It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Holly's Weight Loss Journal

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Holly's Weight Loss Journal

Postby holly80 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:08 pm

24/2/08 ~ Sunday

The day has come. I have recognised I need to lose some weight. My aim is to lose 15 kg's. I would love to weight 70kg. I would be so proud of myself.

After many diets and failing at them all but one, but I put it on plus more when I stopped ww. I have gathered all my thoughts about weight loss and I am going to really try, and stay positive about it.

I came to this conclusion because I am so embarressed about my stomach. My friends all say you dont need to lose any weight but I know their all just being nice to me. I weigh 85.4kg and I am mostly embarressed to sit down because I get this discusting spare tyre around my stomach, always above my pants when i sit down. In some cases I am also embarressed to even take off my jumper and I will leave it on even if it is 1000 degress outside. Thats pretty bad isnt it? So if this isnt going to encourage me to finally do it, then I dont think anything will..

If i fall off the wagon, its not the end of the world. After that meal I will just go on with my journey and also do a little bit more excerise then I normally would.

That brings me to the dreeded excerise. How much will i do? I know 2 nights a week I will walk when my DH goes to football. And I will also walk with a friend once a weekend. So thats walking 3 times a week, the other days I am not sure what I will do. I dont want to plan anything, that way I will reach my goals because I tend to think I fail alot. I am aiming for each excerise to be at least 30 min and no less then that...

Eating? hmmm I think I will try it by myself for a few weeks and see how I go. I may need the guideance from ww. But it will save me a lot of money, if I can do it alone.

Bring on Monday, I cant wait.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: Holly's Weight Loss Journal

Postby GumBoots » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Hello Holly, I am Ree :D
I too am looking for different forms of exercise atm :roll: So many to choose from. I am currently doing ww @ home. I am not a registered member anymore but scored some awesome books off a girlfriend. They sell the kits on ebay which are a great starter and a one off cost..
Hope to see you around....

Ree xxx
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby ali76 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi Holly,

Well done, you sound so motivated which is often half the battle! I do it on my own...it's slow but seems to be working. I do a circuit at the gym every day for 30 or 45 minutes (i need to change this up a bit now) and I just eat sensibly and count my calories - with the god sent calorieking.com.au webite.

You'll slowly come to know what you need to do...just listen to your body.

Best of luck! Keep us posted :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Mummyof3 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:42 am

Hi there holly,
Good luck with your goals, if you are determined enough, you will lose that tyre around the waist... try and get in some core exercises and oblique, daily, and plenty of good food, that tyre shall be gone in no time... trust me I use to have one, Ive cut mine right down, thankfully, but you can to..... Just stay focused and allow this place to motivate you daily....

:D
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:25 am

Hey Holly, You've come to the right place! You will do great! Im looking forward to seeing your progress, and hopefully I can loose one of my spare tyres with you :oops: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby holly80 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:17 pm

OMFG I COULD SCREAM RIGHT NOW.. I just spent like 10 minutes writing about my day and somehow deleted it. Real impressed right now NOT :lol:

So I will just quickly write it now lol, in not so much detail :)

Today I thought I did ok, although writing it down I think it wasnt good at all, to many carbs. Although I did do a few things I was proud of so thats a start.

Breakfast: special k and a coffee
Lunch: spagetii bowl from last night
Dinner: stir fry

Snacks: 2 carmamel koala's :oops: and a few spoon fulls of the chn's lunch which was a brocili and coliflower dish.

Water: At work I drank 1 liter. and I am still drinkging. I dont think I will reach 2 liters but I will reach at least 1.5 lietrs.

Excerise: 25 min walk and 50 crunches.
I walked at a steady pace, enough to get my heart racing. The next few weeks, I will want to get faster and faster. I am a smoker though, so lets see. Thats my next aim is to quit.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:37 am

holly80 wrote:I came to this conclusion because I am so embarressed about my stomach. My friends all say you dont need to lose any weight but I know their all just being nice to me. I weigh 85.4kg and I am mostly embarressed to sit down because I get this discusting spare tyre around my stomach, always above my pants when i sit down. In some cases I am also embarressed to even take off my jumper and I will leave it on even if it is 1000 degress outside. Thats pretty bad isnt it? So if this isnt going to encourage me to finally do it, then I dont think anything will..

i could not have said it better myself especially leaving the jumpers on when its sooooooo hot!!

Good luck on your journey.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby holly80 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Well the past few days have been up and down. Alot has been going on.. I wont get into to much detail but some one I know and is very dear to me has passed away, and I have been having a few troubles at work with the girl I work with. So I have been feeling a little bit anxious about life, but I will be ok. Everything is working out.

With my eating, I havnt really been eating. Last night I kind of binged, but I think thats emotinal eating. I had pasta (and I had to, serioulsy in the situation I was in I had no choice, cant get into it sorry) then on the way home had I had a 30c cone and a frozen coke, and a piece of pizza at the other place I had to go to. I got no excerise either yesterday.
Today I have only eaten a slce of cheese and a musli bar. For dinner we are having chicken and salad rolls.
And to be honest, I wont be excerising because I just feel so run down with everything. Supporting someone who had just lost someone, plus probs at work (which is hopefully sorted now after a meeting) has really worn me out, so I am going to eat and just relax tonight.

I hope this wont make me put on any weight this week. I have 2 days to go until I weigh in.

Thanks for listening, hope this all made sense.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:06 pm

I didnt lose a lot of weight this week, but I did lose a little. Thats better then a gain I suppose. Its been a very hard week as alot has been going on, so i have not been home alot which means a lot of take away and hardly any excerise. But thats cool. I can watch what I eat from now on, now I am home again.

I think I lost .6kg.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi Holly - sorry to hear you lost someone close to you :( hugs!

In terms of your health and weightloss - the important thing is you are here and trying to change things. hang in there. Change is hard. It takes a while to create good habits.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby holly80 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:00 pm

yeah they say it takes something like 31 days to kick a habit dont they?

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby big_love » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:20 pm

Hey Hol,

Hope you are feeling better ((hugs)) if there's anything you need.... :wink: let us know

smiles for you to brighten your day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Hey Holly,

Just popping in to say hey and to see how you doin :)
xx
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby holly80 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks girls.

Well I did post this in weight loss discussion but thought I would in here for my progress. I went to the dr today and got a blood test.. I explained to the lady how my arm and finsgers go weird when I get it down. She told me I have slow blood cerculation. So it has scared me... As I am a smoker, dont exceirse much anymore and am such a binge eater I have all these crazy thoughts going threw my head, especailly since I just lost someone to a heart attack at such a young age.

So I have come home and using our push mower I mowed the lawn and have started on the water. I am also going to have a salad for lunch, as hubby is cooking a pasta for dinner.

With the smoking, I have said it so many time I am going to stop, but its sooooo hard to brake the routine of it, and I am sooo scared I wont be able to do it. Like I said in the other post, you got to want it enough to do it. I do want it but I am so weak when it comes to change etc...
So I got 4 smokes left. And already dreeding it, not a good start. But I understand its something I got to do, and got to do it now... Well lets hope so anyway......

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby holly80 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Well I have proberly made a really healthy meal into a fatty one. I have a large bowl of saldad in front of me. I chopped up lettece, carrot, tomato and would have been maybe a slice of cheese. But I have added, a few cashews.. Not many though and some light 1000 island sauce.

Its very yummy though, and I wont have cheese with the pasta tonight.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous