It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

Sharon's Stats

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sharon's Stats

Postby Cac33 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 am

I know how you feel! I bought new scales about 6 weeks ago & they showed 3.5kgs more than my old scales :evil:
I was horrified! But new scales show down to the 100gms so I put my ego aside & reset my ticker & was more motivated to get rid of it.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:20 am

Fat Bottomed Girl wrote:Thing is, the old scales and my doctors scales were pretty much the same

I think thats your answer there. The doctor would surely have correct scales.
Tarz

Postby holly80 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Scales SUCK.. I hate them lol.... I was so obessed with them a few years ago and would weigh a few times a day. luckly now i weigh once if that and only take the reading on a friday morning. That way i know I can have a treat or not lol .... If i dont have at least 1 take away a week it wont work for me.

If i was you I would start measuring on your new scales. It will encoaurage you to work a little harder hey...

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:41 am

I'm with you, Holly - I hate scales too lol. And they seem to hate me right back :mrgreen:

I've decided that I'll go with the new scales - at least I'll get a definite reading, instead of it flicking back and forwards between the 1/2 kg! And I'll just have to wear the extra ***** 4kg ******!!!!!!!!!! that they are registering :shock: :shock: :shock: Kinda makes me feel like I'm back where I started....

I missed weigh in this morning - took my daughter to work (I'm sure she'll get her licence any minute now!) and
went for a facial - didn't even think about it (duh!) When I did think about it, there was no way in the world I was going to weigh in early afternoon. This last week has been TTOM and my daughter's B'day, so probably not a great week anyway.
I think I'm going to need all the help I can get, so I'll wait until tomorrow morning, for the first thing in the morning, naked weigh in (sorry, waaayyy TMI)

Wish me luck!
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:53 am

OK, weigh in number 2.

Not so great. Old (favourite!) scales are flicking between 100kg & 100.5kg - so a loss of somewhere between 500g and 1kg.
HOWEVER, new scales are showing 103.9kg :evil:

Sooo, I'm going to stick with the new scales - no more weighing in with one set then the other!

Better go adjust my ticker huh?

Got my daughter's birthday party tonight. I'm going to try to minimise the damage, but not too confident. Eating is a big social thing in my family - and I haven't told any of them that I'm changing my habits! (Who needs that kind of scrutiny?? :D )

Have a good week, everybody.
Sharon
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:13 am

Damn! Updated my ticker and now I'm back over 40 bmi. Oh well, more incentive to stay focused this week (post party :oops: )
Sharon
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Cac33 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:33 am

Good luck with the party tonight! Parties are always hard so do your best to keep yourself occupied so you don't snack as much.

I just replied to you about the scales in my thread...can't think exactly what I wrote so maybe you'll just have to read it (sorry I think my head is going to explode).

Have a good time at the party anyway :D
Cass

Cac33

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:26 pm

Fat Bottomed Girl wrote:Damn! Updated my ticker and now I'm back over 40 bmi. Oh well, more incentive to stay focused this week (post party :oops: )

It wont be for long Sharon ;)

Thank you for your lovely PM (((BIG HUGS)))
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby opal630 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Scales do totally suck, mine gives me about 3 kilos more than anyone else's scales. I went on holidays last year and thought I was doing pretty good cause I weighed myself a couple of times on other people's scales and I hadn't put on any weight... got a rude shock when I got back home. At least tape measures don't lie.

I would recommend you eat something healthy prior to your daughter's birthday party tonight. It's too easy to eat whatever is in sight if you're hungry and there is nothing healthy to eat.

Well done on your loss for the week, 1/2 - 1 kilo is a good loss, you'll be back under 40 on your BMI in no time.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby Czarina » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:35 am

When I got new scales last year, I realised my old ones were out by 10kg. And, yep, of course the old ones had to be 10kg under! I nearly cried!
Czarina

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:38 am

Hi Beautiful People!

Weigh in day....

Last Week 103.9kg
This Week 102.8kg
Loss of 1.1kg - YAY!!!!

Really thought I would put on this week - totally lost it. A bit of an emotional week with the fam, so wasn't really paying attention to what I was eating, and NO exercise at all :( . Kind of got myself together by Friday and hopefully now back on track.
Nothing like a loss to motivate, right?!

Czarina, I think if there'd been a difference of 10kg with the new scales, I would have thrown them out the window! (And probably wallowed in a big bag of Maltesers)

Still being able to loose weight this week, even with a bit of a blow out, really makes me wonder just how much rubbish I used to eat when I wasn't paying attention.....
Now, how much more can I lose if I get my act together with regular exercise 8)

How do you translate intentions into action? I made myself a promise that I would spend 30 minutes on the treadmill every day last week, but didn't get on it once! And no excuse about it getting too dark, too cold, too wet etc - that's why I got the treadie in the first place.
Sharon
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Still being able to loose weight this week, even with a bit of a blow out, really makes me wonder just how much rubbish I used to eat when I wasn't paying attention.....
Now, how much more can I lose if I get my act together with regular exercise

Hey Sharon FANTASTIC result considering your week.... I totally agree with what you said above... I was amazed at how quickly my weight came off the first 5 weeks and then I remembered all the crap I had eaten in the weeks leading up to it.

With your exercise try doing a "sticker chart" like we used to have as kids. If you complete 5 out of 7 days then you can treat yourself with something eg... neck Massage, piece of clothing or even 1 hour soak in the bath with aromatherapy oils if money is tight. It doesn't have to cost a fortune. My goal this week is to do 15 mins on my elliptical trainer a day and my treat will be a $5 neck massage from one of the little booths at Marion shopping centre...

Keep up the great work

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby Cac33 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Sharon you must be stoked with 1.1kgs! That will definately give you the boost you need to get on the treadie next week & pull another great number.

Thats some great advise from Kaz about treating yourself to something little each week if you do at least 5 out 7 days exercising.

Don't worry about your blow out last week, its in the past & these things happen. Chin up matey & look forward to next week :D
Cass

Cac33

Postby opal630 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Great loss Sharon! You'll be back under 40 BMI next week :D
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby ~Rose~ » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am

1.1kg is great Sharon :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous