It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Hannah's Journey

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Hannah's Journey

Postby Hannah » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:02 am

Rightio then.

I thought this might be useful as a kind of venting/diary type thing.

Just recently I've had a massive influx of weight, which was really quite confusing for myself and my doctor as I've always had quite an active lifestyle and a relatively healthy diet.

After a myriad of tests and whanot it turns out I'm insulin resistant and am very close to becoming a type 2 diabetic, I also have endometriosis (which I've known about since I was 13/14) and I'm not sure if that has somewhat hindered the process, especially since I've had a change in medication to deal with it in the same 18month span.

So right now I have implanon in my arm to deal with my endometriosis which I'm finding to be much more useful than previous results with various pills and the depo injection. I've also been put on Reductil 15mg to 'boost' my weightloss a little.

As of Oct/Nov I was at my highest weight to date at 106kgs, since then we've discovered the insulin resistance etc and I've started reductil, and I've managed to lose 3kg. My goal weight is 70kgs, so I still have a long way to go.

My boyfriend and I just bought a treadmill over Christmas (I love New Years sales) and I am finding it to be a massive motivator and am hoping that it will boost me just that little bit extra.

Right now my daily exercise goal is to do at least 30 minutes on the treadmill a day, which equates to about 3km. I'm hoping by next week I will be doing an hours worth a day as I will be breaking it up into three 20-minute increments. I don't want to weigh myself again until next Friday, so I can give myself a week to really put the effort into using the treadmill and see if it yeilds any results.

I will be making an appointment to see my doctor in a fortnight so it will have been roughtly six weeks since we last saw each other which is when she increased my Reductil from 10mg to the 15mg dosage so I would really like to have some more results to show her. Last time she weighed me I was at 104kgs, so I know I will have at least 1kg loss to show her.

Just have to keep it up. So we'll see how that goes.

Apologies for the extensively long post.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5AxGDe/]
[/url]
Hannah

Postby Mandie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks for sharing that with us Hannah. WIth medical problems, life can be a little bit more challenging, but with the right tools in place you CAN lose the weight - sounds like you've been going well with the treadmill! Keep up the great work :)
Mandie

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:33 am

Hi Hannah, welcome to the forum!

I too had an implanon for my endo and i put on nearly 20 kilos in the 6 months after getting it... it made my period pain 100 times worse too, however it can be really useful for some people :) i hope it works for you!!

good luck with your new treadmill! i want a treadmill :P
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:38 am

It sounds like you have a lot of challenges to "overcome" but you sound really focused and on top of what is happening with your body. I really think that that is key! Good luck! I look forward to reading your progress... and never apologise for posting long posts!!
Gal Friday

Postby ellecee » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi Hannah,

welcome :) and all the best with the meds/drs..wtg on your new treadmill.. you sound very motivated - great stuff !
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby Hannah » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:37 am

Thanks for the positivity everyone :)

This past week has been a bit hectic. Work has been ridiculously busy so I've been doing more 9hour days in the office, and the weather here has been ridiculous, I'm used to a certain amount of heat, but the fluctuations of being horribly muggy one day to overcast and cold the next is really messing with my body. One of the girls at work has a cold, it's just stupid.

It has made working out a little harder, as I find the heat can really drain some of your energy and trying to sweat it out for an hour or so on the treadmill becomes a bit of a challenge.

Still it's been a really good week, I just weighed myself for the first time in a week and after using the treadmill for a steady week since we've gotten it and everything, I've managed to lose 3kgs. Which has made me feel amazing. I'm so close to being back under 100kgs now which just makes me feel so much more motivated.

To top it off, Big W were having a sale and have a cross trainer/elliptical on sale for $298 so we put that on lay-by last night and hopefully can take it off in a fortnight with our next pay, so I can add some variety to my work out especially when my knees/ankles are getting tired from the treadmill.

The only downside to losing the weight is that it can mess up my implanon sometimes, and it's caused me to have my period (second time it's happened since I've started reductil/losing weight) which has made me feel rather crap for the past week and I expected it would hinder my results but it doesn't seem to have effected them too much.. just made exercising a little more of a challenge, but even on my worst days I still managed to get through a 15-20minute workout on the treadmill so anything is better than nothing.

I can't wait to tell my mum, her and my dad have been rather worried about my health since the insulin resistance/diabetes issue came into play and I think they'll be ecstatic to hear my results for this week.

Now I just have to keep it up, although at this point I don't see that being too hard, I'm on an amazing high right now :)

So yep that's my update for this week :-D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5AxGDe/]
[/url]
Hannah

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:58 am

Well done Hannah! 3kgs in one week truly is amazing :o :D

No wonder you're on a high, I would be too!

Congrats for all your hard work the last week, it has certainly paid off. Sorry to hear about your period being a little all over the shop but well done for doing a bit of exercise anyway!

And very exciting about the x trainer, I want one :P
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby JL77 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Wow 3kgs, thats fantastic. Well Done !!!!
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous