It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Fireball's story - I am

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fireball's story - I am

Postby Fireball » Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 am

112.5 down 1.5kg. Yay finally.

Feeling the best I have for a while - although not that good, at least I'm improving. :roll:

They have started building our new house a few weeks ago and it's moving quick! They estimated it would take 3-4 months. Although we dont know the date, I am aiming to get to below 100kg before it is finished.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Shalimar » Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Well done Fireball, keep at it :D .

Whereabouts are you building?

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby longy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 am

Fireball you're doing so well- I saw that you dropped off the forum for a little bit and am glad you've found your way back! 3 kilos so far is excellent! You can do it darlin, I saw it in your original post- You have the determination in there!!!

Well done on the walking- who cares if it's slow? It's all working towards YOUR goal, not someone elses- no one wakes up one day and becomes an olympian overnight- you're doing great! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:48 am

I 'm baaack! I am not on a diet per say. Aim - Eat 3 healthy meals & healthy snacks & minimal junk. Try to exercise. I put on then lost so I'm up 1/2 kg to 113.

I have health issues which affects my efforts. I have been stressed, extremely tired and have difficulty exercising. My asthma is still uncontrolled and I'm worried as I'm having a barrage of tests including for COPD which is chronic bronchitis and emphysema.

I also have a range of irritating problems but only identified recently (on the net of course) these are side-effects of the drug, eg. being really itchy all over. It drives me nuts. I found that I have hypersensitive skin - the relief I've found is to lay in a cool bath & avoid soap, shampoo etc and it has improved some.

Now to get on to the really important stuff -
I want to lose weight & I need to lose weight.
It is a bit depressing although I weigh a bit less than at the start of the year so I guess that's something. I need to get motivated again. I realised tonight - realistically I could weigh less than 100kg by Xmas/the end of the year so that is my goal.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi Fireball and a big welcome back :) .

I hope everything is all looking up for you now after the rought trot you have had.

Good luck :D .

Shalimar

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Thank you for your kind words Sue. I'll have to wait for the test results to know but in the meantime I'm going to try to lose some weight. :)

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Go for it :D .

Shalimar

Postby Fireball » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:26 am

Here I sit. Not going up is good but I need to lose weight... I have been going out of my way to buy Sherbet Cones and Creme Brulee by Cadbury. :oops: I know what I need to do but don't know why I dont stick to it. If I dont quit, I know eventually I will achieve my goals - so here goes...
1. I have started walking with my husband. I make a committment that I will walk even if he doesn't.
2. We are selling our house and getting ready to move so I will use this and push myself to get in more exercise.
3. I will be more careful with my food.
9 weeks to Xmas. I really wanted to be under 100kgs. I will do my best.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby HappyGirl83 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Fireball just wanted to come over and say hi!

Motivation can be hard. It seems so silly that we know what to do, how to do it yet sometimes it's really hard!

When I find my motivation lacking I often think I can not stick to it and in 3 months time be the same weight or even heavier or I can muster up all the motivation I can and get on with it and in those 3 months be lighter than I am now and so much happier. No matter which way I go, those 3 months are gonna come. I can't change time, but I can change myself! Sounds good in theory eh? lol but for some reason it does help a little for me. Today I tried on a pair of pants that a few weeks ago I couldn't get past my bum and today I can get on and do up! So even when we feel like we are getting no where and that a few weeks isn't that much, it can make a huge difference!

I know you can do it Fireball.

Oh and I am reformed sherbet cone addict! My housemate and I used to go to the shops nightly a buy a packet each lol so yum! They don't seem to make the brand I loved anymore so I have had to give them up!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:08 am

Ah a sherbet cone sympathiser, now I know you understand. Yes what you say is right. I will try to keep it in mind.

I had such a bad day today. Very depressing and stressful. I knew I was upset so I was extra careful with my eating. One thing I do have control of in my day and at least that went well. I remind myself I am lucky and have a good life. Anyway Tomorrow is another day.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 am

I had an ephifany.

My son flew out this morning to live OS for 2 years. From when he was about 10 I would tell him to dream big and follow your dreams. I tried to inspire him. He is doing it. Suddenly it occured to me ... what am I doing? I am overweight, very unfit, stressed out, disorganised, never have time to do the things I want to do and always focusing on our business. A very negative lifestyle. Why am I not doing the things I want to do? That are important to me? I thought about my son and how he schedules things he considers important and is not easily dissuaded from his goals. My son has inspired me!

I need to clearly define where I want to be and which behaviours will be conducive to these results. I am going to visualise a Big Red Alarm Button. When I'm going off track I need to push that button to reset my mind and behaviour to a teleological approach. Must leave I have important things to do...

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:40 am

111.5kg. I am thrilled.

I feel like I finally have my s**t together. I am eating 6 times a day so I dont get too hungry. Portion control. Lots more exericse than I was doing. Reset thinking and behaviour when I do things that are negative for my goals. Focusing on trying to lose more by Xmas/New Years. I'm also getting more sleep and the weather is nice. What can I say,"Feeling good."

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Supasal » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:46 am

Congratulations fireball!!! That is fantastic news!
Supasal

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi Fireball :)

I've just had a quick read through your thread, and I'm glad you're feeling great at the moment! Keep up the great work :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Fireball » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:12 am

110kg! YES!

Initially my doctor visit went well, at this stage I dont obviously have COPD although could be in early stage.
BUT I requested a cholesterol test as I'd had one a couple of years ago that was up a bit. I was to ring for my results on Monday but received a call to make an appointment to see the doctor. I had lowered my bad LDL excellent. My HDL was low (as it alway is - not good)

But my shock :shock: she wanted to tell me my results show I am insulin resistant and fall in the range that I now have Diabetes. :x This really p*****d me off because I have been working so hard to lose weight. My high earlier this year of 119kg I have gotten down to 110kg and aiming for 100 by Xmas/end of the year. I felt so depressed. :cry:

I have decided I will adjust my diet and stick to my aims and see what happens when I have a re-test in 3 months.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous