It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

Jane's weightloss journey

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Jane's weightloss journey

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Congrats Jane! 4kg is a great loss over the month.

As to not gaining weight after the cider extravaganza, there seem to be two schools of thought on that one. Some people point out that alcohol has no fat so you can't gain weight on alcohol alone. Others point out that it has carbs and sugar so it does have an impact on your weight loss/gain which is why many popular diets place limits on the amount of alcohol you should drink. From what I've read alcohol is metabolised differently to food since it's processed in the liver and not the stomach. The body will burn the alcohol calories while it's still in the body (before it's urinated, breathed and sweated out) and it will burn those calories before those of food. So it's not really what you drink, it's what you eat while you drink that causes weight gain because that's what's turned into fat. Or something like that. I'd love someone to explain it to me more clearly though as it's a little confusing!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:54 pm

Well done on your Weight Loss :D 4kg is great !!!!!
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Jane85 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:57 am

Hey guys,

haven't done too badly since I last checked in...I blew the cals a bit last night, but nothing too huge, gunna make sure my workout is killer tonight, for some reasons I do bigger workouts on Fridays, just weird.

Gunna try and get thru the weekend without drinking myself stupid, so I'll see how that goes. Arranged with friends saturday to do body jam and sunday to do body combat in the mornings, as an incentive, because combat and hangovers just don't mix :P

Starting to see the weighloss coming of my body which is really cool, because up till now the scales have been going yippee when I get on them, but none of my clothes have felt looser and I look the same in the mirror, but Im starting to notice a few changes physically, which has made me want to keep going.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend :)

Luv jane
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEuhBwI/]
[/url]
Jane85

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Ooooh someone else who does the lesmils classes. Im in love with body balance!!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Jane85 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:39 pm

i love them too Yoyo :)

I've been doing combat regularly for about two yrs and am getting back into balance and jam....balance feels so good hey!

I did pump for the first time last night. Ouch. I loved it though, gunna do it again next friday. Did jam this morning which is just fun and different and combat tomorrow woohoo.

Didnt overdo the dirnking last night, had a premixer of bundy, never again, it was a treat for myself, but I felt sick for ages after it, just too sickly, and had a jack and zero coke which was all :)

Hope youre all having a good weekend, gotta get motivated to do the cleaning today bleh.

Luv Jane
[/url]
Jane85

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:48 am

I dont like the new Jam track its way over my head but ooooh I'm in love with the new Balance and Pump tracks, Ive never done combat my gym doesnt have it either but It does have attack I am going to give that a go sometime this week.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Jane85 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:08 pm

Ooooh I hear attack is full on, but a really good workout...hope you enjoy it :)

My body is so tired today, gunna put some chlorine in the spa and sit in there for a way long time this afternoon, worked really hard this week, and have taken my total weightloss up to 6kgs, must update my ticker :P
[/url]
Jane85

Postby Jane85 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 pm

Thought I better have a check in, coz I haven't written in a few days.

Went down south (Mandurah for all the perthies:P )over the weekend with two of my girlfriends which was a really nice escape. Had only 5 drinks over the weekend, which I kinda half budgeted for hehe, and steered clear of the packets of chips that were floating around (rather proud). Went for a big walk in the beautiful sun when I got back which just finished it off nicely.

Weight wise I have been hovering for a week or so between a 6 and 7kg total loss, havent gained anything though which is good. I started a zero booze for 7 days pledge last night to see if I can crack the 7kg loss mark clearly. But really booze isnt as much of a hurdle as I had made it out to be in my head, Im saving cash and having so many more productive days that I am finding it really easy to say no.

I have decided Im not a rpm fan, did that cycle class once and had the sorest bum for ages afterwards, sticking to combat, pump and jam for the time being, thinking of giving attack a go...any thoughts on attack?

Hope you are all going really good :)

Luv Jane
[/url]
Jane85

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:03 am

Hey Jane

Good luck with the Pledge I know it will be hard but well worth it. And good job for staying away from the chips they are my big fall as well. :D Looking forward to seeing your results :)
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby ellecee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Hiya Jane,
Hope you're having a great week.
I went along to the gym thinking I was going to Balance but it was the Pump class....really liked it.. the instructor was crazy fun lol. My hubby does RPM and he said I wouldnt really be a fan lol. hmmm I'll take his advice and not worry bout it for now. We have a Recumbent bike at home so happy with that, better on the butt and back for me.
Ive not tried Attack but it does sound like a lot of fun. Let us know how it goes if/when you do try it.
take care, LC
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby Mandie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:11 am

good luck with the pledge! i dont like rpm either.. bike seats are not for me!

i've done body attack - it was my favourite class! but now because of the timing i hardly ever get to it. it's VERY aerobically challenging - you can do lower impact options but you are MOVING MOVING MOVING the whole time and it is totally exhausting, but i loved it! the choreography is simple, and theres running and push ups and yeah.. fun fun! if you're up for a challenge, give it a go - prepare to be addicted!
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi Jane - sounds like you had a great weekend away with the girls and well done on being so strong :)

I love Body Attack - it's probably my fave of the Les Mills classes. I only do it once in a while. But it gets easier every time you do it because the choreography is the same week in, week out until they change it about every three months. And it doesn't matter where you stand, you're guaranteed to be at the front of the class for even a minute or two... cos they always do a bit where you have to spin around. But don't worry - half the people muck it up with you :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby big_love » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:25 pm

hey Jane,

Sounds like you are doing really great so far. Congrats on the loss! Your exercise classes sound really fun...I haven't been game enough to join anything yet...I know I shouldn't wait, but Im too embarressed to go looking like this...anywhoo...just wanted to say hi, and I think you are going great :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Jane85 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Hey guys,

Im looking after my nephew for a bit tonight - I just checked on him and he's asleep with his little bum poking soo high in the air and its too cute - you so wouldnt think it was the same rascal that was screaming the house down for a bottle at stupid o clock this morning :(

Thanks for the messages you have left throughout the week, it is really good to come and have a read...had a not so crash hot food day today and the messages made me feel better :)

I was driving home from work and all of a sudden i found myself at the chicken treat drivethru ordering a hot and spicy wrap...wtf!? I dont think I even tasted it but have had this rotten heavy feeling in my stomach all evening, did 35min of cardio at the gym after that little episode but gunna go hard core at combat tomorrow.

Have decided that there is a launch for attack coming up within the next couple of weeks at my gym, so gunna go when they introduce the new one, so everyones kinda in the same boat. Have become a total pump addict over the last two weeks or so and have started being able to lift heavier weights. The instructor is a total psyco, but it gets me so amped to put in a good class that I feel awesome afterwards. And yeah ohmygod the gym timetables...so true! They are so rubbish sometimes grrrrr.

Okies, gunna go and have a cruise around the forums, everyone enjoy whats left of monday and have a fab day tomorrow.

Apologies for my typingdrool above, theres just so much thoughts running thru my head today and I cant get them thru my fingers and onto the screen quick enough :P

Catch ya

Jane
[/url]
Jane85

Postby Jane85 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been on here much over the last week or so...had a lot happening...had my mobile nicked last week, grrrr hate people with sticky fingers and went to buy a new one and lost my bankcard - cancelled that straight off, but still waiting for another one in the post. The olds are looking now at selling their place, which Im living in at the moment with dad, so started gettig my act together and chucking stuff out and organising myself a bit - the place has like 20yrs of junk so sort out :(

but on a happier note, I thought that Id come and share a little milestone that I had this morning...got home from the gym and weighed myself and ohmygod I've finally lost 10kgs...so stoked, I haven't been so good with food...mostly good stuff, but just a lot of it, but have done pretty well with low booze intake and have really amped up the excercise factor and I've lost the first ten - about a third of the way to my goal. Gunna really focus on the food this week, coz the rest is going to plan - starting to feel like excercise is part of my day to day routine so dont get fed up with it so much and have found some classes at the gym which I look forward to.

Gunna take some progress shots shortly - my sis is due home any time, so Ill get her to give me a hand :)

Hope you guys are all having a great weekend :)

Luv Jane
Jane85

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous