It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

Supasal's Story

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Supasal's Story

Postby sarahm » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:51 pm

hi supasal. well done -great loss! good one -it feels so good to see the effort paying off. have a great week! :)
sarahm

Postby Supasal » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 am

Thanks sarahm!!! :)
Supasal

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Well done Sal, thats excellent :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby miss_viva » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Oh wow, 2kgs is amazing! I'm jealous :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Supasal » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Well this week I have stayed exactly the same. Haven't lost any but haven't put on any either. Perhaps my body is recovering from the 2kg it lost over the last 2 weeks. Feeling pretty disappointed but I know I haven't done my walking as religiously as I should. Am thinking I will go and get a raincoat so that I have no excuses when it is raining and I can walk rain hail or shine. Am going to go water walking for 1/2 hour this afternoon.
Supasal

Postby miss_viva » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Sal,

2kgs is a massive weight loss, you should be proud of that. I'm sure you'll be back on track for next week, and as I keep telling myself at the moment, no loss or tiny losses are much better than giving up, binge eating and putting it all back on :) Perhaps you're gaining some muscle weight too?
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Supasal » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:59 am

Hi Guys!

Went and got weighed yesterday. Lost 0.9kg, taking total loss to 11.5kg. Was pretty happy with that considering I didn't get much time for exercise last week and did 2 night duty's. Went and saw my Doc yesterday too and he was impressed with what I have achieved so far but does not want me to get as low as 60kg. He feels I will be too skinny at that weight. He also talked about how I probably have the "fat gene" which probably has some truth to it as several members of my extended family are also very overweight. It was an interesting consultation :?
Anyway, hope everyone is going well!
Supasal

Postby miss_viva » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Sal,

Woo, 0.9kgs is a great loss! You're doing so well so far :)

Just out of curiosity, what did your doctor have to say about the 'fat gene'? Do you mind just explaining that to me a bit? Is it just that some people are more succeptible to putting on weight? Does it also make it harder to lose weight?
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Supasal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:41 pm

miss_viva wrote:Hi Sal,

Woo, 0.9kgs is a great loss! You're doing so well so far :)

Just out of curiosity, what did your doctor have to say about the 'fat gene'? Do you mind just explaining that to me a bit? Is it just that some people are more succeptible to putting on weight? Does it also make it harder to lose weight?

Thanks miss_viva! I am feeling really healthy. My Doc basically said I probably have the "fat gene" which predisposes me to put on weight easily ( plus I am on meds that are proven to make you gain weight ) and to make it hard to lose it. Also makes it hard to maintain weight loss, particularly if you lose too much and get to a weight that you find hard to maintain . He was talking about me stopping at 85 kgs!!! I will want to lose more than that. I want to be a normal weight and to be able to buy clothes off the shelf without having to go to fat lady shops. I will probably want to stop at at least 70-kgs!
Supasal

Postby sarahm » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:57 am

hi supasal. well done on your losses and on keeping on track! from what i have read/researched, the 'fat gene' idea is only a theory and is not proven to exist. it is not really helpful to be told you have this gene as psychology plays a big role in our mind-body relationship. dont really see why your doc. would put the idea into your head>? anyhow, we all have control over our food consumption and exercise ...this will always affect our well- being far more powerfully than theoretical scientific ideas! keep up your good work and bleh to the dr! :)
sarahm

Postby Supasal » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:42 am

You are right sarahm! As the week has gone along I have given less and less credence to what he says.

Weigh in day today. I have lost 1.8 kg this week!!!!! :D :D :D :D Takes my total to 13.3kg. I am really happy with that. Have done my walks when I can ( got very wet going for a walk on Sunday afternoon ) and have done lots of extra shifts at work so I think that has helped.
Supasal

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:22 pm

Well done! 1.8kgs is a HUGE loss! Looks like all that walking is paying off :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Fireball » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:04 am

Supasal you are doing such a great job. No wonder your doc is impressed. :mrgreen:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Supasal » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:29 am

Thanks guys.
I wish I could come here and report something positive this week, but this week has recorded a small gain. :( I know I deserved it. Have been eating some naughty food while on night duty ( have done 3 in the last week ). Not big amounts, a chip here a jelly bean there, some rice crackers & last night I ate a Chomp bar. I guess all the little things can really add up. Plus I haven't been for a walk this week ( I hang my head in shame). I have been working full time (I usually only work 3 days a week ) and have been really tired so have used that as an excuse to go have a lie down instead of going for a walk. So I have been really bad and didn't deserve a loss. My motivation has been at a very low ebb as well. I just couldn't seem to resist those naughty things and previously I have found resistance really easy. Must pick my socks up. Will do my best in the coming week to go for my walk regardless of whether I have been to work or not and try harder to resist those naughty foods.

Hope all are well & doing better than me!
Supasal

Postby Fireball » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:28 pm

It's easy to have a little slip-up thats not a problem. You've been doing a great job!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous