It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:30 am

Free Newsletter

Fireball's story - I am

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fireball's story - I am

Postby Fireball » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:10 am

Start weight 2009 : 115 kg
This year I am having 4 Quarterly goals....
1st Quarter 31/03/09: aim 105 kg

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:34 am

I lost 1/2 kg this week so now 114.5 kg. I am happy with that - having held an Xmas party here last Monday and my dog underwent cancer surgery which has been very traumatic. [we are happy she is coming home tomorrow and hopefully ok. We'll just have to wait and see how it works out in the long term.]

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Czarina » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:59 am

Well done on the loss and I hope your doggy is alright.
Czarina

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:11 am

I 've put on 1 kg now 115.5kg start weight this year was 115kg. Very depressing.

What are my issues?
I really need to deal with my thinking.
I haven't been sleeping well - maybe being tired leads to poorer decisions too.
I've been under a lot of stress, and I eat when I'm stressed ...
I haven't been exercising much so I ahve put together a walking program

So this week I will:
* follow my walking program
* aim to get a minimum of 8 hours sleep a night
* deal with my stressors

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby warriorsgirl » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi Fireball

Just thought I'd mention that I think the goals you are setting yourself are very good.
I have trouble each week trying to set my goals, and end up wif sumthing silly, so far it's been the same each week, trying to get in 5days of exercise...
Good Luck, and I hope your puppy is a lot better.
warriorsgirl

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

114.5kg lost the 1kg I had put on so now I'm back to where I was 2 weeks ago.
I have copied this from another thread because this is a useful summary for me
I feel for you. Your situation describes my story last year exactly so I hope this may help you...
I work long hours, grab fast food as it's quick and I Iove it. I also have lots of vending machines and charity boxes within metres of my office - all too easy. I felt out of control and frustrated.I made the decision that I am going to do it - assess what is wrong, your motivation, and start introducing new habits.

First, what is out of balance? [This has been a real challenge for me to recognise and admit to myself! I'm used to being Superwoman]Your issues may well be different than mine but this may give you some ideas.
1. My hours are excessively long & often 7 days a week.I cant keep this up. (although I've been doing it for years now)
2. I am sleep deprived, often getting 3 or less hours. This is serious because: I'm probably not that efficient as I'm too tired and lack of sleep leads to hormonal imbalance which impairs the judgement of when to stop eating!
3. I am stressed out. When I'm stressed, I eat. I think this is in part to settle the butterflies in the pit of the stomach and partly procrastinating when dealing with particularly stressful tasks.

My motivation? Identify what will motivate you - be creative.
I could never commit to my rewards. I lack self discipline. Recently sister visited and we discussed our concerns about each others' health. My sister at 53 had a heart attack but still smokes. I am morbidly obese and don't lose weight. We agree it is crazy , irresponsible. But we dont change. We did a deal. I lose 10kg then she will quit smoking. (She's not ready right now anyway) She stays off the smokes and I keep losing weight. We both aim to get fit. The strange thing is we both feel like maybe we can do it for each other as we are worried about each other, even though we can't do it for ourself.

My plan Attack the issues head on.
- I am undertaking tasks which aren't my primary responsibility so I am determined to increasingly delegate. This is a stretch for me; I always feel other people stuff things up so it's just as easy to do it myself. I've got to change this.
- I am building up to 8 hours a night sleep. This is difficult for me as in my whole adult life I have been an insomniac and used it to my benefit. I've only had a patch of about a month of "reasonable sleep" since I was an adolescent. Over a period of time I aim to slowly increase my sleep hours until I find what I need to wake up naturally feeling refreshed. [That sounds like a dream to me right now. I have difficulty imagining it. but hope it will happen ]
- I plan my routine. Initially food but I will add exercise soon. Eat a filling breakfast to lessen the urge to snack. I make a salad/soup/roll for lunch - it only takes a minute, and leave a large plastic container full of fruit & vegetables in the fridge at work. This is all I am allowed to eat while a work. No snacks. [if I have any I go crazy so best to have none.] Drink lots of water. Fruit/veg for morning tea, my salad/soup/roll for lunch fruit/veg for afternoon tea.

I am now taking Hypericum /St John's Wort to deal with the stress. I am feeling more balance and was able to stick to my plan this week despite a huge work load, and a lot of stress. Feeling positive although still a little overwhelmed.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Well here I am, again. I drop out and come back .... up 1/2 kg to 115kg
I haven't been watching my food intake. I'm working from home so no charity boxes/vending machines or I'd be worse.
I've been sick for ~ 3 weeks - bronchitis again so no exercise. Also diagnosed with asthma. I feel like I'm falling apart.
I am burned out. I need to be: accountable cf victim, think cf impulse, good habits cf bad habits
Habits to establish
Sleep - 8 hrs minimium
Exercise - move more/walk program
Diet - think before I eat
Stressors - Identify & deal with
Re-set my goals

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Shalimar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:35 pm

All the best Fireball in getting on track, you CAN do it :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Fireball » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:41 pm

CW 114.5 down 0.5 :)
I've still been sick so not much exercise & poor sleep. Starting to recuperate so hopefully next week I'll be well enough to climb back on the wagon.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Shalimar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Good luck with it Fireball :D .

Shalimar

Postby BBgal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Well done, just remember you may trip but the journey only ends if you stop. your doing so well!!!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby Fireball » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:54 pm

I cant believe it, every time I do a little exercise I cough my head off. plop. LOL
I have to walk soooo slow, I feel like a decrepit old thing. wheeze. :oops:
I have decided I have to get back into it. I have to do it. Maybe I have a little Goddess inspiration. I am still sick but this illness keeps on dragging on. I have to start doing some exercise because my muscles must be wasting after a month of doing nothing.

So, I am wearing my pedometer. I aim to do 8-10,000 steps and most days I'm getting there. I park my car in the furtherest car park from my office. I make myself do the housework. I feel crap but somewhere deep inside I know that I am getting fitter. :twisted:

My eating has been ok. I think if I weighed I would be down about 1/2 kg but I usually weigh in the morning and its too cold so I'll skip it until I feel better.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Fri May 01, 2009 11:40 am

I feel a bit better this morning so I weighed - 114kg down 1/2kg. I am pleased.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Shalimar » Fri May 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Well done Fireball :D .

Shalimar

Postby Fireball » Sun May 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks Shalimar.

Yikes I cant believe it - from Friday lunch time until this morning gastro. :(
Overnight felt sick - woke up this morning and my tummy feels ok but I have a runny nose, sneezing phlegmed up. AAAAH I still have my bronchitis/asthma coughing away.....
I'm just going to try to get plenty of sleep, stick to doiing my exercise at a leisurely pace and hopefully this will clear up soon. :x

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous