It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Help me change my Life !

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Help me change my Life !

Postby Skinny Mandy Moo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi Guys,
My name is Mandy and I am new here. This forum is so great there are so many things to read and so many people here encouraging others with their weight loss journey.
I am 21 years old and in the past 18 months have put on 30kg. I was always the fat kid growing up but a few years ago got so extreme about losing weight that I would go 4-5 days without eatting at all. In 2 months I lost about 26kg. As stupid as it all was I was happy with myself, even though staving yourself is very dangerous and can ruin your health. So now 18 months on I have pilled a massive 30kg on and currently weight in just over 100kg. I am so disgused in myself. So I am here today because I want to lose weight and I want to do it the right way. My goal weight is 65kg so I have a long way to go. I have recently joined th gym so now all I need is the motivation to go. Hopefully with a strict diet and exercise I can change my life. If any body has any tips to share with me I am open to all ideas, I need all the help I can get!

Skinny Mandy Moo

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:40 pm

hi :)

i started with cutting out lollies/choc/chips/softdrink/takeaway :) and lost about 3kgs right up ha ha

now i eat more salads and oh smaller servings :)

also drinking water makes u less hungry AND its better for you.

calorie king website helps with adding of calories and also was a great start for me.

and recording your food intake and exercise can be a great motivator :)

but we ar all here doing the same thing, and are happy to offer advice when needed :)

hope you find your stay here inviting :)

good luck

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Mandy and welcome :D

As you have learnt starving yourself is never the solution. You know what amazed me in this whole weight loss journey is that eating helps to lose weight.

Frequent healthy small meals and consistent exercise is the key to weight loss.

Also I would suggest that you don't consider this a 'diet' make it a healthy lifestyle change. Because diets have a beginning and an end with the underlying result being gaining weight once your of the diet because the healthy eating and exercise hasn't been incorporated for life.

Also being too strict on your diet will also result in failure because you've already banned a whole list of foods that you aren't allowed to eat and most probably will crave and binge (well that's what I've found). Counting cals has worked a treat because nothing is a sin as long as you count what you eat and make sure you don't eat the 'not everyday food' everyday you will be guaranteed to lose the weight.

There are many inspiring people on this forum and you'll definitely reach your goal.

Good luck to you.

Bella :)
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi Mandy,

You've been offered some great advice above.

Best of luck, see ya round the forum :)

Postby lng86 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Welcome to the forum! And best wishes on your weight loss journey.

Bella and Rachel have both offered you some great advice! Yell out if you need anything, though.

Good luck!

To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi Mandy,

Welcome to the forum :)

You've got some great advice there already ! IF you need anything just holla !

SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Welcome to the forums Mandy and good luck in your journey
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous