It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Free Newsletter

holly's jorney to a 10 kilo loss

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

holly's jorney to a 10 kilo loss

Postby holly80 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Yes, I am back. I thought it would be more encouraging to start a new thread and put the past weight loss journey behind me. This time round, I am going to try and have a new attitude and some new goals.
Instead of trying to lose 20 kilos. I am aiming for 10kg, which will being me back down to 76kg.Then from there I will see what my next goal weight will be. I am not going to concentrate on actually being on a diet as such. I am going to think about it as a new way of life. I am just going to try to eat well, cut out alot of carbs and exercise a few times a week and then gradually work more and more harder at it. i think half my problem is i go full ball and just cant do it so i give up completly.
so anyway I am back and will be trying really hard. I have also made the decision if i cant do it this way then I am going to try tony fergerson and see how that goes.
After a week if bindging and really not caring, its made me realise I cant live life that way and need to start feeling confident about myself and this is the first step towards me feeling great and me trying for a baby in a few months time.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: holly's jorney to a 10 kilo loss

Postby ali76 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:33 pm

Well done hun...I'm so proud of you for coming back.

Just remember that this is not easy!! If it was, this forum wouldn't exist and we'd all be the 'perfect' body shape and weight - what ever that may be. There's probably not one person on the forum who have never slipped up or thought they couldn't do it.

Try not to put so much pressure on yourself....find out what works for you. We're all here to support, encourage and help you....you dont have to do it alone!

Welcome back....I'm with you every step of the way.

Big hugs
xoxoxox
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby holly80 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:43 pm

thanks ali..

i suppose one thing which stopped me coming on was that its hard seeing all you guys loosing weight and i seem to be the only one not being able to do it. I mean I am toally happy for you all but its just hard if yo know what i mean...

not any more though lol. i will prove it to myself... :D and looking foward to it

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby opal630 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Hey Holly, don't worry you're not the only one who finds it hard to lose weight. I've been on here since November, it's taken me almost 6 months to lose 9 kilos, at the end of the year I put back on jst about all I'd lost in November and December and my weight loss some weeks is zilch. If my weight goes up a little now and then I just put it out of my mind and tell myself I'll get it back down next week.

You just need to keep at it, you'll start getting there and don't compare your weightloss to anyone else's.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon May 12, 2008 12:16 am

Glad to see you back Holly!

Hang in there - everyone's journey is different, most of us stop and start and plateau (I'm plateau queen at the moment) but the main thing is to just keep trying, and with all the positive support, we'll all get there in the end, and that will be the BEST!!!

Good luck and keep positive!

Lisa xx :D

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby milkyway » Mon May 12, 2008 12:27 am

I've been here forever Holly and I've only lost 5kg out of 13!!! So good on you for deciding to stick around. I'm sure if I didn't have this board I'd have gained it all back and then some :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 12, 2008 10:44 am

Welcome back Holly! It's great to see you here again.

Any time you feel bad about losing weight so slowly feel free to visit my thread! It's taken me six months to lose about three kilos! That's one of the reasons I've made a similar decision to you, to adjust a few things in my life but not go 'full on'. Even when I cut out everything 'naughty' and exercise like mad it takes ages for the weight to come off. And then I just end up feeling frustrated, or making myself sick or injured, which just makes me give up. Better to make small permanent adjustments than big temporary ones I say!

One of the best bits of advice I've come across is to remember that everyone is different. There are going to be people here who lose weight faster than you, just as there are going to be people who lose weight slower than you. But why are you trying to lose the weight in the first place? To be like others, or to be the best you can be? You don't want to be a second-rate copy of someone else, you want to be a first-rate version of YOU! So rather than compare yourself to others, just look inside and see how great you will feel when you lose the excess weight. And if it takes you five weeks or five years to get there who cares? As long as you get there in the end!

Good luck! We're all cheering for you!

hugs,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Cac33 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:02 am

EvilWombatQueen wrote:
One of the best bits of advice I've come across is to remember that everyone is different. There are going to be people here who lose weight faster than you, just as there are going to be people who lose weight slower than you. But why are you trying to lose the weight in the first place? To be like others, or to be the best you can be? You don't want to be a second-rate copy of someone else, you want to be a first-rate version of YOU! So rather than compare yourself to others, just look inside and see how great you will feel when you lose the excess weight. And if it takes you five weeks or five years to get there who cares? As long as you get there in the end!

Wow that some great advise Ali!!!

Hey Holly how are you going today? Did you rule up your notebook last night? Preparing it for many ticks & positive comments. I know you can do this so just believe in yourself & just take baby steps, taking each meal at a time, day by day & you will notice a difference. Good luck & I have faith in you.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby holly80 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:25 pm

thanks all for your kind words, support and encouragment. I weighed myself this morning. day 1 and nearly fell off. I was up to 86.3kg. the heaviest i have ever been in 87 I think... So that encouraged me to really start today. I think I did good today.. I could have had some more fruit but at least I had some, which is a start.
I am feeling very confident about it this time. especially after weighing my self this morning. so this is how i went today
I have the flu at the moment so, i am not as active as i would have liked but i will make up for that when i get better

thanks cassie, who helped me out last night. Today I came home from work and made a food and excerise diary. I just filled it out and got ticks for everything but for excerise

breakfast - weetbix with pure tone milk and a teaspoon of sugar
lunch- musli bar and stir fry
afternoon tea- a fruit cup - peaches in natural juice, which i drained anyway
dinner- chicken and salad with a little dressing

water- still going but wont be going to bed until i drink the 2 liters.

excerise - well i didnt do any today because i have the flu but made sure i was as active as i could be at work.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon May 12, 2008 7:37 pm

One day at a time - it's the way to go!!

I know it's frustrating when you can't exercise - I was out of action today too after a visit to the osteopath, but keep the good attitude there, and each day will eventually count.

Ali's advice was fantastic - we ARE all different, and we all have to do it for ourselves. I know you will achieve your goals for yourself.

Onward to tomorrow ! (I'm sure that sounds like something out of Star Trek :? )

Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby Cac33 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:44 pm

Good to hear Holly!! Just take one day & each meal at a time & your diary will be full of ticks in no time!!! Well done on all ticks today except for your exercise but if your not well then just take it easy till your back to normal.

Hope your feeling better soon :D
Cass

Cac33

Postby holly80 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:46 pm

thanks guys. on friday we are heading into the city and are going out for breaky then going to the zoo and the art gallery so will be doing heaps of walking, just got to rememeber to eat well and drink heaps of water....

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby Cac33 » Tue May 13, 2008 3:04 pm

How you going today Holly? Did the ticks from yesterday encourage & motivate you to continue eating well today?
Cass

Cac33

Postby holly80 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:22 pm

Cac33 wrote:How you going today Holly? Did the ticks from yesterday encourage & motivate you to continue eating well today?

hey, how has your day been, i will check in on yours and ll the other guys tommorrow. i am off to bed, just got on quickly to update you all. i still have the flu and to be honest, i feel like crap !!!!! just in time for my holidays :(

i didnt do good today at all. so thats lots of crosses on my chart.

breakfast- weetbix
morning tea- 4 tiny cheesy scones, like sizes of a 50 cent piece
lunch- about 8 country cheese biscuts with the kids
afternoon tea-- musli bar
dinner- red rooster :? :evil: :oops:

while i was eating it i thought about you guys lol and left guilty coz i had to tell ya all :roll:

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 14, 2008 12:51 am

Sorry to hear you have the flu Holly. Hope you get better really quickly. Maybe you should have taken the Red Rooster and made chicken noodle soup out of it. I hear that's good for the sniffles!

Keep warm. Rest up. Hope you get well soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous