It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:31 am

Free Newsletter

Fireball's story - I am

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Fireball's story - I am

Postby Fireball » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:58 pm

This year I will do it.
I will challenge why I have wasted so much time and emotional energy thinking about what I should or shouldnt eat, feeling bad about it, then putting on another kg, again.
I will do what is important to me.
I will define me.
So this year I am.

I still think of myself as normal weight until I start puffing walking up stairs, see a photo of myself or feel my joints are cramping up. I used to think, "I can't believe a person would let themself go like that!" and now I'm heavier than the people I used to look at! :shock: :oops:

about 1979 I weighed 56kg and felt physically great and my younger (I now realise jealous) sister said - "Are you anorexic?"
I have been putting on weight for 29 years and yet it is a shock to me, I never dreamed this would happen to me. Slowly it crept up on me, like the cat upon the mouse ... 20 years ago I was in pretty good shape although the pattern of weight gain each year was set. why? oh why? :twisted:

Some people think that people who are overweight are lazy and unmotivated. That definitely does not describe me. Physically I'm not fit. But I have so much motivation, I will at the drop of a hat drive 15km for a nice Chinese takeaway. I race around a lot so I can easy eat 8500- 9000 kJ and still lose weight, without an exercise program, that is just normal living.

I do owe a debt to all the fantastic people on this forum. You make me feel positive, cared about and you give such good advice and information. Thanks to You, I really do feel empowered.

Now if I can just get my act together ------ I am

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:06 pm

You Are :D :!:

You can do this. Reading what you wrote, it sounds like you've had the moment where it's finally clicked. You are worth it and you will achieve your dreams :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Good on you Fireball. I'm sure this is going to be your year for weight loss. It sounds like you a really determined. Yay you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ellecee » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:06 am

You made me want to read your post a few times...wonderfully determined...and with that determination you will surely succeed.
All the best to you!!
LC :)
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:23 am

Stats to make me think: :shock:
I only weighed about 68 kg when I was 9 months pregnant! At my heaviest I got to 47 kg more than that. I am currently 44+ kg more than that. OMG
My adult son only weighs 62kg.
My stomach is nearly twice the cm that it was when I was 28.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby jess_jess » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:47 am

Fireball, 2008 is our year to reclaim our bodies! good luck i'll be struggluing along with you but we CAN do it!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVqTvk/]
[/url]
jess_jess

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:26 am

You can do this fireball!

I can't wait to follow all your great progress :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:31 am

You Are ... Going to do this
You Are ... Determined to change
You WILL ... Succeed !

I look forward to sharing your journey with you Fireball :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Thanks for your encouragement. i am really determined. It is important for me but also my daughter who in her 20s is already obese. :( I need to learn how to do it so I can help her avoid the long term problem too if possible.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

The movies - danger zone

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Hey. My husband, adult son and I went to see I Legend tonight - we enjoyed it.
But the movies is a particular horror for me - I always binge. I usually tell myself that I don't go often blah blah blah. Sound familiar? But I have decided I mean it I am going to lose this weight.
My husband had - large coke, twisties and choctop. Ooooh I love the choc top & the twisties. Can't drink coke at night anyway because the caffeine keeps me up all night.
My son had - 2 choc tops and maltesers. Ooooh I love Maltesers too.
I had - 1 Slurpy/slushy That's it.
I am proud of myself. Yes. I am going to lose this weight.
This has reinforced to me that if you plan it you can succeed. The slushy kept me busy for ages & filled me up - I didn't even miss the other stuff.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

I'm carrying my dog! What are you carrying around?

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:09 pm

My dog is an Anatolian Shepherd. She is quite tall and weighs 35 kg. My excess weight is 50kg. So I am carrying around in extra weight, my dog + 4 chihuahuas or 1 cocker spaniel. That is crazy - no wonder my legs and feet are often painful. :twisted:

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:56 am

Well done on the movies Fireball ! That's an excellent achievement :)

Could you and your daughter do this together ? That way you're both helping and supporting eachother, instead of doing this by yourself.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby sassi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:44 am

you will totally nail this fireball - you sound sooooo determined.

changes like what you ate (or rather, didn't eat!!) last night at the movies are gonna make all the difference!

you WILL achieve your goals :D
sassi

Postby Fireball » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Thanks you for your encouragement. I feel quite dependent on this forum to keep motivated. Reading your threads helps me too!

My daughter lives in the country. Her husband and her lost a heap of weight a few years back but she put most of it on after her first baby - had depression, with good reason too - some really serious issues but I wont go into that here. They have just had a new baby and are both aiming to get healthier together this year. I still feel it is importnat for me to set a good example to her is becasue being her mum, if she sees I am successful I think she will have a lot more confidence in her ability to lose the weight and keep it off.

My husband is over weight but he doesnt even want to discuss it. He skips meals & binges. When its his turn to cook he often makes huge & very fattening meals for us both. One of the many things I need to learn to deal with. We both used to smoke and I quit while he kept smoking - he quit years later. I intend to do the same with my weight. If I set up a healthier lifestyle he can join me when he feels like it. In the mean time, I dont nag him. When I cook I give him healthy meals but I dont force things on him, eg. he wants his bread rolls with butter on top & bottom, I do that for him because it is his right to choose how he wants to eat his food.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Mummyof3 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Hi fireball, i bet you will are already a good example for your daughter, i wish you all the best with the healthier lifestyle overall, I wish you well with all your goals..

Good going at the movies, :wink: I just love the ice-cream at the movies, awww yum, but good on you, you made a good choice that you didn't end up regretting in the end,
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous