It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Jane's weightloss journey

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jane85 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:53 am

I got the dress! Quite happy with it, a black number from portmans. Its an xl, soooo because I love love love portmans, rather than a weight goal, Im gunna make my first goal to fit into a large. Went to diva and got a cheap matching earring and necklace set, just gotta get some shoes. Next sat before the wedding I'll get someone to take a piccy and put it up. With the money I hav saved on not drinking this week, I got myself a haircut but not sure if I like it or not yet, tis a bit shorter than I would have liked, but it can only get longer :P

Had a friend over for dinner last night. Made chicken skewers and salad...pretty economical by the way, one chicken breast made 3 skewers, but anyways, did end up having three vodka and diet ginger ales, which weren't part of the plan, so gunna go to the beach this morning and walk in the dry sand a little further than usual. Got a ticket to the cricket this afternoon, looking forward to that.

Hope everyones having a good weekend.

Luv Jane
Jane85

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:35 am

Oooo cant wait to see the pics. Sounds like you have the food down to an art form. Getting into a Large awesome. I still havent worked out my major goal and rewards yet. Ive got a couple bu you sound sooo motivated.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Jane85 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:36 am

Yeah the motivation thing is fully spinning me out too, I don't know where it has come from, Im a total quitter, but really I know that I just have to quit quitting and do it this time.

Soooo happy, weighed myself after my first week (I did sneak in a couple of weighs during the week too :P) and I'm down two kilos. It has put me on cloud 9. I'm gunna try try trrryyy not to get on the scales over the next week and hold out tilln next tuesday :P

Any tips food/drink wise for the wedding reception. I'll be able to get to the gym or go for a big walk in the morning, but not sure how Im gunna go with all that food & bevvies that will be there :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEuhBwI/]
[/url]
Jane85

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:38 am

Awesome work Jane ! 2kgs is an excellent achievement, you should be proud :D

As for the wedding, if it were me, I would eat all the salad & vegies and have a small portion of meat. For desert, I'd be having a small serving of fruit, if no fruit, nothing !!!

Ive completely reduced any alcohol, not drinking anything but water and diet beverages. So Im afraid I cant help you out there.

I hope this has helped :?
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby sassi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:45 am

congrats on the loss jane! you're doing a great job!

with the wedding, maybe make sure you avoid eating any canapes/finger food - cos the cals in those sorts of things really sneak up on you! eat moderate portions of other things like your main & entree - if it's not a buffet, then the portions aren't usually huge at receptions so that's a good thing. if it's a buffet, just go up once! (yeah, i'm one to talk there!)

and with the alcohol - maybe still have some if you want it, but stick to wine (preferably red) & make sure you have 1 or 2 glasses of water to each glass?

also, it depends what time of day the wedding is, but make sure you eat properly at brekky & lunch - it's tempted to save the cals but if you go to the wedding hungry, then you're more likely to eat lots!
sassi

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 pm

congrats on the loss! you're doing great :)
Mandie

Postby Jane85 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:42 pm

okies...have to fess up...fell off the wagon big time last night.

Started off brilliantly because luckily the nibblies didn't appeal anyways, however the bubbly and wine and wine and bubbly and beer and bubbly and wine ect called and I am so dissapointed in myself:( I did ok with the food, it was a set menu and I ordered the grilled fish with some steamed veg, and had a small desert, but the booze got the better of me.

I hit he dancefloor big time last night, not sure if that really accounts for much?

Feeling a bit hungover today, but thats my fault. Got back on the wagon and had a steak with salad and an apple for lunch, but gunna get into the cleaning now and vacuume like I've never vacuumed before and work up a sweat.
[/url]
Jane85

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Good on you with the foodies. Dont freak out too much about the booze it happens. We are Human Beings not machines. :D
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Jane85 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 pm

thankies chicky :)
Jane85

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Im sure the dancing and the cleaning will balance everything out ! Well done at the wedding :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:06 pm

:) Welcome,

Woah you've been through alot. I started drinking a fair bit to try and get away from my own thoughts, which to be honest, just put kilo's on me. Still it's a hard habit to break, Mum and I started a money tin for when I pass up the opportunity to drink, or only have 2 drinks. :D It's actually working for me which is helping my weight-loss greatly! Maybe you should give it a go?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress:)

Megan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby Jane85 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

I was actually thinking about doing something along the lines of a money tin, filling it with cash I would have spent at the pub or the bottle-o...it would be scary to see how much money you would save in a short space of time. In two weeks i would have saved 100 bucks easily.

Kitchen = spotless :) woohoo
Jane85

Postby Jane85 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm so happy with myself today...I had booked in to donate blood this afternoon, and when I went in for the checkup thingo before they take your blood, I had my blood pressure taken, which was 119/80. Im not really sure what that means, so I asked the bloke, and he said that 120/80is perfect...I am stoked, because every blood pressure check Ive had for the last 4 yrs has been too high. And also my iron levels were spot on, which was good to know, because they've been a bit on the ow side from time to time. This is probly meaningless to everyone else, but this mini victory has made my week :)

I hope you are all having a good wednesday night, gunna go and visit my mum now :)

Gnite

Luv Jane
[/url]
Jane85

Postby Jane85 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:12 pm

At a bit of a loose end so thought I'd come in here and put in my two cents worth for the day.

Had wicked mondayitus today, it started when I locked my keys in the house, when already running a tad late, broke back into the house to get them, got to work and realised i had only one shoe...censored. Lucky I had a pair of slightly less worky ones in the car that would do for the day. Got thru the day pretty well and stopped in at the gym on the way home and did about a 40 min sesh, mostly on cardio, gunna start doing pump in the next couple of weeks which im looking forward to.

Came home, put all my info into the cal counter and had a pretty good day in that respect and now I find myself at a loose end, so rather than watching telly, Im just cathching up with the washing, ironing, and all that goop which I put to one side on the weekend.

I hope you all had a great weekend, and enjoy the rest of the week, luv Jane.

PS Im the teensyest little bit off the 3kg loss mark...the closest i have been to 85kgs since highschool woohoo!
[/url]
Jane85

Re: Jane's weightloss journey

Postby Jane85 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 am

Thought it would be a good day to check in as today is the end of the first month of my new lifestyle. I've been pretty good most days, except the australia day long weekend, a 36hr apple cider fest...so bad, Im not game to put that all into the calorie counter, but i weighed myself monday morning and I didn't gain, which made me scratch my head a bit.

I weighed myself this morning and in the first month have lost 4kg's, which Im pretty proud of, physically I still can't see any diff, but a few people have started to notice, which has been a huge motivation.

The lower 80's are in reach now woohoo.

Gunna go to work, everyone have a great day.

Luv Jane
[/url]
Jane85

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous