It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:13 am

Free Newsletter

Back on wagon, for TTC in March!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Back on wagon, for TTC in March!

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:23 pm

In physiology, the primary ions of electrolytes are sodium (Na+), potassium (K+), calcium (Ca2+), magnesium (Mg2+), chloride (Cl-), phosphate (PO43-), and hydrogen carbonate (HCO3-). The electric charge symbols of plus (+) and minus (-) indicate that the substance in question is ionic in nature and has an imbalanced distribution of electrons. This is the result of chemical dissociation.

All higher lifeforms require a subtle and complex electrolyte balance between the intracellular and extracellular milieu. In particular, the maintenance of precise osmotic gradients of electrolytes is important. Such gradients affect and regulate the hydration of the body, blood pH, and are critical for nerve and muscle function. Various mechanisms have evolved in living species that keep the concentrations of different electrolytes under tight control.

Both muscle tissue and neurons are considered electric tissues of the body. Muscles and neurons are activated by electrolyte activity between the extracellular fluid or interstitial fluid, and intracellular fluid. Electrolytes may enter or leave the cell membrane through specialized protein structures embedded in the plasma membrane called ion channels. For example, muscle contraction is dependent upon the presence of calcium (Ca2+), sodium (Na+), and potassium (K+). Without sufficient levels of these key electrolytes, muscle weakness or severe muscle contractions may occur.

Electrolyte balance is maintained by oral, or in emergencies, intravenous (IV) intake of electrolyte-containing substances, and is regulated by hormones, generally with the kidneys flushing out excess levels. In humans, electrolyte homeostasis is regulated by hormones such as antidiuretic hormone, aldosterone and parathyroid hormone. Serious electrolyte disturbances, such as dehydration and overhydration, may lead to cardiac and neurological complications and, unless they are rapidly resolved, will result in a medical emergency

This is copied from wikipedia... Sorry didn't mean to confuse you

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby chubbywife79 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Thanks Kaz, even though it got me confused which isn't that hard to do. I'm so tired today because I didn't get to sleep to 4am this morning because I had pizza and 2 glasses of coke last night. When comes to caffine it keep me awake at night and take me a long time to come down.

Because we want to TTC hubby seem to be more on board this time round because we got a goal to work to. When we went to the shops today he was going to buy some lollies but changed his mind because he knew I wasn't going to buy any.
chubbywife79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:30 pm

It's great that your hubby is being so supportive. It will make your weight loss journey so much easier in the long run!

Sorry to hear you couldn't sleep last night. I hate it when that happens. I was up until at 6am with back pain so I know where you're coming from! Have you tried caffeine free diet Coke instead of normal Coke? I know some people can't stand the taste but I quite like it.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby chubbywife79 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:50 pm

I have tried caffine free diet coke but be drinking it once the month up. Worse thing I did was I slept most of the day today. I'm so tired still. I just see how I go.
chubbywife79

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:31 pm

I been sticking to the diet today, haven't went over my calories today and still need to eat my fruit. Haven't drank much water today because I wasn't that thirsty.

Not much happened today to report. Haven't had any energy today despite I had a great sleep last night. Been having a bit of headache and just taking it easy.

Can't wait for dinner tonight we having a roast beef with roast vegges tonight. Yummo!
chubbywife79

Postby holly80 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Yummm how was dinner last night. I would love some of that now, its so cold. Hows your head aches now? i hope you had a good day :D

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby chubbywife79 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Yep dinner was yummy. It been pretty cold here to as well. My head ache went when I took some nurophen.

For some reason I still haven't drank any water today. Don't know why, I just seem to not be thirsty today. Today I cleaned up my bedroom and done some gardening. Since we planning to rip up all our plants so we can start some landscaping on it.

Today I ate pretty good:

Breakfast: porridge and banana
Lunch: 2x sandwich with left over roast beef and tomato
Dinner: Pork chops, fried rice and veges.
Snack: tea
chubbywife79

Postby opal630 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:04 am

I'm jealous, I so wish I had a garden but it's a little while off for me. I can imagine gardening would be pretty good exercise. What are you planning on planting?
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:24 am

We planning to plant some veges patch, put a cage up so we can get some chicken and put a spa in as well. We also got so much to do before TTC. I actually don't mind gardening.

I stopped using CK and going to just watch my portion until I can afford to do Lite and Easy or KM which ever cheapest.
chubbywife79

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:11 pm

I forgot to eat breakfast today. Went for a walk to the shops with hubby now my ankle killing me. I think I over done it by walking to fast! Took some pain relief and resting. Brought some Dorito's for a snack compared to what I normally buy burger rings and junk like that. So far had 2 glasses of water.
chubbywife79

Postby holly80 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:54 pm

I havnt looked on CK but are doritos bad for you in the calorie intake? I am sure there better then some other treat food out there?? Well done on going for a walk

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:17 pm

They better for you only if you eat a little amount.

Well tomorrow I won't be online for awhile for personal reasons. I not leaving like I did before just need to sort some stuff out. I should be back soon hopefully 3 weeks or less.
chubbywife79

Postby Kaz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:06 pm

Ok will look forward to seeing you back. Hope everything is ok and good luck with your weight loss while you are away....

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby lng86 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:46 pm

Best of luck with everything!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:46 pm

Looking forward to your return. I hope you manage to sort out that stuff in the meantime.
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous