It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Holly's Weight Loss Journal

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Holly's Weight Loss Journal

Postby ~Rose~ » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:31 am

Hi Holly, so sorry I've not been on in a few days and come back to hear the terrible news about your little cat :( sorry to hear about it hon. It's so sad to loose or have to watch a sick friend, be it a person or a furry friend that is close to us. You have nothing to feel silly about, most of us get very attached to our animal friends. I'd be an absolute mess if something happened to Whiskey and I was when I lost my little cat Timmy before him. My thoughts are with you and your little cat, let us know how everything goes.
~Rose
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby holly80 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:41 am

i rang as soon as i woke up this morning. he gave her the heart medication and he said she seems to have picked up a little bit, but he didnt put her on a drio because he wanted to observe her with out it. so shes going on a drip today,
I said to him if she does make it then how long will she be in there, he said a few days, but her heart is pretty crook. I really wanna go see her but thats not fair for her to see me and leave her there again.

on the diet side of things, i am trying not to eat to much crap. i havnt lost any weight this week but thats fine with me this week

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby holly80 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:20 pm

i went and saw her. she is looking better. Still not good but better at least. I had to take in some food to her because she wasnt eating theirs. he said they put her on dilalix (sp?) and got some fluid of the lungs.
she was so pleased to see me. she couldnt get up but she knew it was me. I got to hold her and the vet let me stay there for ages. shes on the drip and has her leg bandaged :( poor baby
the best thing of all is the vet told us she will be home in a few days most proberly but then he said he doesnt know how she will go here. but we will take every day and day as comes.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Poor little thing. I hope she recovers quickly.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby holly80 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:34 pm

thanks ali. i might go see her tommorrow again

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby jilliansmyhero » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:39 pm

o try and see her, and if she has to be put down though u may cry and cry try and be there for her, there would be nothing she could want more than to have u and your husband there to say goodbye, if only i had been there to say goodbye to my sweetie when he was put down i wouldnt regret it so much now.
jilliansmyhero

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Holly, so sorry to hear about your cat. It is incredibly stressful when a pet is sick, but you're doing well by simply trying not to eat too much crap. Just take each day as it comes....I'm really glad to hear she's improving a bit.

Take care of yourself and do what you need to do to get yourself through it (ie. don't beat yourself up about food, ciggies or anything else!!)

Thinking of you and sending hugs

Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby holly80 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:17 pm

hi all. i am not staying on but just wanted to update you. I rang to see how she is this morning and she has picked up a bit but still not eating so he wants me to bring her home tommorrow to see if she will eat for me here. I am so excited but sooooo nervous because i know she is still very sick and should still be at the hospital but she wont survive there if she is not eating

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby lng86 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:18 am

You poor thing. I hope everything works out for the best.

We are all here to support you - regardless.

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby jilliansmyhero » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:10 am

we're all crossing our fingers that she gets better, such a terrible thing to happen to anyone.
jilliansmyhero

Postby holly80 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:43 pm

i went to pick her up this morning.. It weird, her heart is much worse but she seems to be happier then she was last wee,. maybe becasue she is at home. The vet told me she isnt good still and want her to eat and drink here. she hasnt tried to drink yet, but she has tried to eat twice. But she is having troubles gathering it into her mouth, so at least she is trying. Mum is bringing her over some chicken to see if she will eat that. my god i hope she does, i will just be devastated if she doesnt.
I placed her onto the window cill which is her fav place and she sat licking her paws like she normally does there and then jumped down. i was suprised she could jump down. i was amazed. as soon as i brought her home she walked to her kitty litter and did a huge wee, she hadnt used her litter at all in the past few days she was at home.
and i have put the mattress of the bed onto the floor, its where i am sitting now and she keeps coming to sit with me, so thats good. but i left the room for about 10 min and came back in and she was siting her litter again. but then when i sat back on the bed she came and laid with me.
she is on strong heart medication and i have to give her a tablet once in the morning and once in then night time. the vet said to me that her heart is the worse he has ever seen for a 5 year old cat (she is 5 next week). And her heart sounds like a 15 year old chiciua (i have no idea how to spell the dogs name)..... he basically said if she doesnt start eating or drinking then we will have to send her to sleep. he said she is not in any pain just exxtremly tired and that i gave her a fantastic life.

lol you should see us its me the cat and my dog laying on the bed together. my dog is being so good to her. she loves her a lot

thanks so much for reading my posts, it certainly has helped me deal with this.... i dont keep a diary but this is very theropudic. i dont know how i would be if it wasnt for the support of you all.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby ~Rose~ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Hey Holly, just checking in to see how you and your kitty are? It's good to hear she has picked up alittle, I hope she starts eating and drinking. I won't be on much the next couple of days pretty sick with a tummy bug atm, but I just wanted to see how you are. Talk more in a few days :)
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby holly80 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:12 pm

~Rose~ wrote:Hey Holly, just checking in to see how you and your kitty are? It's good to hear she has picked up alittle, I hope she starts eating and drinking. I won't be on much the next couple of days pretty sick with a tummy bug atm, but I just wanted to see how you are. Talk more in a few days :)

thanks rose, i really appreciate you coming on.

guess what, shes not eating the chicken but she had a mega huge drink which made me so happy.....

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:26 pm

sounds like she might have turned the corner a bit - it's great that she's drinking and weeing, that means her kidneys are functioning which means she might hang in there.

Just relax and hang with your pets - sounds like you all need some chill out time!

Take care, Lisa

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby holly80 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:04 pm

hey all, just updating you all.

she is not good today... she drinks when i put some water in front of her and she is trying to eat but she just cant do it. it breaks my heart knowing she wants some food. today is my last day with her i think... hubby is taking her to the vet tommorrow for her check up but i cant bring myself to actually leave without her. he is much stronger then i am.
i just cant stop thinking that what happens if we put her to sleep and she may have been better in a few days. i know its hughly unlikely but cant stop thinking it. my poor little girl. i feel like i am going insane i just cant stop crying...

mum is getting a kitten for mothers day and there is 1 more kitten and they have asked if i want it....

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous