It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:10 am

Free Newsletter

HELP!!!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

HELP!!!!

Postby stace_22 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:25 pm

I was never over weight before i fell pregnant with my daughter 2 & 1/2 yrs ago, i have always been able to eat anything and not gain weight
i reached 101kgs while pregnant with her and have not been able to shift it. i gained another 15kg while pregnant with my son who's 6 mths now, but i lost all that by the time he was 4wks old.
i don't eat much, never have, i excersie every night i do 20min on the bike, 15 mins of varied situps and another 30 mins with the excersise ball and isoballs.
i still havn't lost weight, i was on duromine for 3mths and lost 6 kgs i'm now 95kg, but being a single mum i can not afford to continue taking them, i am wanting to know is there anything stronger than duromine, cheaper, or available online. duromine has been the only thing that has ever actually worked, i have tried weight watchers, optifast, tony ferg, xantrax, fatblaster, slim & detox programs, celebrity slim and others but nothing has worked.
i'm not after a miracle remedy, i am after somthing that truly works.

i don't want to hear "change your eating habits, cut out this and that" like i said i don't eat much i already calorie count i only have 1000 cals a day,
i don't eat junk, like take away lollies or soft drink.

the only 'bad' things i belive i do is smoke and occasionally drink.

if any one has any real advice, i would really like to hear it.

thanks for your time.
Stace_22
stace_22

Re: HELP!!!!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but what do you expect us to tell you? There is no miracle cure, weight loss takes hard work.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby GumBoots » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:33 pm

Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? 1000 cals a day doesnt sound much for a person 95kgs. Your body is possibly storing fat because it thinks it is starving. Possibly eating more could help.
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby stace_22 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:38 pm

I am approx 174cm, i don't starve myself, i'm never actually hungry
Stace_22
stace_22

Postby GumBoots » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:43 pm

stace_22 wrote:I am approx 174cm, i don't starve myself, i'm never actually hungry
Nope didnt say you starved yourself but to be honest to lose weight we need to eat. And if your not hungry you may have to make yourself eat. I HATE eating breakfast. Makes me feel sick but I do it because I need too.
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby Tarz » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi Stace,

I think you are looking at this weight loss thing all wrong. I'm glad your not looking for a mericle remedy because they don't exist. 1000 calories is too little for you I saw on your intro that you are 174cm which is roughly my height and i have to have 1200 calories. I think your eating to liitle and your body is in starvation mode (just because your in this mode doesn't mean you'll feel hungry) Try eating a bit more or eat a few foods higher in calories. Make sure you are eating the right foods and drinking plenty of water.
stace_22 wrote:i don't want to hear "change your eating habits, cut out this and that" like i said i don't eat much i already calorie count i only have 1000 cals a day,
i don't eat junk, like take away lollies or soft drink.

No one likes to be told that especially when you feel you have done that and not been succesfull. I won't tell you to cut anything out because you sound like you eat well already (just eat more)
stace_22 wrote:i don't eat much, never have, i excersie every night i do 20min on the bike, 15 mins of varied situps and another 30 mins with the excersise ball and isoballs.

The exercise sounds good just make sure you start to really sweat when you do it. Some people will sit on a bike and slowly peddle for 20 minutes and say "yup thats it i'm done" as long as you are sweating you will be making a difference. Remeber it doesn't happen over night. And also the faster you take weight off the faster it will go back on. Its safest to lose .5kg to 1kg a week.
Maybe when you went through your pregnancy your metabolism changed and thats why the weight is harder to shift? Just keep sweating it out and be persistent and you will see a difference. it will just take time. I really hope you are succesful, i know how disheartening it can be to have so many things fail. We are all here to support you as long as you do it properly.
Good luck, I'm sure you can do it.
Tarz

Postby stace_22 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:01 pm

thankyou

i usually start the first 5-mins at a medium speed then the last 10mins at a fast speed i do sweat,
i also ride horses 3-4 times a week and play netball on saturdays.

i know it doesn't happen overn night i just thought something might of happened in the last 2 & 1/2 yrs.
Stace_22
stace_22

Postby Tarz » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:04 pm

Don't get disheartened. You'll get there and we'll support you on your way.
I love netball, my team just folded :( Its great work out especially when you do lots of pointless running like i do.
And i haven't been horse riding in years!
Tarz

Postby stace_22 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:10 pm

i used to ride horses when i was younger about 14 and as a result i found muscles then that i didn't know i had, i had visable muscles in my back, a six pack and all which is why i started again it is a great workout, as is netball. my family is pretty active, with sports and the outdoors. i definatley don't belive i am unfit, just over weight.
Stace_22
stace_22

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:11 am

Two and a half years is a long plateau, but maybe if you view this weight stagnation as a plateau you may find ways of busting it.

The body is an amazing thing. To prevent us all from starving to death in hard times it learns very quickly to adjust. If you cycle for 20 minutes per day after a while the body finds ways of doing it more efficiently so you no longer lose weight doing it. If you feed your body 1200 calories per day it soon adjusts its metabolism so you don't lose weight doing it. You need to shake your body up a bit. Do something completely different that it's not used to in order to make it start losing weight again.

The best source I've found for beating plateaus is SparkPeople. It helped me through a plateau at the start of the year. It turned out I was eating too few calories and my body went into starvation mode. If you go below 1200 calories per day it will slow your metabolism to the slowest rate possible to stop you from starving to death. Irritating, yes, but useful back in neolithic times I'm sure! I ended up increasing my calorie intake and introducing weights to my exercise routine and it shook me out of my rut. One of the tips some people here gave me was the idea of calorie cycling. So that your body doesn't adjust to your calorie intake make sure that you don't eat the same number of calories per day. Have at least one day per week where you eat more calories to give your metabolism a jump start.
(Article on calorie cycling: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... i_83343022 )

The other thing to consider is portion control. A few years ago I couldn't understand why I'd gained so much weight. I ate a very healthy diet, with few sweets and almost no junk food. I walked everywhere. Turns out it was my portions to blame. Even with the healthiest food imaginable if you're piling your plate up then going back for seconds you will find that weight hard to shift! This may not be your problem, especially as you've already tried Weight Watchers and that's one of the first things they teach you, but I thought it would be worth mentioning just in case.

You've been doing all the right things, but all the right things in the same way for far too long from the sounds of things. You may need to make a dramatic change to make your body start losing weight again.

Here is the link to the SparkPeople articles that helped me ( http://www.sparkpeople.com/community/as ... ts.asp?q=8 ). I hope they help you too! Good luck and let us know how you get on.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous