It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Jez in 2008

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Jez in 2008

Postby JL77 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:37 pm

I brought a really nice pair of earrings today, I never treat myself and i really love them, so I have promised myself I will not wear them till I finally do quit smoking. I spoke with my hubby and he agrees NYE would be a great start. So from 12am that night I wont be touching one. I have placed this to myself as the first challenge for the year. Yeah I have said it plenty of times before I am going to quit and I really do mean it when I say it, but I have come to realise doing it and says it are completly different things. The girl at work who I have become close to is a smoker so when I dont have any she gives me a few, but the good thing about it is she is leaving so that tempation wont be there. I have also planned not to go out much with my friends or speak on the phone alot as thats when i smoke most. I have been thinking of some strategies which will help me and I have come up with
:arrow: not wearing my nice new earrings till I stop
:arrow: walk or run on the spot if I am craving one
:arrow: dont go to the shop alone for a few weeks incase I give in
:arrow: keep a diary on here so you can all, kick me if I have one.
I am determained this time because I can feel my chest getting really ucky, my breathing is different and I dont like it, infact when it comes down to it I dont like smoking and its a BAD HABIT which I know I am strong enough to STOP....

Also on NYD I will be starting my new eating and excerise plan. I have posted it before but wanted to write it down on here also. My plans are

:arrow: to not make an actual kg number to get to goal, I am going to just work towards getting to 72kg again and take it from then
:arrow: I am only weighing in on Sundays, and I will TRY not to jump on the scales through out the week
:arrow: drink more water, starting at 1.5 liters a day and working towards 2 or more a day
:arrow: start walking to work again, serioulsy how lazy am I, I live a 5 min walk away and I have been driving, plus start excerising 3 extra times during the week and work towards doing it 5 or more for 30 min at a time.
:arrow: eat well, more fruit and vegies, multigrains etc
:arrow: the most important one of all I think is STOP SMOKING.

I will try to come on and write down how I have gone every day and I will try better to also support you guys........

Good Luck for 2008 :D
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:49 pm

2008 is going to be a fantastic year for you Jez, I can feel it :D

Im not a smoker, however I am a loser ! Please correct me if Im wrong, but losing weight and quitting smoking both have the same principles.

You need to have willpower of steel, be committed and focussed. Three elements which I believe you have :) Whenever you feel like you are going to stray, pop in, post away, someone is bound to be online and give you support, if no one is, I usually go through other peoples journeys to keep me focussed.

It might be hard initially but if you get through that "detox" period, you're going to do fabulously !!

If you ever need anything just holla ! I may not know the answer all the time but I'll definintely offer you support that you need :D

Bring on NYD :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:45 am

Good luck Jez We are all here to help u along
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby milkyway » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:53 am

Bring it on Jez! 2008 IS going to be great :)

All the best for quitting the fags. I did it almost six years ago so I know how hard it is, but you CAN do this and your body will love you for it :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:13 pm

Hey Jez!

Those are some great goals :D :D Good luck with the no smoking - you can do it!!! Think of how much easier exercise will be without all that yucky stuff in your lungs!!!

Excellent motivation with the jewellery too! You DESERVE to wear those earrings, so 2008 is your year - your NON SMOKING year :D

Good luck :D
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:53 am

Great goals Jez, you can do this!!!

I never used to drink much water but now I easily drink 3ltrs a day. The way I do this is to have a heap of 600ml bottles in the fridge. I have one with each meal. Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and have water there through work outs. I have found this a really easy way to drink lots of water. Just always make sure you have heaps of bottles in the fridge. You can buy 6-12 bottle of water from the supermarket fairly cheaply, then fill them up at home when they're empty. Just thought i 'd share my tip :D

Looking forward to following your progress :)
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Mummyof3 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:24 am

Hi there Jez

just wanted to wish you well with all the goals you have for 2008. I use to be a smoker, I know how hard it is to quit, I tryed and tryed numerous times... but I am happy to say that I am now smoke free, for over a year.... yeah i also know, it's easier said then done....BUT IF i CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN.....

My strongest motivation for quitting the ciggy's was my physical lifestyle that I was trying to implement, but really felt that the cigarettes were holding me back.....one year later, I feel way better and I get alot more out of my training... My partner is still a smoker and he trains hard as well, he knows for sure that the ciggys are really holding him down, so I try and do my best to encourage him to quit...but he wont, not yet, not untill he is truely ready, I believe you too, will quit sometime soon, all in good time....

I was lucky when I stopped smoking, cause I was hardly around smokers, It was hard as I remember now, cause I loved to smoke after a feed, and I loved to smoke with my partner, (socialing) and I especially liked smoking when I was on the phone and driving, my favourites actually :lol:

I wish you well with 2008........You can do it....Let it work for you mate :) ...

:D
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:43 am

heya jez!

awesome about your plans for 2008!

My hubby was a smoker since he was in grade 6! he is now 27 and gave up smoking when we started dating, he then went onto gum, and became addicted to it, cos he needed nicotine! About 1 month ago, he went back on to smokes (after 2yrs on gum), cos the gum wasnt working and he was getting mad all the time. We were going to see how he went for 1 month having 1-3 smokes day. Eventually he wanted more and more....and before the month ended (was going to be 1st jan) he decided again to quit. But this time it was purely his choice. So he has gone back to gum, BUT he is using it properly now. He wasnt using it right beforehand, and so far he is going well :)

Just make sure that whatever method you use to quit, that you do it right :) and u will have no probs :)

For him, its a health thing. He feels better not smoking, can execise better AND his asthma and hay fever are better without smokes.

I believe in ya :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:15 pm

Quitting smoking is THE most important thing you can do for your health (yes, even more important than weight loss - just!).. you CAN do it, you HAVE to do it! Best of luck :)
Mandie

Postby JL77 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:03 pm

I am so scared I wont be able to do it :oops: :cry: :x :?
JEZ

28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby milkyway » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:50 pm

A minute, an hour and one day at a time. Good luck Jez!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby JL77 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:03 pm

milkyway wrote:A minute, an hour and one day at a time. Good luck Jez!

thats FANTASTIC advice. I am going to try really hard to think that way, thanks.
JEZ

28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Hope the not-smoking is going well :D

Remember the 4 'D's that Quit advise:

Drink water
Delay
Deep breathe
Do something else

These also helped me get through :)

You CAN do this!!!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby JL77 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:38 pm

milkyway wrote:Hope the not-smoking is going well :D

Remember the 4 'D's that Quit advise:

Drink water
Delay
Deep breathe
Do something else

These also helped me get through :)

You CAN do this!!!

OMG this is so hard. I woke up this morning and to be honest I had 2 smokes left in my packet so i had them, it felt goof that they had gone. But now I am craving them. I even went to light up a butt, how bad is that? I am so discusted with myself. I am drinking some water and trying to keep myself busy. Hubby had to work tonight so it will be a hard thing to get threw the whole night with out him here.
To make tommorrow easier we have decided to go for a walk after work so I dont have time to sit around wanting one.
I hope I dont give in and go buy some.
JEZ

28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:07 pm

Hi jez

I even went to light up a butt, how bad is that? I am so discusted with myself.
I soooo remember doing that myself, but like several times :lol: it happens it's just part of the process, I think your doing fine just think you have made the first step and thats to want to kick the habit, your get there chick.... Just remain positive.....

Happy New years to you....
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous