It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

CC's new start

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

CC's new start

Postby candycane » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Blahdiddly blah blah. I'm startin over AGAIN hehe.

Lets see, i think a combination of christmas, easter, going away and social gatherings have made me not only fall off the bandwagon, but run in the complete opposite direction! :oops:

I've managed to go up to about 86/87 then gently pace my way back down to 83 :P where i have remained for the last few weeks :x but that's okay because plateuaing is what i do best.

i'm trying really hard though reading all you dude's and dudette's posts have helped me realise AGAIN that im not the only one struggling and its part of the process.

Okay hope u all enjoy your weekends :) x
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Re: CC's new start

Postby opal630 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Welcome back Candy Cane, well done on knocking off the 4 kilos.

You're not a Pinky and the Brain fan are you?
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby candycane » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:21 pm

haha i was when i was a teenager and it crossed my mind as i was writing my signature :)

its good to be back :D
candycane

Postby LillyPilly » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:54 pm

Good Luck.

Well done on your loss.
LillyPilly

Postby candycane » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:52 pm

thanks lillypilly. I find it really really hard to get past the 80 mark, any suggestions?
candycane

Postby LillyPilly » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:30 pm

candycane wrote:thanks lillypilly. I find it really really hard to get past the 80 mark, any suggestions?

The only suggestions I have is to track your food and be consistent.

I am counting Weight Watcher points. I find it a lot easier than counting calories and it is very easy.
LillyPilly

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:21 pm

We should form a plateau club. I swear it's my favourite hobby!

I found this article (http://www.sparkpeople.com/community/as ... ts.asp?q=8) on Spark People helped me kick a five week plateau I was stuck on ages ago. The 'plateau busters' pages it links to list a lot of different reasons and solutions for plateaus so hopefully you'll find something to help you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:17 am

thanks girls :)

i definately think i need to do more exercise. It was just hard at the moment i've been really tired and feeling sick not sure why im thinking it could be due to me cutting out a lot of caffeine out of my diet.

Well it's going okay i think i may have lost a kilo finallly (sneaky peek at the scale but u know its not official weigh in til tomorrow anyway).

Yesterday i had:

wheetbix with soy milky light and berries and honey. Banana at morning tea time, lunch was chicken n corn soup (campells microwaveable kind) then i had a pear and an apple in the afternoon with a low fat elivae yoghurt. For dinner i made chow mein for the family, didnt eat rice put it with lettuce instead :) then i had a hot chocolate before bed (with light milk, half water and it was a choco lait thing). I think thats pretty good. At the moment i'm trying to look at my sodium intake and carb intake. I also had my one coffee for the day in the morning and two teas with skim milk. I drank about a litre of water (750mls-a litre)

Anyways going to read that article nows :) thanks for your suggestions :)
candycane

Postby lng86 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:23 am

Did you eat enough vegies?!?!?!

Sounds good to me!

You seem to have things under control!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Booties » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:53 pm

welcome back :)

I was on here a while back under a diff name but just like with you i have been stuck on this darn plateau for like 4mths ha ha and am ready to lose more weight :)

Pinky and the Brain rocked!

Hows things going atm for you? hows your eating and your workouts? what are you doing for those?

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby candycane » Thu May 01, 2008 11:10 am

Hi guys,

Ing86: Yup i think i need more veggies and possibly some form of multi vitamin. I usually eat a big portion of veggies at dinner time but i used to mostly eat salad rolls for lunch so i probably should have a salad or something when i have a soup. I dont like raw carrot/celery to snack on. Perhaps a good idea would maybe be juices, i used to have a carrot/celery/parsley/orange/apple/ginger fresh juice every day :) yeah i think i'll do that to up the veggie portion.

Exercise has been nil at the moment, its due to a combination of work uni and playing mum though (mum had an operation so i've been cooking cleaning and washing to help her out for my family) but she's getting better so i can ease up a bit. I was doing my cardio kick box dvd and my abs diet workout dvd alternating and using the treadmill, but i just havent had the time (or energy) im massively lacking in energy at the moment. :oops:

I'm planning on rejoining the gym but not sure now which one to join! Preferably womens i think. Before it was a money issue but im back on top now, and generally i exercise more frequently if i pay for it and its convenient to stop by for an hour or so after work each day. Fitness first scares me :?

And the good news is i lost 1 kilo this week!! i've been really careful about eating (i ate out TWICE this week and still managed to lose so im excited about that). :D

Booties: haha i feel ya totally. Damn plateus, like EWQ sed we need to form a club :) i definately need to up the exercise anti. Im trying to eat mostly fresh foods ie the non processed kinds, but i havent limited my diet to just that. Im also concentrating on timing my eating so i dont eat a couple of hours before bed. And portion control :oops:
candycane

Postby lng86 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:47 pm

That's a great idea about the vegie juices. Good thinking!

And I also think joining a gym sounds awesome.

Congratulations on the 1kg loss! Keep up the great work!

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Booties » Thu May 01, 2008 4:00 pm

woooot go the 1 kilo, go very very far away :p

We tried the more 'real' product eating, but found that it was costing us more and that we had to make more stuff, which we havent had time to do. Also my hubby started eating the whole foods and had 1 thing that wasnt and felt very sick. So we decided to stick to healthy foods but not ignore processed stuff :) just limit it.

let me know how that goes for you :)

YAY ADD ME TO THE CLUB! we should get hats!

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby LillyPilly » Thu May 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Congratulations on the 1kg loss.

Your eating sounds good and sensible.

I like your idea of vegetable juice.

I will have to copy you on that.
LillyPilly

Postby candycane » Fri May 02, 2008 9:46 am

thanks girls hehe

Rach (I KNOW YOUUUU) i think we should get id cards too :P and they should give us discounts to food stores and the like.

Im really hungry at the moment. I'm going to the doctors this morning finally to see what's wrong with me, bee nauseus a lot for the last few weeks, tired, irritable, shaky, blah blah so i decided to ask what's up with that. And ask him sum embarassing stuff :oops:

will let you all know how it goes

veggie juice rules. Get a whole portion in one drink :)
candycane

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous