It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:06 am

Free Newsletter

Sharon's Stats

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Sharon's Stats

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Thanks to everyone who made me feel so welcome! You're a great bunch, and I'm so looking forward to getting to know you all.

Is there a Doctor in the house?! I think I'm just a leetle too obsessed with the scales at the moment - weighing myself up to 4 times a day (kind of a change from my previous approach, which was weighing myself every couple of months, whether I needed to or not! :D )

I checked my BMI today - I'm currently at 102kg (YAY!!!), so my BMI is 40, just at the very highest end of obese. Thank god I didn't check it last week when I would have been morbid - there's a word guaranteed to scare the hell out of you..... So I think my first mini goal will be 98kg, which will get me into the 30's BMI.

Any thoughts on best weigh in days? I was thinking Friday or Saturday morning, which will give me time to repair any "unavoidable" wine and cheese encounters over the weekend (or is this already self-defeating thinking?????)

Cheers, Sharon
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Re: Sharon's Stats

Postby ~Rose~ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:07 am

lol Sharon, That's exactly why I do Friday morning lol... I tend to have a few drinks Friday nights (nothing over the top and always try to work it in with my calories without being silly). But atleast then I've got the whole week to be exceptionally motivated if I feel I've been alittle too naught :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby opal630 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Welcome to the forum Sharon.

I weigh in Sunday mornings because I sleep in and I figure it gives me a little more time to burn some calories before I weigh myself...

I too am a self confessed weigh-aholic. If anyone knows a cure I'd like to hear it.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:38 pm

Really cranky with myself. Went out with the girls (and token guy) tonight and had wine and turkish (guilty YUM!).
4 (4!!!) glasses of wine, a zucchini ball, dips and bread, chicken kebab, rice and salad :oops: . It was as if I totally forgot what I'm doing. And weigh in is tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!! I really have to get a hold of myself when I'm out. How does everyone else cope? Any strategies will be soooo gratefully accepted.

This morning (in a pre-emptive strike!) I weighed 102kg - wonder what the damage will be for the official weigh in tomorrow? Guess I'm spending the best part of Saturday morning on the treadmill.....
Sharon
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:44 am

First Official Weigh In:

SW 104kg
CW 101kg
GW 75kg

Loss of 3kg! (I know, I know, water weight, and probably not deserved after last night's extravaganza...)
BUT, feeling pretty good right now! Also feeling pretty amazed that I've actually made it through the first week and am still feeling really motivated, despite some bad behaviour. You guys are the best - when I stuff up, I have been jumping on the forum and reading up on everyone else's progress - keeps me going!

Also measured myself - don't think I've done that since I was in my 20's (sigh).

Chest (bust? boobs? whatever) 132cm
Waist 116cm
Hips 128cm
Upper Arm 32cm
Thigh 67cm
Neck 38cm

Gotta tell you, while I'm unhappy with all the above, the neck measurement is the one that really blew me away.
I used to have this pathetically thin neck that people made fun of - now I've got a neck like the incredible hulk. No wonder
I can't stand wearing necklaces any longer.....

Anyway, off to the treadmill to do penance for last night. Hope everyone's had a good week!
Sharon
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby new*me » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:58 am

not a bad effort at all and given that you had only one slip in the first week, then thats even better. I am on day 3 here and my kids are eating the last of their easter eggs (aahhhh I want it so much). My 4 yr old looked at me and said mummy u can't eat choc anymore.....remember. If only my adult friends were that vigilant.

Good luck in the coming weeks, look forward to see continued success from you :)
[center]On the road to a happier, healthier me
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wpBaclp/]
[/url][/center]
new*me

Postby ~Rose~ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:04 pm

3kg loss for your first week is excellent, you should be really proud of that :D WELL DONE!!!
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby holly80 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:28 pm

wow 3 kilos what a great loss. Dont beat your self up about the wine and food you had that night. Did you have a good night? Thats all that matters. You can let your hair down every so often. Just dont do it all the time.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. I did have fun on Friday night - just need to make sure it doesn't become a weekly thing again!
:wink:
Sharon
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby holly80 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:55 pm

Fat Bottomed Girl wrote:Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. I did have fun on Friday night - just need to make sure it doesn't become a weekly thing again!
:wink:

Thats the hard part, but with the positive attitude you seem to have you should be able to do it.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby opal630 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:55 pm

Well done on the huge loss Sharon. You're off to a fantastic start.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Not a very good day today - had myself a little "moment", feeling all sad and depressed, and thought screw it, I'm going to have some chocolate. (Easter eggs, smug little b*stards, sitting around taunting me for the past couple of weeks!) So, I'm lying on my bed reading a book and eating chocolate when I'm thinking - this is where I normally give up. And I'm not going to this time.

Anyway, decided to go outside and do some (really overdue) gardening. Felt much better just being outside. I'm thinking I should take some before and after photos of both me AND my garden - see which one gets in shape first! I'm thinking the garden, given that I can barely move right now....

Also resisted the urge to have a drink (or ten) this evening. Currently sipping the Diet Zero (definitely not a Moscow Mule, goddamnit) - although I hear that vodka might actually be better for me than the Zero. Hmmmm? (NO, NO, NO)

Sorry - a bit of a wallow in self pity. Thanks for listening.

"The Dragon"
Sharon
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Czarina » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Well done on leaving the chocolate to go outside and get stuck into the garden. That is a great sign! It looks like you really are ready to take this weight loss journey on! I think that was the thing for me, I had really had enough and decided just to go for it. Looking forward to seeing your progress :D
Czarina

Postby Tarz » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Well done on not having a drink or 10.... and sticking to the zero.
Fat Bottomed Girl wrote:Anyway, decided to go outside and do some (really overdue) gardening. Felt much better just being outside. I'm thinking I should take some before and after photos of both me AND my garden - see which one gets in shape first! I'm thinking the garden, given that I can barely move right now....

hahaha.... The weightloss will be great for you and your garden, what a win win. :D
Tarz

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Got myself a dilemma! My old scales only registered in 500g, so I went out and bought scales with 100g graduations. Guess what! I weigh more on the new scales! :shock: Now, what to do? Do I continue with the old scales, (which are now my favourite), or bite the bullet and start with the new scales now? Thing is, the old scales and my doctors scales were pretty much the same......
Sharon
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous