It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Supasal's Story

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Supasal's Story

Postby Supasal » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:16 am

Hi All,

My name is Sally and I just joined here yesterday. My weight loss story is a long one and part of it can be found here: http://www.theslavinfamily.com/sally/weightloss.htm.There are before and after pics to be found there from my previous weight loss success. The before photo is fairly accurate for how I look now.

In 2006, I lost approx 13 kgs as I was Matron of Honour for my sisters wedding. I got down to 68kgs at that time. After the wedding I took a week off of my diet and have never really got back on track since then. Currently I am 95kgs according to my bathroom scales, which is heavier than I have ever been. I am shocked to see that my BMI is 38, which I think makes me morbidly obese :oops: . I feel so ashamed for letting it get this far.

My great weakness is chocolate and junk food. I have been eating some form of junk food every day and usually not a small serving of it either. Another weakness is eating my kids left overs at dinner time :oops: , can't see good food go to waste.

I joined the gym nearly 6 months ago and despite going 2-3 times a week, I have not lost a single gram, mainly I think because my diet has not been on track, I am beginning to realise it takes both diet and exercise to lose weight.

In the last couple of days I have cut out the junk food and have been back on following the Weight Watchers point plan. I am hoping when I weigh myself next Monday I will have lost some weight.
I am hoping that coming here and reporting my progress will help to keep me on track and motivated as I have a very long way to go and a closet full of skinny clothes which don't fit anymore!

Cheers
Sally
Supasal

Re: Supasal's Story

Postby ForMe » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:23 am

Hi Sal

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your story. The Weightwatchers plan is very sound and although I am not following it I did after I had my daughter was born 9 years ago and it was very easy and healthy in my view. I've kept all the good tips and and just counting calories now, well, on most days anyway! You are right that our weight loss plans need to be balanced with good diet and exercise. You are on your way so hope to read lots of great posts from you, the triumphs and the lows.

Hayles
xx
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Postby Supasal » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Thanks Hayles for the welcome. I will most certainly come and post as I go along, especially when I start to lose some weight :D
Supasal

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:36 am

Welcome and good going for signing up here its great!!!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:37 am

Welcome !! Look forward ro sharing your journey :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Supasal » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!!
I am not sure I will be too inspiring just yet! :oops: I was doing really well until I had night duty on Friday night. Night Duty is deadly for diets, you get soooooooooo hungry and there is all sorts of junk around, just tempting you to eat it :oops: So I was hungry and I ate. The situation was somewhat salvaged by the fact that I ate nothing most of Saturday as I was asleep and just had vegie soup and toast for dinner. Yummy and diet friendly.
I am weighing myself tomorrow morning, but not feeling very optimistic. :shock: :roll:
Supasal

Postby Supasal » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:04 am

Ok, I weighed myself this morning.
Last week: 95kg
This week: 93.5kg. I don't have digital scales so that is my best guess from looking at the dial this morning.
Loss: 1.5kg!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Now I am inspired to try even harder this week
Supasal

Postby ali76 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:15 am

Hey well done!! Thats a huge loss in just a week - you must be so happy!

Isn't great how one loss can make you want to try harder to lose even more! You'll be at your goal in no time :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby big_love » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:39 pm

WELL DONE SAL!!! What a great effort!
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Supasal » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Thankyou! :D
Supasal

Postby Supasal » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:47 pm

I haven't been here for a couple of weeks as I have not been doing so well weight loss wise. Have had a couple of really rough weeks and I am an emotional eater. But to counteract that I went and bought some WW treats for me to indulge in when I feel the need for comfort food. Some of their Chocolate icecream and their little single serve chocolate chip cakes. Chocolate is always what I want to eat when I am feeling down, but have only eaten it once thank goodness.
On the good news front, I have lost another 0.5kg, making 2 kilos overall. Doesn't sound like much though, when you consider I still have to lose 33 kilos :shock: But small steps are better than none I guess.
Supasal

Postby holly80 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:47 pm

I hope your doing ok, I have noticed this forum is very supportive and maybe it will help you to write on here how things are going so you dont eat when your emotional?

I used to buy ww choc ice cream, its so yummy..... Have one for me lol

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Supasal » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Thanks Holly! That is a good idea, I will have to come here and write about it when I feel the temptation to eat the wrong things. :D
Supasal

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Sal, this is the best place to vent / sook / complain, etc!

Let us have it!! You'll normally find someone else is going through the same thing...unless you like to be an individual like me and get hit by a car!! hahah!

2 kilos is a GREAT start...you can't get to kilo 5, 15 or 30 until you've lost that 2nd one so you're well on your way!

Keep going!

Ali
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Supasal » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:13 pm

Thanks Ali for the encouragement! Today has been a good day, had a healthy lunch and breakfast and went to Aquarobics this morning too. That was some workout , I was huffing and puffing away. I have been very good this week as far as exercise goes, went for a walk on Sunday, aquarobics on Monday, walk for 40 mins on Tuesday and Aqua again today. I might not have lost a lot of weight yet, but I noticed that my clothes are getting looser!
Supasal

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous