Moderator: Moderators

Jessica's Journey...

Postby jessica-rae » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:53 am

Hi girls!

I'm definitely one of the bigger girls.

SW:132.4
CW: 129.4
GW:75

I'm just so tired of being this big and I think I am in denial about how large I really am.

I want to be able to walk into any store- Sussans, Sportsgirl, Esprit- and I know that I will be able to fit into anything they have.

I want to get rid of the health problems I am just started to feel which are obesity related.

I want to be a beautiful magazine bride, not a frumpy, overweight bride that everyone humours by telling her she looks good.

I want to be fit and healthy and happy!
My 1st mini-goal:
127.4 kgs- $50 to spend at Lush!
jessica-rae

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:29 am

You will fulfil all of your above dreams Jessica. Just look at what you've done already!!!

Keep going, you'll get there and will be a magazine bride and when you are, we want pictures :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:23 am

Hi Jessica We all share a common goal no matter what size to get healthy . U have done excellent work do far . God going u will reach your goals in no time
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby sassi » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:52 am

sounds like you're already on the right track :)

i'm looking forward to reading about your progress!
sassi

Postby Mandie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:31 pm

Jess - you CAN do this! You will be a beautiful bride :)

I used to weigh a bit more than you and I managed to lose a lot, now I'm just working on the rest :) So it is possible, trust me!

Best of luck!
Mandie

Postby ellecee » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi Jessica, - nice to meet you :)

You can do this! Ive a lot to lose and Im doing the 5kg mini goals too... sat down with hubby to work out some rewards yesterday *eyeing his wallet lol.

Keep on with what you're doing and not only will you have your dream wedding dress/day but a great healthy lifestyle.
I look forward to sharing progress ... all the best!
:)
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:38 am

Hi Jessica !

You're doing a tremendous job so far ! Keep it up !

I was one of those "fat frumpy brides" and I know what you mean, when you mentioned the humouring part. When are you getting married ?

If you ever need anything just holla ok ?

Helen
x
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi Jessica - good luck with all your goals. You CAN do this :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby chubbywife79 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi Jessica, I know you can do this! I'm also one of the fat ladies here to.
chubbywife79

Postby JL77 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:59 pm

Hey Jessica, you can do this.. Good luck with it all and remember we are all here to support you
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:02 pm

hI Jessica,
All the best with your journey.. :)
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby jessica-rae » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the boost!

I just want to say though, I'm not losing weight for my wedding. I'm just think if I can't lose weight for the wedding, when can I?

I'm just starting out slowly. I usually don't exercise but I've started doing 1/2 an hour every day.

I usually don't care what I eat (not that I eat terribly badly or a lot, I just don't usually take note of it). So I'm not counting calories just yet, but just thinking about everything I put in my mouth. How long will it take to burn this off? Am I actually hungry or just bored? Is there a healthier alternative?

I am happy to aim to lose 1kg a week and as I am feeling fitter and healthier I'll keep increasing the exercise.

I also find it difficult to get motivation to exercise in this heat! I feel like a beached whale! :lol:

Helen, my wedding is Friday 24th April, 2009. It's 479 days away and just under 69 weeks. Not that I'm counting! :wink: And Helen, please don't take offence at my "frumpy" bride comment. It's just that on a wedding forum, one of the girls who just got married gave me a wake up call. She posted saying "LOSE WEIGHT NOW. DON'T PUT IT OFF" She said she kept putting it off and off until one day it was her wedding and she was so angry that she did nothing about it before hand. It shocked me into doing something!

To be honest, I'm scared sh!tless about making the commitment to lose weight cause I don't want to fail. So thank you all so much for your support.
My 1st mini-goal:
jessica-rae

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:57 pm

[quote="jessica-rae"]
Helen, my wedding is Friday 24th April, 2009. It's 479 days away and just under 69 weeks. Not that I'm counting! :wink: And Helen, please don't take offence at my "frumpy" bride comment. It's just that on a wedding forum, one of the girls who just got married gave me a wake up call. She posted saying "LOSE WEIGHT NOW. DON'T PUT IT OFF" She said she kept putting it off and off until one day it was her wedding and she was so angry that she did nothing about it before hand. It shocked me into doing something!
quote]

No offence taken at all hun ! I was just letting you know that I was one of them and only realised that I should have done something after I saw my pro pics :( The warnings were there from all my family and I chose to ignore them. :( :(

Anyway, it doesnt matter what the reason is for you wanting to lose weight, the point is, that you WANT to do this and you WILL, whatever your motivation be.

Do not be scared about making the committment to lose weight due to failure. If you were to conduct a poll on this forum as to how many times the guys n gals have started to lose weight and then got side tracked you will find that most of us have been there.

A life spend making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. For it is on our failures tehat we base a new and different and better success.

Did that make sense ? :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby lng86 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Welcome to the forum!

You can most definitely do this...

All you need is a bit of courage, determination and will power.

Yell out if you need anything! We are a supportive bunch!!!

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby jessica-rae » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:44 am

A life spend making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. For it is on our failures tehat we base a new and different and better success.

Yep, it definitely made sense. And I'll remember that... not just with weight loss!

Thanks Lauren, I can already see how supportive you all are.

Well, my journey is still going in the right direction after weigh in this week:

LW: 129.4
CW: 128.8
LOSS: 0.6kg

Not great but I'm still lighter than this time last week. Yay! I had a really bad week with headaches and stress, so I lost a lot of motivation.

Hoping to lose 1.4kgs to reach my mini-goal on Monday!
My 1st mini-goal:
jessica-rae

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous