It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

Rachel's Road to Success!!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Rachel's Road to Success!!!

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:23 pm

I am going to join a gym!

I never thought I would, since I am renting gym equipment. But I lack motivation. I really want to get involved with a gym and a personal trainer. I need someone pushing me. I need someone I can strive to impress.

So, I found this gym right near my work. its about 10mins walk in fact :)

Tomorrow I am going to give them a call or I might even drop in.

I am really looking forward to this!

I think its around $8 a week, which I am guessing is alright.

Oh and I have over 10kgs to lose :) I am quite excited.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 pm

oh drat! I just saw some pictures of the gym and it looks mega cramped and I think I would prefer going to a Women's gym :(

I think the fernwood one might cost a bit though, but I really need a gym and some kind of training plan or personal trainer. I need that.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:51 am

Good on you, different strokes for different folks I say... I personally have a gym membership, even though I have a bowflex out in the garage..... personal trainers really take you places that you dont wanna go. :lol: I go to an all womens gym, a little bit on the expensive side, but to me it's all worth it..... such an awsome gym I go to...with my gym membership I got a free half hour session with a PT, and oh my gosh, I went to places where I just felt so un-comfortable, they really push you ay..... what I got from that session was, we have to get uncomfortable if we wanna see results, and really how many of us, like feeling un-comfrotable :wink: Hard work alright!!!! but the gym for me is also very motivating.....

I really look forward in following your progress......

:lol:
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby sassi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:40 am

rach, have you ever thought about going to see a PT who isn't necessarily attached to a gym? i found mine by searching around on the net - he has the relevant qualifications & runs a PT studio from his home. it's nowhere near as expensive as i thought it would be (altho def more than a gym membership) - but he gives me diet plans & an exercise plan to use at home between sessions that takes into account what equipment i have access to.

i find it less intimidating than going to a gym & i always turn up because it's an 'appointment'.
sassi

Postby lng86 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:39 am

You can do this, Rach.

And regarding the money - what price would you pay for your health and happiness?!?!

Do without a magazine... Or a bottle of coke... Or a take away coffee and you will find the extra few dollars that a personal trainer will cost.

It's worth it! I've completed changed my life because of the help of my PT!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby oostevens » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:46 am

yeah the cost is the big thing. hubby and i dont have much spare cash due to bills and debts etc.

anything we have left over each week we try and save for car services and new mattresses etc.

so after talking to the husband, I don't think we can afford a gym membership. we are trying to get ahead financially and at the moment we can only just pay for everything.

i dunno what to do. cos i really need motivation and am struggling with that alone. I have treadmill, bike and crosstrainer at home, but its so hard getting motivated to hop on, when i could easily hop off. And seeing all the household stuff around doesn't make it any easier.

I can't wait till we move next april, maybe we can move into a house so we will have a room to set up exercise stuff.

So yeah, feeling a bit down about motivation at the moment.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby sassi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:36 pm

is it just the motivation to actually do something (which is my problem!) or the motivation to keep going once you start?

i know you've probably tried heaps of things to motivate yourself already but is any/all of the equipment in front of the tv? can you say to yourself, right - i can watch this show on tv but i need to do it while on the treddy or the bike? or even just say to yourself (if you get bored quickly) that you will just do 10 mins on each - that way you've done 30 mins of exercise :)

you will get there rach - i know the motivation will come back. i've seen how hyped you can be after a good training session - you just need to give yourself a bit of a kick & get back into it. i know your neck has been sore etc, so even if you just sit on the bike for 20 mins :)

you can definitely do this. :D
sassi

Postby oostevens » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:00 pm

aww thanks :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby oostevens » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:43 pm

WOOHOO i have done 20mins HIIT on the bike :) I don't know how, but i just got on when i got home, no questions.....i didnt even try making excuses.....strange hey!

I am gunna do another workout before i go to bed :) if i get time after vaccuuming and scrubbing bathrooms (inspection on thursday :s)

i once again drank 2L of water :) i am really loving having a reminder go off on my comp every 15mins! I drink about 6 gulps every 15mins :) So I am evenly hydrated :)

I have also been enjoying my salads. I had lettuce with light fetta, olives, tuna and honey mustard dressing YUMMO!

I hope this motivation sticks around.

I cannot wait till TTOM is over, cos i wanna see how much I weigh.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:44 am

Well done !!

This motivation WILL stick around ! I had the same fears as well, that I would only be motivated for a couple of days and then lose it. You will find that it will become second nature to do what you're doing, you'll find yourself on auto pilot before you know it :)

Great work Rachel, keep it up !!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby oostevens » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 am

ok well i didnt get to my second workout, but only cos we were cleaning and it got late :p

tonight i will get on the bike again and then we are cleaning the floors and that is another workout :p and if i get time i will do my pushups etc workout.

YAY

going to the dentist today.....for checkup etc. Gunna ask about my wisdom teeth, cos i am worried they will become a burden.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby oostevens » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 pm

YAY dentist went great, they said my teeth look good :)

I did another HIIT on bike tonight :) I am feeling great.

Decided to go to Fernwood and at least see what they have and ask about their payment plans. $20 bucks a week isn't that bad for 12months. I would go and do 30mins each lunch hour and go to two classes a week after work. Sounds like a new obsession :p

Soon I am going to clean the floors, while listening to good ol David Bowie :)

Only two more days till I get 1 week off. Hooray!!!!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:39 pm

yay its great to hear everything is going so well, congrats, hope fernwood goes well, $20 is pretty good.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:56 am

$20 per week sounds awesome ! Does that include a PT ?
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby candycane » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:31 am

Hi hun!

What i do when i can't afford the gym, is go walking in the morning (up and down hills especially - better then a treadmill!) or do work out videos. I have Cardio-kickbox by jillian from the biggest loser and an abs diet video too. My bestmate has a tai bo one which she says is awesome and she goes walking too.

So i guess just make do with what you have until you can afford it. 20/week sounds pretty good though, my membership when i can afford it will be 60/month (student discount) just make sure the gym has good facilities and people to help you out. See if you get free training seshs and stuff as well because a lot of gyms offer like at least one assessment thingie.

good luck :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous