It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Helen's Healthy Highway #2

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Helen's Healthy Highway #2

Postby GoddessInside » Wed May 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Round 2 !

I'm back and Im ready to go ! I've had my time to conquer and get myself sorted and re focussed. I have got my goals and am determined that nothing is going to stand in my way of achieving them. As of last Friday 9/5 I weighed in at 176.8kgs. This will be my new starting weight.

I had a massive reality check last night, I took myself to emergency due to really bad heart palpatations, pain in the side of my neck, pins & needles in my tongue and then the side of my face going numb. It was then that I realised that enough was enough and that I had to pick myself back up and not let any demons or situations get the better of me as they had.

In brief, my reasons for leaving was that I was trying to save my marriage. In summary, my attempts were futile, the future is looking grim. However .... on the other hand, I am aiming in achieving a long goal of mine this time next year ... I am going overseas !!! I was chatting to my "god" brother John - my mums god son and he said he is going back to Greece in a year. I jumped at the chance and told him I was in ! 4 weeks on the Greek Isles .... Hell Yea BABY !!!!

So in wrap up, I have a new chapter of my life waiting to be written and I'll be damned if I allow myself to be unhealthy and unhappy when I start writing it. I deserve to be happy, I deserve to live the life I've always wanted. I deserve to put myself first.

I made a new years resolution that 2008 was the year to nuture myself and get me back on track. Well half the year is gone and I've only made a 25% effort in keeping that resolution. Well, time to start putting in that other 75%. I have joined up for a 12month gym membership, I have my first PT session tomorrow, where I know Im going to get flogged, but Im ready. I am also buying a boxing stand and bags to keep myself active.

My struggles with Optifast are still there. However, I am going to shut up and put up. The dr's know what they are doing and wouldn't be jeopardising my health. Rome wasn't built in a day and I certainly have to pay for the wrong decisions that I have made over the last 29 years of my life. So if I have to be on optifast for a longer period of time. Then so be it. I will do this to teach myself and prove to myself that I can do it and that I WILL do it.

On a work note, I am still working 7 days. I've actually picked up a 3rd job now. So Im now working a 78hr week. I've had to pick up this job to set myself up for any decisions I make regarding my marriage. It won't be lasting for long 1 - 1.5yrs tops. I am in the 2nd week of this job and Im absolutely loving it. I have to get myself into a routine, where I can fit the gym in the mornings, before I head off to work. It will be tough but I will do it. After all it's only temporary.

So, enough of my babble. But ... before I do go, I just want to thank all those who sent PM's and kept in touch. Thank you for keeping me sane. I love you all dearly :) xoxo
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Re: Helen's Healthy Highway #2

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 14, 2008 4:31 pm

Helen! I am so so SO glad you are back!

Sorry to hear about your marriage. I think it's great that you tried to work on it so much. That way you can leave knowing that you did everything you could.

It's great that you're enjoying your new job. I don't know how you could keep up with working 72 hours a week, though. I hope you manage to lose a few hours here or there and get some quality rest time in. Good on you for signing up for personal training. It sounds like a brilliant way to stay on track. You'll have to tell us how it works out!

And YAY for the Greek Isles! You deserve a kick-arse holiday. And you are going to look so great in a bathing suit by the time you go!

Welcome back Helen!

Hugs,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby shelbel » Wed May 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Hey Helen,
You such a strong capable woman i know you can do this, you sound so ready for it! Im sorry to hear of your troubles, but like Ali said, you did all you could and you do need to look after yourself and start seeing yourself as a priorty.

You know you are loved around here and we missed you dearly and are i for one am so glad you are back!!

Greek Isles 'eh? Watch out greek gods, Helens coming with a new body and a new attitude!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby candycane » Wed May 14, 2008 6:25 pm

yay your back! you will definately kick arse this year and what an amazing reward you will have at the end! Incredible motivation girl, you can do it! woo go H!!!

We're bofe gym girlies together now :) im back at one too!

You do deserve to be happy! your always helping everyone else before yourself...its about time u put yourself first and do what you have to do to achieve what YOU want :)

congrats on everything u have achieved and realised. Good luck

xxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby holly80 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:36 pm

its so good to see you back Helen, I have missed reading all your posts. You have so much information and not only are you a lovely person you really encourage all of us, and i appreciate it so much.

sorry to hear about your marriage, But YAY to going away and achieving some of your dreams.

good luck 2nd time round. I am sure I dont have to tell you, you will do great

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby lng86 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 pm

You already know exactly how I feel about you... So I'll just say welcome back!

This is your year Helen! And in 2009 you'll be looking damn fine!!!

Love you,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed May 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Welcome back Helen !!! I'm sad to hear about your rough time, but if anyone can stare down adversity and make a positive out of it, you can!

I'm so envious of your Greek Islands goal - friends of mine went a couple of years ago, and it sounded incredible.

Don't work too hard - I can completely understand the reasons why, but make sure you have time for yourself too.

The Helen cheer squad is out in force and we got your back girl!!

hugs and smiles

Lisa xxx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby ali76 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:31 pm

YYAAHHHH!!!! Helen's back!!!!

I'm so, so pleased to hear that you're ready and raring to go. You are going to kick serious ar$e!!

I'm equally as sad to hear about your marriage problems....but hun, you're right....2008 is the year of Helen. You do what you have to do. Like the others have said, you've given it your all so regardless, you can hold your head up high.

I can't wait to see how this year pans out for you....I'm looking into my crystal ball nd I see great things!

xoxoxo

Oh - by the way....I'm coming with you!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby GoddessInside » Thu May 15, 2008 9:38 am

Hey guys !!

Thanks for the welcome back :D

Today I have my first PT session and to tell you the truth, I woke up this morning scared ! I've probably built it up in my head though hence why Im feeling anxious !

I'll be taking some new before shots today and will post them, so I have a starting point to compare. Sorry to leave this really short, have to run off. Will catch up on everyone's posts soon. I promise :)

xx
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby candycane » Thu May 15, 2008 11:01 am

yay good luck for ur first PT sesh :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby JP1 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:12 am

glad to see you've managed to put everything into perspective for yourself Helen and good luck on your new healthy highway part II 8) .. that holiday sounds absolutely fantastic and will be a great reward for all your hard work..

hope you're not flogged too hard at the gym today :mrgreen:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby ali76 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:39 pm

How'd it go, how'd it go, how'd it go!?!?! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Cac33 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Hey Helen

I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage, I don't know what to say but know that we are all here to support you.

I hope all your medical issues are now under control! That would definately be a wake up call & would have scared the crap out of me.

I'm so jealous that you're going to the Greek Isles!!! One of my biggest destinations for work is Greece so I'm always looking at pretty pictures of the islands & writing about them but have never been before!!!

Looking forward to reading your next post to tell us how your pt session went.

Cass xox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby milkyway » Thu May 15, 2008 9:39 pm

I am really glad to see you back here, Helen. There was a bit of an emptiness on the board without you and you were never far from my thoughts.

I am sorry to hear about your marriage breakdown. Having gone through that about 8 years ago, I remember only too clearly the heartache that comes with it :( But you're a survivor and will get through this.

Can't wait to hear how your pt session went. Hope you got flogged! :P (but in the nicest possible way :))
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby GoddessInside » Thu May 15, 2008 11:42 pm

Im sooooooooooooooooo excited !!!

What a session !!! OMG OMG OMG I don't know where to start !

Ok, so I got to the gym 5 minutes late and Vlad was waiting for me. Vlad is an older guy approx. 30-40's and is a pro competitor in body building. He has a gentle nature, is softly spoken and knows all too well the trouble overweight people go through as his wife is overweight.

So we started off taking my measurements. Which are:

Chest - 152cm
Waist - 147cm
Hips - 180cm
Biceps - 54cm
Thigh - 90cm

He was trying to get my Body Fat % however the machine didn't register because of my size, but that's ok, as thats a goal I can work towards ;)

We then spoke about my regime and what I've been doing / done. I told him I've basically walked and jumped on the bike at the gym, a few ab crunches, push ups, couple of wall squats and thats it. So we then came up with my routine....which consists of:

A minimum of 30min workout to a maximum of 90 minutes. My heart rate is to go between 130 - 173. However he really wants me to focus on staying around the 140 at this stage until my body adjusts to the new cardio.

I will be jumping on the treadmill, recumbent bike, cross trainer. After that cardio I will be "pumping" weights ! Leg presses, Narrow grip pulldowns, Chest presses, Ab crunches & tricep dips.

Today I lifted 1,650kgs in total ... whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I was so surprised ! Vlad was also extremely impressed that I am extremely flexible and was able to use all the equipment with ease. Really looking forward to doing a complete workout and building heaps of muscle whilst toning and losing inches :D
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous