It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:34 am

Free Newsletter

christine is going to be skinnier than her sister

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

christine is going to be skinnier than her sister

Postby christinehaenow » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:05 am

hi everyone,
i want to lose about 20 kilos before next year am i being unrealistic?
my mother in law she has inspired me to lose weight she lost 20 kilos in a year i am so proud of her!
she has given me the rest of her supply of meal replacement it is so moresome but she told me to just have one scoop instead of the recommended 2. has anyone had a meal replacement that you wish you could have more of?
well this one is like that but i am restricting myself to one a day but i have discovered if i blend it and put ice in as well it gives 3 glasses so lasts all day
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwIbnS1/]
[/url]
christinehaenow

Postby christinehaenow » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:10 am

i have been writing down all the food i have been consuming along with the fat and calories i am trying to have 1000- 1200 calories a day but i seem to be having around 900 calories should i be adding another meal replacement to up my calorie intake? or should i add another 3 bananas to my intake
[/url]
christinehaenow

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:59 am

Yeah you do need to eat a fair bit more than that. The reason for this is that your metabolism will slow as your body wants to adjust for your survival. You'll lose muscle and water instead of fat, and then the weight-loss will pretty much stop when your body has adjusted to its new minimal amount of calories.

This also means that if you have any naughty days, or stop trying to lose weight, that you're much more likely to put it back on because your body's new basal metabolic rate is really low and very easy to exceed.

The best approach would be to reduce your calories some, but not quite so much, and keep an adequate intake of complex carbohydrates - and protein, which is probably in your meal replacements. Also, cardio! Don't forget your exercise, this is what will burn your fat.

:) Oh! and it is definately realistic to lose 20kg in a year.

Megan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby christinehaenow » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:39 am

alright kids are fed and drinks prepared
pram sprayed for spiders tis the season for them
finally feel comfortable in my new pants (they have elastic but elastic must kick in after pants have stretched)
sunscreen on
ready for my usual walk around the main road which will take me around the block just have to walk faster
any other ideas for raising my metabolic rate
[/url]
christinehaenow

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:33 pm

20kgs is definitely realistic ! I am aiming for 46.5kgs !

You can and WILL do this !

How did your walk go ?
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby christinehaenow » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:50 pm

i left home at 10:30 (kids had to to go to the toilet)
walked past my mother in laws house (she lives 5 minutes walk away)
my three year old told me he just had to see nanna (knew i should have gone the other way)
finally able to leave her house at 11:15 as i was asked to help move a wardrobe. got back to my street at 12:15 then walked 15 minutes to the shops to get 3 yr old ice cream.
i am so proud of myself i didn't have one single lick even when it started dripping(so have to squirt pram when 2 yr old wakes up)
so all up have walked 6 kms on purpose today
don't ask me how many steps as i ran at one stage and my pedometre fell and broke and now doesn't count steps
christinehaenow

Postby christinehaenow » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:52 pm

i have been going through these recipe books (i love to cook different things) called symply too good to be true anyone else have them? anyway i have found a wicked chocolate cake recipe this cake looks so scrummy if i have been good enough i am going to make it for my little boy's 4th birthday in feb just have to make sure more than 10 people are coming (it serves 10) with icing it is 214 calories ang 4.4g fat so i think i will aim for 16 people to come so that people are only consuming 133.75 calories and 2.75g fat why 16 people you ask so that it is cut in equal portions.
i have just gone into the freezer to get myself a muffin (105.42 calories and .6g fat) and hubby has taken the whole 12 to work!
i am so looking forward to his birthday first time i will eat something naughty (i'm calling the cake naughty as it contains butter just don't tell my mother in law it contains butter)[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwIbnS1/]
[/url]
christinehaenow

Postby christinehaenow » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:48 pm

i don't feel like eating that is my problem (maybe i used to eat too much chocolate that's why i'm fat) i still get cravings like a pie for the local bakery but i'm happy to just buy it for the kids and smell it. so yesterday i had my dinner and added my calories and discovered i had to find an extra 400 calories (i'm trying my hardest to have 1200 calories) because my husband didn't find dinner to look that appealing only because the kids didn't like because they are fussy eaters. i told my husband i would eat his and then eat fruit i had 3 spoonfuls of the dinner and was full but i perservered and ate the whole 110 calories so i had all up 6 serves of vegetables and 220 calories for dinner NEVER AGAIN WILL I OFFER TO EAT HIS DINNER!!!!! i felt so full that i thought i would puke and i still had to find room for the intended fruit that would bring my calories to the intended 1200.
christinehaenow

Postby christinehaenow » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:03 pm

I have upped the scoops in the meal replacement today so i had 347 calories for breakfast but i then went for a 5km walk with the kids i was getting into a good rhythm and pushed the pram to fast the pram hit the kerb and tipped my four year old now has a fat lip but even after consoling him and carrying his 15kg body 2kms home and pushing the double three wheel pram home. I BEAT MY TIME I DID IT IN AN HOUR!!!!!!!!!!! 15 minutes less than it usually takes to walk the 5 km :D
christinehaenow

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Dropped the pedometer, then dropped the kid :lol: hehe. Well done with all that excercise, keep it up! :D
SarahC

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Excellent achievement !!!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby JL77 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Well done, thats a great achievment. Keep up the excellent work
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby christinehaenow » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:46 pm

because yesterday was saturday i left the kids with the diet destroyer so i could go for my walk i decided that i would go for a walk along the beach i enjoyed it so much that walked 10.5kms!!!! how do i know this? there is a bike path that you walk along that is 10kms that has markers on the path and when i went off the beach to see where i was it said 5.25kms on the path. i got home and they didn't even miss me. i might go again today just not for as long
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZesU06/]
christinehaenow

Postby christinehaenow » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:53 pm

went for breakfast at the in laws my mother in law wasn't happy when i told her i wasn't having the sausages, yolk out of the egg and only i piece of bacon. thing is they don't eat the breakfast they have subway when getting the paper before we come so we are expected to eat all this food, diet destroyer is even starting to say can't we just have cereal as he is tired of eating so much i'm asking for a fruit platter next week
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZesU06/]
christinehaenow

Postby opal630 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Hey, sounds like you're doing really well with the exercise. Good on your for resisting most of that greasy breakfast.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous