It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Free Newsletter

CC's new start

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC's new start

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:10 pm

I think I'll start following your PT's advice too! Dinner around here seems to be getting later and later, and given the boy has to go to bed early because of his odd working hours that's not good for either of us. I'll try to get dinner ready for about 6pm and have some soup later in the evening if I get hungry.

I can't wait to see the lentil soup recipe. I LOVE lentil soup and a lemony flavoured one sounds fab!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Special K have pilates dvds in their packs at the moments - I've got two of them, and have done one so far - it's not bad! There are three different ones, and the one I haven't got is a yoga/pilates combo. It is about a half hour workout - maybe check it out?

Lisa x

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi CC - just stopping by to say 'hey' :)

Here's a really yummy and fresh lentil soup I've made a few times: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/13758/c ... entil+soup
It was quite easy to make, too - very important for a doofus in the kitchen like me :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:58 am

milkyway wrote:Hi CC - just stopping by to say 'hey' :)

Here's a really yummy and fresh lentil soup I've made a few times: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/13758/c ... entil+soup
It was quite easy to make, too - very important for a doofus in the kitchen like me :)

Sadly I don't eat chicken or yoghurt so I can't make that recipe. It looks like it would be delicious for people who do eat those things though! Thanks for posting the link, San!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:30 am

Hay there CC! Just popping in to say hello as I haven't been around the traps lately. You and I are around the same weight now having lost around the same amount as well - so I am going to watch your progress with great interest!!!!!

You are doing so well - keep it up!

Michelle
xx
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby candycane » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:53 am

Hi ladies!

To start i'd like to say that eating was going great til i ate some violet crumble hahaha but not heaps, and on the chocolate food chain i really think theyre on the lower end of the scale. My dad had a packet of the ones in pieces rather than a whole bar so i had a few while watching the end of the footie :oops: although other than that i didnt eat anything bad, for dinner i had pasta sauce with brown rice at about 6:10pm which was nice and early and the violet crumble bits at about 9:30ish. So although its a bad snack food the timeing was right! haha.

Today: brekky: porridge and tea with skim milk. Soy flat white, lunch will be lentil soup. I have a green apple for a snack in about 30 mins, and for my arvo snack i have a mandarin and my pieces of carrot i left at home yesterday!!

Exercise was 0 yesterday (break day) and i don't think i'll have time tonight but tomorrow im going to try cycle and fat burn together. My friend at the gym will save me a pass :) [i always get there too late from work and it fills up fast] im scared of cycle though because im always crap on bikes, but i'll speak to the instructer about form and stuff and hopefully she'll have some pointers i think most of the exercise goes to my quads rather than the whole leg.

If you want a way to prevent snacking brush your teeth or have mints on had - i find food always tastes bad after i brush my teeth or have a mint

that's how i quit smokeing!! Will make the soup over the weekend. I got tons of recipes to try from this site and a couple out of this site so i will let u all know and post the successes for all u soup lovers to try :)

I LOVE lentil soup and a lemony flavoured one sounds fab!

me too the lemon gives it a slight kick rather than an overpowering flavour, i think some people also use tobasco or both. Its a greek soup, i'll definately give u the recipe, i would post it now but i want to alter it when i make it, i've combined two recipes due to the fat content in one, and not enough spices in the other. Its a vegan recipe so you'll love it ali :)

Special K have pilates dvds in their packs at the moments

hi lisa, i think i'll be buying some special k :P i never eat it though haha. Yoga/pilates combination sounds good though i really need something to regularly stretch my muscles so i get a good long lean muscle. My PT also said that make sure u do squats at full range otherwise u only build up one muscle and it creates a bunched up look (which us ladies dont want!)

It was quite easy to make, too - very important for a doofus in the kitchen like me

hahahaha, i love easy recipes so i'll definately have to try it. My family prefers meat so this might be a good one to try on them :) thanks san and *waves* hi! Ali, perhaps u could make it with extra beans (like the 3 bean mix) and no yoghurt? i think the yoghurt is probably to dull the chilli a bit so maybe lessen chilli or put a soy substitute or no fat coconut milk?

Hay there CC! Just popping in to say hello as I haven't been around the traps lately. You and I are around the same weight now having lost around the same amount as well - so I am going to watch your progress with great interest!!!!!

Hi michelle :D thanks for stopping by! It's always good to have someone around the same weight to loose! we can motivate eachother. I'll have to haunt your thread a bit from now on :)

Thanks for all your replies guys :) great advice and support as always! i might have to give myself a 3 week challenge. i want to get rid of my thighs so maybe a few cycle classes are in order.

xxxxx to all you lovelly ladies
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby candycane » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:40 pm

chelle darlin do u have a new thread? I cant find it! let me know if u do xx
candycane

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:06 pm

ok so today for eating has been good, yesterday was good UNTIL THE COOKIE DOUGH@@!! why do i always start off so good! i even made myself a rendition of spinich and ricotta lasagne (fromt he recipes section) had no sheets so used wholemeal pasta, came out pretty good but is lacking in some department i havent figured out what i need to do, i think it needs some type of extra sauce. ANYWAY

porridge for brekky, no snack, lunch lentil soup with brown toast, skim tea, soy flat white, green tea, red zinger tea. Tonight will be left over lasagne. I have a house warming so i might drink some red wine there (bf is driving teehee!) and tonight im doing my first spin class! wish me luck! sunday is going to be difficult. Some form of cooking festival im attending somewhere (bfs idea). Tomorrow will be fine though.

So last night was great until i went to my mates place and her hubbie was baking cookies and we ate the left over dough which wasnt HEAPS but still, not good and two cookies :oops: i feel so bad i feel like im completely undoing all my good work!!!! i needbetter will power :(

ok will make it up in the gym. My mate said i'd shrunk since i last saw her, mum told me i was lookin skinny! too bad about my tummy and thighs :( that's what spins for though i guess. I'll ask the trainer what she thinks.

My Victorias secret arrived today! yay! if the bras get too big i'll add hooks and stuff my bra :P LOL

xx
candycane

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Yay for your Victoria's Secret order arriving. Normally I insist on photos for all new purchases but you'll be happy to know I won't be demanding them in this instance! :lol:

Don't worry too much about the cookie dough. I'm sure you can factor it in to your weekly treat allowance and you'll still manage to lose weight.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:56 pm

lol!! i'd totally show, but i think my bf wouldnt appreciate me photographing myself in my viccies n putting it on the web ;)

its just every day i go reallly well, then do something stupid like the cookie dough! i did pretty well last night at the house warming, first i went to cycle class for the first time which was awesome i loved it. Then with a sore bum i went to the house warming and bf n i had a few drinks and i only ate like two bbq chicken skewer things (which was breast chicken) and like two corn chips, and two little pieces of bread dip. I ate the remainder of my lasagne (which wasnt much after my bro 'tried' it) so that i wouldnt go crazy munching on finger food. I also had one glass of champagne, one red wine and two glasses of punch. Which actually affected me quite a lot hehehe. It was fun though :)

Food: breakfast, skim milk tea, two pieces wholegrain toast, scrambled eggs (1 egg 1 egg white skim milk salt n pepper) and 10mls of devondale (6gs fat). I also have had a skim soy hot chocolate (98% ff jarrah) and a bran muffin (i made with wholemeal flour and special k lol).

exercise: yesterday was spin class, today was 30 mins cardio and 60 mins pilates (at the gym) i missed pump unfortunately which means i'll have to go tomorrow and do pump, and i might do the 30 mins boxing express as well :P. I'm going swimming for 30-60mins this afternoon (laps, frestyle, backstroke and using the kick board).

hopefully i'll see a difference on the scales next tuesday, but really i've been doing so much strength that i cant see myself loosing much :( lol its funny how we value our weight loss against the scales. I'll do my measurements i think that'll be a better indication.

xx
candycane

Postby candycane » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:03 am

hey guys keepin myself accountable as usual.

Saturday was a good day for exercise and food, i went really well and made low fat chicken pies for dinner :) and didn't eat anything else after. However, was going to do pump sunday morning but was unable to because i went out with bf and friends n ate so many goodies and because i had such a good day i dont feel guilty about it lol. I dont even want to think about the amount of calories, but at least it was a one off so i'll do spin and fat burn tonight to make up for it :?

still havent taken my measurements i feel so slack! met up with one of my old mates saturday and he was like you look so beautiful! didnt think you could look more beautiful then u did before! which i thought was lovelly of him :) nice to get a compliment u know.

ok

Food: breakfast = porridge; skim milk tea; soy flat white; lunch will be soup and toast; dinner prolly whatevers in the freezer because i wont get home from the gym til 8ish. I want to make the lentil soup tonight for the rest of the week so i need something quick :)

ok thanks for 'listening' guys xx
candycane

Postby Tarz » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:11 am

CC your doing great. Your making such an effort to make the soup for lunch, and make healthy dinners and do the exercise! Even when you do have night of goodies you still don't go overboard. That compliment from your old friend was really nice.
I can't wait to do a spin class at my gym, still waiting for the spin bikes to turn up, they keep telling me it will be soon.
Have a great day!
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:28 am

CC you have so much motivation it's inspiring! You're always at the gym & doing such a variety of classes.

Nice one about the compliment from your friend. It really brightens your day doesn't it?
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby candycane » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Hey guys :)

lunch was good as usual. I've been so hungry lately! Wayyyy to cold :)

I can't wait to do a spin class at my gym, still waiting for the spin bikes to turn up, they keep telling me it will be soon.

hehe my bottom still hurts from the seat!! it was really hard going but geez 500 calories in 45 minutes im not complaining :P

CC you have so much motivation it's inspiring! You're always at the gym & doing such a variety of classes.

Its because i feel like going if i tell myself its fun haha, not really, the classes are a lot more fun then just using the machines. That way there's a whole bunch of u and u get used to the regulars n stuff :)

And the compliment was good, it made me feel like i was actually getting somewhere. Everyone said its suprising how quickly since going to the gym the weight has been coming off me. Its really cool :)
candycane

Postby Tarz » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:06 pm

candycane wrote:Its because i feel like going if i tell myself its fun haha, not really, the classes are a lot more fun then just using the machines. That way there's a whole bunch of u and u get used to the regulars n stuff

I know exactly what you mean,people remeber your when you do a class, and if you don't go to one they comment on it. Plus there is the fact that on the machines you can get off at anytime where as you don't feel right leaving a class halfway through.
Tarz

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous