't give to look like that now!

The biggest compliment I used to get was always "You've got such a pretty face" usually followed by "and if you lost a bit of weight..." That's probably why it's so hard to take compliments, because there was always the 'but...' afterwards. Even now as big as I am, my man will look at me getting dressed and tell me I'm beautiful. So I tell him he's an idiot, or biased, or blind, or a chubby chaser. Well no more. If anyone is nice enough to compliment me from now on, I'm just going to say thank you and shut up and not spend five minutes arguing with them about how the size of my bum cancels out anything attractive about me. I'm getting my 'pretty' back!

[/url]
sweet alice

Re: Alice in Chains

Postby ellecee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:20 am

oh Alice that's such a positive step to take...GOOD ON YOU!!
I know exactly what you mean...I'd get 'you've got such a pretty face' and then I'd be filling in the 'but' myself.... 'but so fat, but shame you're overweight but but but..' and I would never say thankyou, never just accept a compliment, and then beat myself up and go to 'comfort' myself with food ughh. BUT the moment I did allow myself to stand up and say thankyou, I felt so good, i'd released myself. I bet it makes your partner feel good that you are accepting his compliments too.
You sound determined and confident, have a great week hun!
hugs, LC.
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:32 pm

Good on you for reclaiming 'pretty'!

I know how it can be really irritating to be told 'Wow. You have such a pretty face!' because like you guys I automatically fill in 'shame about the rest of you' whenever I hear it directed at me! It's hard though. In the 'before and after' photos section it's a common compliment. I can understand why people here don't often say "You look great the way you are!" because we're all here for the same purpose, to lose weight. So you don't want to tell someone they look wonderful at their current weight, even if that's what you're thinking, because it could come across as hypocritical. But you don't want to say "You have such a pretty face/eyes/hair" in case they take that the wrong way too! Or maybe that's just me over-analysing and stressing over things too much!

The important thing is yay for you for accepting the compliments from now on! It does wonders for the self esteem in the long run!
EvilWombatQueen

I hate vegetables

Postby sweet alice » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:07 am

A great week,I lost a nother kilo, just can't rememebr how to change the ticker thing , so I'll figure it out later. Very pleased that even though it's been hot summer weather, I've not had any soft drink, diet or otherwise for two whole weeks. Dirnking loads of water and only having one coffee a day. Just those changes alone have cut my sugar in half.
Drinking water is easy, so is eating fish and fruit because I love them. But I don't love vegetables. The easiest way for me to eat veggies is soup, the worst is salad. It takes me about half an hour to eat a salad because I just don't want to! Why can't veggies taste like chocolate? Mother Nature really screwed up there- if broccoli tasted like a Magnum icecream,I'd be the healthiest person in the world!!
[/url]
sweet alice

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:08 am

if broccoli tasted like a Magnum icecream,I'd be the healthiest person in the world!!

Hear, Hear!!

Although I personally love my veggies but I hate salads. In fact for some weird reason whenever I have Salad I feel REALLY sick for hours. Its the lettuce that does it.

GRATZ ON THE LOSS!!! woohoo. Keep up the good work!!!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Previous

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous