It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:17 am

Free Newsletter

LC - lovin life

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

LC - lovin life

Postby ellecee » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:38 am

Hi everyone :)

Congrats on a truly wonderful, inspiring site!

I'm new to the site and posted in the Into section and then found this great section.

I am 43yrs old
SW: 142
CW: 134
GW: 75

long way to go but then I think of where I came from and I shudder and only want to look ahead now.

I am eating healthy now and appreciating the 'good stuff'.
After just over 10wks I really don't miss the rubbish I put into my body.

I see a PT either 2 or 4 wkly and can ring him anytime..he's wonderful!!
I have blocks of 8wk programme's I do at home.
Weights, Bike, Boxing, Fitball, and just incorporated Tabata,.....I Lurvvvvve it! ...interval training/high intensity. eg. I go on the punching bag for 8 sets of punching...20s on / 10s rest. then i do 8 sets of pita pata's with the medicine ball. It really gets the heart rate up there, and a great workout if you don't have a lot of time.
Mini goal is 5kgs per mth. so come on January!

Next Thurs I start Aqua Aerobics...good grief am I nervous! (going to be chanting to myself...'feel the fear and do it anyway' lol)
I figure I've got myself to this point and the only way to make progress is to stop worrying what others think and care more about what i am thinking and feeling.
My friend who goes already won't be back from hols til the following week..(extended her holiday after we'd made the date for aqua)..i thought 'no you dont, just do it yourself'..eek. been there dont that with the excuses and putting things off.
So off i went to Autograph's Sale and bought bathers top, boardies and a pretty cover-up. Gosh it's been years since I've been in a pool! *Taking a deep breath

Thanks again for the great site! I aleady feel the support and hope I can be of support in the future as well
hugs :)
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:40 am

Hey LC - you're off to a great start! Sounds like you're making some really good choices and learning lots at the same time. All that PT makes me envious.

What is Tabata? I've never heard of it before and am just curious.

Have a great weekend!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:46 am

Hi LC !

Welcome !!! If there's ever been a site that oozes support, this would definitely be the one !!

Congratulations on your weight loss to date ! Its fantastic that you are motivated enough to perservere with your exercise program & PT sessions !

Good on you for starting Aqua Aerobics, I would love to start but getting out of the pool is my prob ! I' ve promised myself Im starting at the 150kg mark, so I have a wee way to go :)

As for your long journey, don't worry, you're not alone ! If you ever need any motivation or the kick up the butt to keep you going, holla out ok ?

You're doing a smashing job :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ellecee » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:53 am

hiya hun and thanks for your reply.

I have a couple of sites on Tabata..
this one best explains it...
http://searchsporting.com/tabata_protoc ... orkout.php

Tabata Workout is an Intense and Effective Exercise Routine

If you're short on time but you still want a decent workout routine, a Tabata workout might be for you. Short but very hard and extremely intense is what Tabata is all about. The Tabata protocol works so well because it maximizes oxygen consumption with short bursts of focused exercises.

The Tabata Workout was invented by Dr. Izumi Tabata at the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo, Japan. The basic principle is this: A Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. Eight intervals of one exercise must be completed before moving on to the next. Sound easy? Not! But remember, Dr. Tabata and his group emphasize the fact that "High-intensity exercise cannot be prescribed for individuals at risk for health problems or for obese people who are not used to exercise".

1) For twenty seconds, do as many repetitions as possible.

2) Rest for ten seconds

3) Repeat seven more times!

My PT arrived at home with a twinkle in his eyes as he told me we were going to do Tabata.. Im like whaaaaaaa...chabata, tomato, ta-what? lol.
It really gets the adrenaline pumping too. I love that you get a great session in such a short amt of time. :wink:

ellecee

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:55 am

Hi LC and welcome . Wish u all the best in your goals
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby sassi » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:55 am

hi lc!

what a fab start so far - you're flying along! you must be seeing some awesome results in terms of increased fitness as well as weight loss with that training regime! tabata sounds really interesting.

aqua aerobics are meant to be great :)
sassi

Postby ellecee » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:01 am

aww you girls are soooo sweet!

thanks so much, and Goddess, if need be, you will surely hear me hollering from Adelaide lol. If it's one promise Ive made to myself..it's to be honest and truthful in my progress (physically and emotionally)
Shall meet you at the pool :)

ellecee

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:03 am

ellecee wrote:aww you girls are soooo sweet!

thanks so much, and Goddess, if need be, you will surely hear me hollering from Adelaide lol. If it's one promise Ive made to myself..it's to be honest and truthful in my progress (physically and emotionally)
Shall meet you at the pool :)

Make sure you holla loudly incase im sleeping :P Honesty to ones self is much harder ! You CAN do this :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby lng86 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:33 am

Sounds like you have prepared for success!!!

Best wishes on your weight loss journey!

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby oostevens » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:42 am

hey girl! sounds like you are truely ready to go with all this :) i am impresed.

Tabata sound a tad like HIIT (high intensity interval training) where u do something for 1.5mins and then do it at a higher intensity for 30secs. you do that repeatedly for bout 20mins. thats what i do :)

this site is awesome! i am still on it and i have become slack a few times, but this site always brings me back.

good to have you here :) and whenever we can help we shall :) and i am sure we can learn heaps from you too :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby ellecee » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi Rachel,

yes Tabata is much like HIIT..i do that also. I think the only real difference is that Tabata is defined as 20s on / 10s off x 8cycles.
I work part-time and on the days I work I do HIIT or tabata before work cos of the time factor and at least feel like Ive burned those calories.

ellecee

Postby Fairie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:54 pm

Hi LC welcome to this great forum, you will get heaps of support. Don't be nervous about Aqua Aerobics, I loved doing it but sadly we no longer have a pool in the area. :(

All the best for your journey and you sound so enthusiastic, I hope it's catching. :wink: :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Mummyof3 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:51 am

Hi LC, Gosh im loving you Lady :) im sure you will become addicted to aqua areobics... I am for sure impressed by your motivation, I can really fell your energy... good going...
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby ellecee » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:10 am

aw thanks so much hun, that means a lot to me, cos this motivation thing is sticking around, holding tight and never letting go.
I only used to stay with it 2-6wks in the past and I have to say Im so pleased it's now becoming my lifestyle. Of course there's that stupid annoying voice that says I cant do it, bla bla bla but I knocked her down again lol.

Im sure I'll be posting Thurs night after Aqua. Still can't believe it's me going by myself. the person who would hide away.

ellecee

Postby Mummyof3 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:32 am

Hi LC

I only used to stay with it 2-6wks in the past and I have to say Im so pleased it's now becoming my lifestyle.
this sounds like me at the moment, for the new year I am really trying to visualise me being more in the moment when It comes to eating... I just need to be more aware, with what I put into my mouth.... :roll: for the past month I just made it to 4-6wks :wink: anyway, :D hope you having a great day...
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous