It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Free Newsletter

Holly's Weight Loss Journal

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Holly's Weight Loss Journal

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu May 01, 2008 1:24 pm

What are you trying to tempt her with in terms of food? Can you try her with something like cooked chicken that smells nice? And would the vet think about giving her some intravenous nutrition in the short term so that she could get stronger?

You are being very brave by the sound of it Holly, it can make you feel very powerless when all you want to do is make them feel better and they can't cooperate.

Hang in there sweetie!!

Lisa xx :D

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 01, 2008 1:30 pm

So sorry to hear that she's not doing too well. I hope she picks up and starts to eat today. Having a seriously ill pet is an awful thing to go through. I had to get my pet rat put to sleep many years ago. She had a large swelling behind her eye that the vet said was almost certainly a brain tumour. There was a slight chance that it was a parasitic infection, but that was only slight. The vet suggested that it would be cruel to keep her alive just for such a small chance of recovery since she was suffering so much at that time. While it's natural to feel it's a great betrayal to have a pet put down, sometimes it's a greater betrayal to keep them alive just because we love them so much. I still cry about it (I'm crying right now) but I know I made the right decision for poor little Del.

I really, really hope your cat recovers and starts eating again. I'll be thinking of you both. *Hugs*
EvilWombatQueen

Postby holly80 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:39 pm

wilmawalrus wrote:What are you trying to tempt her with in terms of food? Can you try her with something like cooked chicken that smells nice? And would the vet think about giving her some intravenous nutrition in the short term so that she could get stronger?

You are being very brave by the sound of it Holly, it can make you feel very powerless when all you want to do is make them feel better and they can't cooperate.

Hang in there sweetie!!

Lisa xx :D

hey lisa, yeah i brought her chicken yesterday and she was not interested at all.... she was on all types of meds and drips at the vet, she spent 4 nights there.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby holly80 » Fri May 02, 2008 6:30 pm

hey all, i took her back to the vet today, and would you believe she has picked up alittle bit. i cant believe it hey... i mean she is still really really bad but guess what, she is eating. the vet gave her 2 vitamin shots which have picked her up.... so lets hope the next few days she gets better and better

i have realises i need to start looking after myself again. i cant keep on being depressed about her and eating whatever i want when i want. i am going to start ck again on sunday and will really work at it.... i am not going to weigh myself till sunday but i know it would have gone up quiet a bit

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby wilmawalrus » Fri May 02, 2008 7:27 pm

So glad to hear your cat is improving...and that you will be too! Been thinking of you and wondering what's been happening.

Hang in there!!! Look after yourself over the weekend, maybe try and get out for a walk or something, and some extra sleep?

Fingers crossed for more improvement for both of you! :D

Lisa xx

wilmawalrus

Postby holly80 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:32 pm

thanks heaps for your support .... just got to take everyday as it comes

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby ~Rose~ » Sat May 03, 2008 10:14 am

Hey Holly how are you going? and how is your little cat doing?
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby Tarz » Sun May 04, 2008 11:47 am

Oh Holly,

I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I can understand how hard it would be i would be so distraught if it happend to my Kitty. You can get such a bond with your pet that if they die or get really sick it is like losing a best friend or family member. I hope your cat pulls through and starts eating more. I know you won;t like this but do you really hink she is in no pain? She hasn't been eating and her heart is not pumping properly.... Ask the vet if he believes she will make it or not, maybe she needs to be put out of her misery? I know it sounds horrible but would you want her last days to be in pain? If the vet thinks she will pull through then thats great i just hate seeing animals in pain. I had to rabbits a few years back and when i got my puppy she had fleas and fleas give rabbits mixamitosis and my bunnies got very sick, i loved them they would spend everynight falling asleep on my lap, i had to have them put down because they couldn't eat or move properly or see. I felt better after doing it because they looked so much more at peace then before. We burried them in the backyard but had to cover their graves with compost so the dog would smell them and dig them up.
I hope everything gets better. And again i am so sorry about your cat.
Tara
Tarz

Postby holly80 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:46 pm

rose, she is doing alot better. eating more and now doing things she used to like laying on my chest etc... she is up and about a fair bit now... i mean she still is far from 100 % but she is getting there.

Tara, welcome back. she is not in any pain. i have had many discussions with the vet over the past week about it and he has made it quiet clear she is not. if she was then i would not be so mean to keep her with me....

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun May 04, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm so glad she's eating again! That's great news. And the fact that she's up to her old habits of lying on your chest and the like is a great sign. When our kitty was sick she hid all the time. That's what cats seem to do when they're poorly. So the fact that your kitty wants a cuddle is a really good indication that she's getting better. I'm so glad! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby holly80 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:50 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:I'm so glad she's eating again! That's great news. And the fact that she's up to her old habits of lying on your chest and the like is a great sign. When our kitty was sick she hid all the time. That's what cats seem to do when they're poorly. So the fact that your kitty wants a cuddle is a really good indication that she's getting better. I'm so glad! :D

yeah i am really happy to. early days yet though but at least i am alot calmer now and know she is not well but she is not, not well enough to send her for a long sleep

i have a confession. I have been smoking again. I went 3 weeks with out one :? all this stress has made me want one again. I just was not strong enough to turn them down. But i am not going to think of it as failure, its a minor set back. and come tommorrow i look forward to having thise 3 emotional crazy days again lol....

i have also gone back to ck which i have filled in tommorrows food and i am going to start walking again.

i think there is a major issue when all my clothes are getting to small on me...... :twisted:

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby opal630 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Hey Holly, glad to here you're cat is getting better. It's understandable that you've fallen back into old habits during a stressful time. I'm sure you'll get back into it this week and start kicking butt again.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby holly80 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:36 pm

that i will...... and looking forward to it :D

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby milkyway » Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 pm

I'm so glad your kitty is OK :)

You've been 3 weeks without the ciggies so you can do it again. You're right - it's just a set back and I'm glad to see you're not using it as an excuse to keep on smoking. Good on you!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon May 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Take it one day at a time Holly - so maybe yesterday you had a ciggie, but today is a new day, and hopefully you won't feel the urge.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it is a really stressful time, and that usually when things like eating, smoking, etc aren't the big priority. You will get back on track when you can, whether that be today or next week or whenever, but DON'T beat yourself up, you don't deserve it and it will just add to your stress.

Glad to hear your kitty is picking up a bit, and that you feel a little more balanced.

Take care, Lisa xx :D

wilmawalrus

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous