It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Helen's Healthy Highway #2

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Helen's Healthy Highway #2

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:33 am

I think I had better join Pizza Addicts also, I love pizza but am proud to say I have had a total of 4 pieces this year rather than 1 pizza a week :( .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:22 pm

It's just hit me today that I've been stuck in the 170's for 4 bloody months ... :cry: :( :cry: :(
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Sorry guys, just having a really bad day today ..... One of those feel like giving up days, really can't be bothered days :(
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Diminishing » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Helen,

I had a REALLY bad day yesterday, so I can totally relate. I ended it early by going to bed early with a hot water bottle and a peaceful hypnosis CD. And amazingly feel like a different chick today.

So I hope you can find something to break the "censored of a day" feeling...........
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Thanks hun. Im afraid that this just wont go away ....

Everything is just coming to a head now ... it's all about the realisation of alot of things.

1. My Marriage
2. My husband moving out next week
3. I've been stuck losing the same amount of weight for the last 4 months
4. Pretty much being lonely - all my friends are married and I don't have anyone to go out and hang out with
5. Although I know I've come far, It's not far enough and Im really starting to lose focus again.
6. My three jobs - will I ever have a social life ?

I mean don't get me wrong, Im feeling so much more confident etc, but Im just sitting here thinking if it's all worth it. I mean there's really no point losing weight if Im never going to enjoy myself.....
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ali76 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:56 pm

OK, it all depends on perspective....you've listed some of these things as negative, but you should look at them as a positive! Let me explain....

GoddessInside wrote:1. My Marriage
2. My husband moving out next week
3. I've been stuck losing the same amount of weight for the last 4 months
4. Pretty much being lonely - all my friends are married and I don't have anyone to go out and hang out with
5. Although I know I've come far, It's not far enough and Im really starting to lose focus again.
6. My three jobs - will I ever have a social life ?

1. If you were in a happy, productive, fulfilling marriage, I'd agree it being a negative.
2. This is a HUGE positive! You get to do something you haven't done for ages.....focus on YOU! Spoil yourself, get your house how YOU want it, make it YOURS.....your place to relax, refocus and start living again!
3. Hun, if I were as consistant as you, I'd be stoked. If you hadn't started this journey you'd be stuck at your starting weight of over 30 kilos heavier....i know that YOU know you're doing great.
4. You need to understand there's a HUGE difference between being alone and being lonely. You can be lonely when you live with someone, as I'm sure you probably already know. Start to enjoy your own company. Read a good book. Put on some music and sing and dance! Have a nice hot bath with candles burning....enjoy it!!
5. OK, I'm not even going here. Need I remind you of how far you've come...the obstacles you've already overcome....no, I didn't think so :wink:
6. Due to numbers 1 and 2....my answer is yes! For once you'll only be supporting yourself!!

Ok, my work here is done. Don't make me come over there and give you a......

SMACK!!!!

Love you! :mrgreen:
xoxooxox
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby lng86 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Ali took the words out of my mouth! Thank you kindly!

Helen - having a 'give up day' is COMPLETELY NORMAL.

You can do this! Focus on you - and everything will fall into place.

You are brilliant - and I can be your social pal! Never fear - Lauren is here!!! :wink:

Love you too!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby milkyway » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:29 pm

Ali is a gem - she said exactly what I was going to say - each one of those things is actually a positive. So what if you're still in the 70s - you're not gaining and you've kept that 30kg off. That's a HUGE achievement and you need to pat yourself on the back for that. Your life is undergoing major change at the moment and it's no wonder you're having some crap moments. Hugs! It's probably during those times when you're not busy and distracted you start reflecting on life and those demons come crawling out of the woodwork. Just as well we've got us to smack them back down!!!

San xox
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks guys !

I just really am feeling Lonely ... not Alone .... and yes I know what you mean by the difference Ali ... but now its like its all really hitting that I really will be lonely now and that I will be living a sorry arsed life. My best friend is a party animal, however I just don't fit in with her crowd ... so I will be stuck home every weekend .... What Im scared of, is that I will fall straight back into my depression that I have, for years tried to control. I've been medicated before and hated the effects it had on me. I've been off medication for 5 years now .... but the reality is, that I feel myself slipping straight back into that deep black hole, and not just slipping, screaming down into it and nothing is holding me up, there's nothing there that I can latch onto, to give me any leway.

As for the weightloss, yes I haven't put any of it and I have hit new lows, but I should be lower than what I am ... I am so pissed off with myself for fart arsing around these last four months. Yes there's no point in saying what if this and that .. but I still do.
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ali76 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:03 pm

GoddessInside wrote:...there's nothing there that I can latch onto, to give me any leway.

You ALWAYS have us hun...

One positive thing is that you can now see the patterns of your depression, so I want you to fight like hell not to end up back down there. If there was a magic cure, I'd go to the ends of the world to get it....but we'll both just have to find our own ways.

Do me one more favour?? Go to your own thread....your before and during pics. Have a look at them again but this time try and look at them through our eyes...if you can do that, I think you'll get through - actually, I have no doubt.

You know where I am hun....ok?

xoxoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:20 am

Ali is your guardian weighloss angel!!! She is spot on with everything written above.

Helen I wish I was still in Sydney because I would love to hang out with you!!! Don't worry about your social life, you're starting a new job soon & with that you'll make new friends & you never know they might be just what you need. A fresh start, clean slate, it's a great thing.

Can you get rid of one of your extra jobs once you start the new one?

Chin up chicky & hope you're feeling much better today xox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:32 am

Helen, I think there must have been something in the air over the weekend - I was feeling pretty flat on Friday too. It's scary when you feel like you are getting close to that black hole again - it's been in my peripheral vision lately a bit too. Stare it down, girlfriend!!!!!!

I think what the others have said is right - focus on you for now. It will help not only your general mood, but doing things like reclaiming your living space will help you enjoy the "alone", rather than it being lonely.

And hey, I'm married, but I'll come and hang out with ya! Maybe we should arrange a little social get-together (coffee or a quiet drink) for us and any other Sydney-siders who'd like to join in. What do you reckon? I'm always up for making new connections :D

Hang in there, and please call on us when you need to.....we'll kick that black hole back down into the ground and bury it for you!

Hugs, Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby candycane » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 am

oh darlin girl. Its all been said before me, but i totally agree with what everyone has said. You have come sooooo far. Its amazing what you have accomplished. Sometimes its easier to give into the demons but just think about how awesome it will be when u loose 30 more kilos from your own pure hard work. Maybe you need to start trying to have a quick stroll around the block when u start feeling negative.

Or just stick on some MC hammer and get down in your lounge room :P, my own personal fave is david bowie in the labrynth. I get down in my loungeroom and sing loudly and it makes me feel better :) get those endorphins going.

love you xxxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Thank you all, honestly, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Im finding it so hard, I just can't seem to cope anymore, I just can't seem to do it, I just don't have the will....
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby mal_m » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:01 pm

GoddessInside wrote:Thank you all, honestly, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Im finding it so hard, I just can't seem to cope anymore, I just can't seem to do it, I just don't have the will....

Hi Helen, I know at the moment it seems overwelming and you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to keep going and keep thinking positively. I know that these are only words and it easier said then done, but I am just coming out the other side of my own separation/divorce, so I sort of know what you are feeling and going through. The most important point is never to lose sight of how truly a fantastic, special and inspirational person you are, not only to yourself but to everyone who knows and cares for you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1hso6G/]
[/url]
mal_m

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous