Free Newsletter

Fireball's story - I am

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fireball's story - I am

Postby Fireball » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:35 am

LW:111.5
CW: 112.5

Well I tried not Calorie counting and my experiment didnt work that well resulting in a 1 kg gain. :lol:

What I learnt this week. I'm not perturbed which is great as previously I would have gone into a tail spin and crashed.

I did binge once - grrr those charity boxes and vending machines - i had twisties & a bag of mixed lollies hmm yummy. Oops I mean that is really bad. Well since my binge I have made a committment I will not purchase anything from the vending machines or charity boxes at work as I don't have the will power to buy them sometimes and then not binge on other occassions.

I attended my son-in-laws birthday party. I overestimated how much I could eat given that it took two exhausting hours in the sun (~ 37 degrees) setting up our new tent. In future I will think through quantities of exercise undertaken & food consumed to balance my needs when I am not in my normal routine.

I feel very positive about my capacity to lose weight this year. I am excited.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:13 am

All that you've learnt this week to help you on your way far outweighs the gain - that is fantastic!

I'm the same with calorie counting, I didn't count for 2 weeks and gained as well - I guess we just don't realise how much it all adds up!

I'm sure this time next week you will have a wonderful loss to report :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby sassi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:46 am

i agree with fiona!

so much of the journey is about trial & error and working out what will work for you for a long term lifestyle change :)

i'm loving the positive attitude :D
sassi

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:55 am

Ditto Fiona & Sassi !

Congrats on your accomplishments :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Fireball » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:53 pm

It is nearing the end of the year and I have put on weight again. One of my problems is that I get busy and forget about my health/diet/exercise. I even forgot that I had started this thread :shock:

I read my posts. I was so determined. So much drive. I impressed myself. Fortunately thanks to people on this forum I have realised what I am doing and it's not too late. I will lose weight this year. I am determined. I encourage anyone who has been having a rough time of it to set a goal for before the end of the year and get stuck into it. Make yourself a winner this year.
I am

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 am

Well i'm pretty well recovered from my bout of bronchitis, the whether is fine (it's only when the whether gets sunny and warm I realise the winter dull days are a bit depressing) and I've lost a bit of weight. So I'm feeling good. Today I was thinking, in my head there is a sort of "ideal me" and "ideal lifestyle". I don't mean "what could I be like if I was perfect." I don't mean "what would my lifestyle be like if I won a kazillion dollars." I mean things are a bit different than how I would like them to be but potentially do-able, eg. I swear and talk slang more than I like. I don't need to be 50kg overweight. I want to get fit instead of puffing when I walk. My house is a mess so I don't like having people come to visit. I'm always snowed under with work so I must be disorganised.

I always think, make a few changes here and there and then over a period of time they become habits and Volia - Life will be how I want it. I decided this doesn't work for me. Once and for all, I need to just change things. I need to identify the problems, possible solutions and do it. Like most people, I'm being a bit too much of a victim. It is easy to blame other people for what goes wrong in your life. So I plan to be more accountable and take more control over my life. [/color] Today I discussed with my husband somes pretty drastic changes I wanted to make with our office layout. He approved but was then shocked I brought crates home, packed materials in our shed and carted them in for us to consider which to dispose of, or send to the office. I also commenced digging up our front garden. (We keep discussing what we are going to do but never quite agree so nothing happens). I figure doing these things are good exercise too so will help me along the road with my weightloss.

As for my weightloss, every year I put on weight and I am sick of it. I'm hoping to get down to ~ 105kg by the new year. I worked out today, I weighed about 104 in 2002 so if I can get close to this by the end of the year it would be a real achievement and very motivating.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby tania2573 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 am

Congrats on your loss so far.Keep at it you will get your goal. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Fireball » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:42 pm

I do want to share about yesterday, in the afternoon I got the munchies, Bad. I was stressed and felt so tempted to purchase junk food, all those vending machines & charity boxes, just a few metres away. I could almost hear the chips crisping and the soft drink fizzing. We usually have some fruit in the fridge but were out. I fought the temptation, and tried to distract myself; about then is when I usually give in. Instead, I drove to the supermarket and stocked up on fruit. I am so proud of myself.

Today I've stuck to my meal plan, worked in my garden, took my old dog for a mini walk and I'm feeling great.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby ali76 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:33 pm

Well done hun!

I think being able to be proud of yourself - for whatever reason - is such a powerful tool...and you should be proud! You took the hard but healthy way...every time you do this, the easier it will get and yes...it will become habit.

I'm proud of you too!!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby chucky » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:14 pm

Fireball wrote:I do want to share about yesterday, in the afternoon I got the munchies, Bad. I was stressed and felt so tempted to purchase junk food, all those vending machines & charity boxes, just a few metres away. I could almost hear the chips crisping and the soft drink fizzing. We usually have some fruit in the fridge but were out. I fought the temptation, and tried to distract myself; about then is when I usually give in. Instead, I drove to the supermarket and stocked up on fruit. I am so proud of myself.

Today I've stuck to my meal plan, worked in my garden, took my old dog for a mini walk and I'm feeling great.

That is FANTASTIC and you should very well be proud of yourself :D :D :D what a great achievemnt... Well done, reading stories like this really encourages me... :!:
MELANIE

13/10/08 - 88KG
GW: 70KG
chucky

Postby Czarina » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Fireball wrote:I do want to share about yesterday, in the afternoon I got the munchies, Bad. I was stressed and felt so tempted to purchase junk food, all those vending machines & charity boxes, just a few metres away. I could almost hear the chips crisping and the soft drink fizzing. We usually have some fruit in the fridge but were out. I fought the temptation, and tried to distract myself; about then is when I usually give in. Instead, I drove to the supermarket and stocked up on fruit. I am so proud of myself.

Good stuff! It's that great feeling that we need to remember and focus on when we are thinking of giving into temptation. :)
Czarina

Postby Fireball » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:01 am

I've had a great week. I am finding my new gaol to lose more weight than I would usually try, i.e. 2 kg in a week very motivating. I know that if I slack a bit I will not lose that much so it really kept me on track.

I'm down to 113kg. :mrgreen:

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:22 am

I've been going so well. Last night I weighed, excellent. On track. I got up and weighed horror :shock: I put on a kilo. I have stuck to my diet. Even though it was a hotter night and I felt exhausted I worked in my garden. So I think it is fluid retention in response to the warmer weather. I told my self "don't worry", in a few days that will drop off. But despite this... we went shoppng, my husband bought a huge variety of snacks. And what did I do? :( I can't believe it. Biscuits, caramel cheesecake, donut. I'm pleased I didn't full on binge mainly having smallish portions but I did have a lot of biscuits and blew my kJ. :roll: Oh well back on the wagon. I will need extra exercise and care with my diet. I hope I can still reach my goal this week...

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:38 am

The important thing is getting back on the wagon, not whether you fell off or not. I admire your determination! You've definitely got the right attitude to lose that weight for good. And don't worry about the slight weight gain. I'm sure you're right and it's just water. I always gain about a kilo when the weather heats up.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fireball » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:13 am

Well all my good intentions went out the door. I lost 0. :oops: I weigh the same as last year :oops:
I felt depressed but then thought chin up, I weigh the same and that means ...
:lol: I didn't put on any weight last year :lol: an historical achievement for me :lol:

I have underestimated the amount that health issues are affecting my ability to exercise. I intent to visit my physio & podiatrist ASAP to sort out leg/hip/back pains.

My sister & I both have health issues. I have to lose weight and she has to quit smoking. We both are finding it too hard. So, we made an agreement - I have to lose 10kg, then she has to give up smoking.
The rationale - This will motivate me to try hard to lose weight because she will then have to give up smoking. [And she isnt ready to quit right now anyway.] If I am successful in losing the weight, she will feel too guilty to keep smoking so that will motivate her. lol We'll see how it goes.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous