It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Rose's story so far

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rose's story so far

Postby ~Rose~ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks for the support ladies :D Yes I'm back on track Holly :D Still feel alittle down about it though, but I'm pushing past it and I do think changing my weigh ins to Sunday will help, so I will start that this week. I've also had a pretty busy weekend and start of the week, so don't worry about not posting Holly :D I haven't done much myself in the last 5 days, just the odd comment here & there.

Little miss Holly is going well apart from Whiskey scratched her in the eye and we had to whisk her off to the vet :( We have some antibiotic cream I have to put in it three times a day, The wound itself isn't too bad, but serious enough that we are glad we got her straight to the vet, because if infection set in or if it does set in she will have to have an operation on it, so atm we are crossing our fingers that it heals up well. The vet seemed to think with her being a puppy and the fact that we acted on it so quick, that's there a good chance it will heal nicely. But it's looking really good today, still cloudy around the wound but it doesn't look red or swollen.

Nevermind the blow out, what counts is that you don't use it as an excuse to quit or let it get you down.

Opal I'm trying to take the positives out the whole situation and see it as an opportunity to realise how much this journey has changed me already, just the fact that I haven't quit and I'm straight back to it, is a great positive in how my outlook has changed :wink: Previously I would have given up for probably a couple of months only to then try again.

But I am going to have alittle vent here about my struggles, if u don't mind... I've kept pretty quiet about my struggles with my weight and pernicious aneamia. I did mention it in the start of this thread but haven't said much since and didn't really mention some of the ongoing symptoms I struggle with.

Aside from a sluggish metabolism another symptom of my aneamia is weakness in my limbs and fatigue, and I've got to say somedays I do find it really hard to get motivated to exercise. Most days I can usually push past it, cause the last month or so has helped me to realise that once I've exercised a bit I do feel more energetic, and the fatigue isn't as bad and my arms don't feel like painful dead weights as much. But its the pushing past it thats my hardest battle. Food wise I'm usually really good and eating the small regular meals has really worked well for me and seems to help get my metabolism going alot better.
I can say I'm really glad for this forum, just for those moments when it all seems alittle much and I can get on here and have a read and it helps me push past the wall I just seem to hit somedays.

Anyway sorry for the marathon read, but I've been really battling with this the last few days and needed to get it off my chest. You guys are all so great and I have so much admiration for everyone going through this journey :)
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby Kaz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:17 pm

~Rose~ wrote:But I am going to have alittle vent here about my struggles, if u don't mind... I've kept pretty quiet about my struggles with my weight and pernicious aneamia. I did mention it in the start of this thread but haven't said much since and didn't really mention some of the ongoing symptoms I struggle with.

Aside from a sluggish metabolism another symptom of my aneamia is weakness in my limbs and fatigue, and I've got to say somedays I do find it really hard to get motivated to exercise. Most days I can usually push past it, cause the last month or so has helped me to realise that once I've exercised a bit I do feel more energetic, and the fatigue isn't as bad and my arms don't feel like painful dead weights as much. But its the pushing past it thats my hardest battle. Food wise I'm usually really good and eating the small regular meals has really worked well for me and seems to help get my metabolism going alot better.
I can say I'm really glad for this forum, just for those moments when it all seems alittle much and I can get on here and have a read and it helps me push past the wall I just seem to hit somedays.

Hi Rose... I can definately understand how you are feeling as I suffer from Haemochromatosis which is about the opposite of the aneamia that you suffer from but would you believe that the symptoms are exactly the same.... Just take it slow and work up to it and you will find it easier..... It is great that you seem to have your food undercontrol which is a huge start....
Hope you feel better soon.....
((((HUGS))))
Kaz

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby ~Rose~ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Thanks Kaz (hugs) back :D
Unfortunately it is a lifelong disorder so it ain't going anywhere, and most days I deal pretty well with it. I get my needles roughly every 3 months and they keep my levels in check and stop the real nasty symptoms. I just have 'fog days' now & then, where it is hard to find the mind set to battle past the weakness and fatigue.
Sorry to hear you have similar troubles. But I'm here to talk to anytime you need to get them off your chest or have a vent like me :P
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby holly80 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:53 pm

The most important thing is, is to look after yourself Rose. Its good to see you back. Come on you got me into ck so get your bum back there and here now and work at it lol

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby holly80 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:02 pm

holly80 wrote:The most important thing is, is to look after yourself Rose. Its good to see you back. Come on you got me into ck so get your bum back there and here now and work at it lol

ummm no you didnt it was kaz lol. you must think i am a mad women :lol: :lol: :lol: But anyway get your baum back on it lol

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby ~Rose~ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:11 pm

lol Holly :D
Thanks for the support hon :D

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby holly80 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:12 pm

~Rose~ wrote:lol Holly :D
Thanks for the support hon :D

:lol: no probs

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby Czarina » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:38 pm

I'm a Sunday weigh-in girl too (unless I'm going away for the weekend or something, I'll let myself get away with a Monday), keeps me in line on the weekends.[[[[[[[[[[[=-][ <-------That is Mr Shadow walking over the keyboard, I think he is trying to say 'Hello'!

You are doing so well Rose, I know what it's like to try and keep going when your body is not 100%, it is a struggle. But when you keep going and start achieving what you want to, the reward is even greater. :D
Czarina

Postby lng86 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Oh - you poor thing. I can't begin to understand... But I truly sympathise.

You are doing so well! And yes, this forum is fantastic!!!

Keep up the great work.

Best of luck,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby ~Rose~ » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Thanks ladies... it been another very busy weekend with visitors (i've said to hubby no people here next weekend pls, I need a break!) :shock:
300g loss this week, now 103.8, I'm happy enough with that after last weekend.
Anyway I'll catch up more with everyone tomorrow, should have a bit more time to troll the forums then :D

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby opal630 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:45 pm

That's another 300grams in the right direction. How's the no smoking been going?
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby ~Rose~ » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:20 am

yeah most days I don't think about them too much anymore Opal :) Just keep myself busy :D

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby Cac33 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:26 am

Hey Rose 300gms isn't too bad considering you had visitors, thats always hard. Like Opal said its all going in the right direction so thats the main thing.

Hope your doing well xx
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby LillyPilly » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:53 pm

Well done on the loss!

Any loss is great.

I am a regular loser of 300/400gs.
LillyPilly

Postby ~Rose~ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:05 pm

My whole family is down with tummy bug atm, little man starting hurling last night and the rest of us can barely stand even the thought of food atm, I tried some pumpkin soup for lunch, bad idea!!! still fighting to keep it down :( I dare say I'll be pretty quiet for the next few days, just wanted to pop on quickly and let you know, so you don't think I've skipped town! lol
Hopefully I feel better in a day or two and can get back into my routine :(

[/url]
~Rose~

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous