It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Fresh New Thread... Fresh New Me!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Fresh New Thread... Fresh New Me!

Postby Rustie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Ok im starting again.. for about the hundreth time...
These days im all talk and no action. Shelley has inspired me to do better cause she is such a big inspiration to me *Love ya Shelley*!!
Being a hectic mummy of 3 (2 kids and the hubby) I seem to lose myself in everyday life of work and being a mummy. I love both very very much but dont seem to be looking after myself asmuch as I should. I have decided to give Lite and Easy ago. I know to me it will be alot easier to microwave something healthy then to stress about cooking somthing. My weight has gone back up to my original which is 80kgs. I dont feel my usual energetic self, so instead of stressing out over food I have gone the easiest way. Brett works 1 week on 1 week off so when he isnt here I will have my lunch and dinner meals delivered. When he is home I will just get my lunch.. He also needs to lose a few kilos but when he is home we like to cook so all meals will be out of the csiro diet book..
I need all the support atm to keep me on track with things.
No more hamburgers, chicken/cheese sausages, hot chips, ice cream, dim sims and all he other junk that I decide to pick up and put in my mouth.

Thanks guys... I will do it this time. Its 73 weeks until our wedding ( 1st August 09)
My goal is to lose 15kgs by xmas.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Re: Fresh New Thread... Fresh New Me!

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 pm

You can do it Rustie!

I think you've got a great plan with lite and easy and then on the off week cooking out of the book. What is csiro?

What exercise do you plan to incorporate?

Just remember how yuck and lethargic you feel on the old eating lifestyle everytime you think of turning back :)

I look forward to your updates and promise you all the support in the world *hugs*
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Bel Diamante » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:49 pm

AHHHHH!!! Another getting married!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! Sorry I'm wedding nuts at the moment. I get married 25th october 08!! Best of luck on your journey!
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby shelbel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:34 pm

Hey beautiful Sammie girl!! :D Aww your so sweet, i loves ya back doll :wink:

Light and easy sounds like a good plan, no worrying about what to have for dinner, just chuck it in the microwave, too easy!!

You can do this babe, ive every bit of faith in you. Its not easy, we all fall off the wagon, sometimes for a minute, sometimes for weeks, but the important thing is your giving it another go. We can keep each other in line, no more lunches, just walkies now! :D

Good luck chickie!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Rustie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:23 pm

Aww you guys are so great.
Havent really thought about the exercise part of it yet. Might wait until my first week is over to see how when i can fit it in.
Im on my feet all day at work which is helping with some very sexy legs but everything else is starting to go horizontal...
After work atm Im going room by room cleaning up my house.. Bit like a late spring clean. I find when everything is in its special order my life runs alot more smooth. And since I have been back at work that hasnt happened. But this is my week to change that. Today im feeling strong so lets hope tomorrow is another good day.

Cheers everyone XX

Rustie

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:04 am

Hey Rustie! Thats great about the house cleaning after work, its great exercise and organisation makes all the difference to how motivated you are don't you think?

I work 3 days a week and on my feet all day running around and the last thing I feel like doing when I get home is exercising! So on those days I do something early in the morning. Be it a class, a walk, a ride etc. So maybe you could look at doing that down the track?

Best of luck for today, i'm sure you'll do great hun :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Hey Sam, good luck with the Lite and Easy! Sounds like you have a good plan!

with the exercise, it can be really hard for busy people to fit it in - but why not set a goal of doing say, 10 minutes per day - anything, walking on the spot, dancing, sit ups/push ups etc, and then you can start gradually increasing it? I often find 10 minutes is a lot less daunting to schedule into my day than 30 minutes or an hour! And doing SOMETHING is always better than nothing :)
Mandie

Postby matchbox » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:14 pm

hey sam, just wanted to say good luck! :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Rustie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:09 pm

My first week of lite and easy arrived today. I must say it is very nice and filling aswell. I had such a busy day at work today, *I didnt know that anyone could sweat in a fridge*. Yes im knackered now but I might jump on the bike when i watch the tv. I have the day off tomorrow *YAY*
Thanks Mandie for the great idea. 10 mins doesnt seem as bad as 30 mins for sure. I taped a show on foxtel wich was aerobics so will get stuck into that tomorrow while the kids are at school.
I feel like in doing things the wrong way by getting all my meals delivered. But on the other hand I cant go on being this weight.
Im giving myself 12 weeks to lose 6kgs. Its a reasonable goal I think. Once I can see myself shrinking then Im sure i will have motivation to keep going and to start training myself to cook better and to eat smaller portion sizes. I think that is my big down fall. I need to eat alot more slowly and enjoy wat im eating, as I noticed this tonight when I actually took more time I felt fuller. Wash it all down a treat of coke zero * Shelley those cans are so cool and I actually drink them all*

Thanks all to your words of wisdom.. X

Rustie

Postby Rustie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:04 pm

Im keeping myself accountable for my actions, so here is my day so far.

Breakfast: Special K with milk
Snack: Chicken and salad roll (small)
Lunch: Lite n Easy Chicken chilli salad, small roll, pear
Snack: Popcorn
Dinner: Lite n Easy Veal Scaloppini
2 small cans Coke Zero

Im under my 1400 cals for the day. Im tempted to have a mini crunchy for dessert.

Someone gave me a compliment today which was very nice. She said that I was looking well and that id lost weight. Yay someone has seen something.
I know that muscle weighs more than fat so maybe because i have been working my weight hasnt changed but my body fat has gone down. Thats what im hoping for anyway.
First day on Lite and Easy and it was great! So much easier and all protion controlled which is my down fall. Im going to stick at this to the letter to make sure I get the most for my money.

Rustie

Postby shelbel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Hey doll, very glad your first day had gone well!!! Im a bit of a guesser when it comes to portion sizing, so another thing you dont have to worry about! Geez i might have to look into this lite and easy business! :lol:

And YAY for compliments!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Rustie » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:17 pm

I have stuck to my lite and easy without a problem at all. Yesterday my cals were 1200 which is good for me..
Kids had maccas for dinner and i was so proud that i didnt even touch a single chip. I kept saying to myself " its not worth it, its not real food"
" think about the wedding dress" !!
I woke up not feeling hungy this morning so i have only just eaten.

2 eggs on a wholegrain muffin. Yummy.

Going bowling with Shelley tomorrow which will be such great fun. Its always a blast with Shelley!!

Have a great weekend everyone

Rustie

Postby ali76 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:24 pm

Hey Rustie!

Well done, sounds like Lite and Easy is working really well for you - you'll reach your goal in no time!!

Have fun bowling!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby matchbox » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:45 pm

hey sam, hows everything going? hope you're doing well :)

xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Rustie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:24 pm

I have been so slack and lazy lately.
The scales read 76.6kgs this morning,. I will pick you my game and push through this stage cause i always give up.
Im more run down and tired which makes me feel crap and then it snow balls from there... ARR

Rustie

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous