Lack of motivation. Lack of will. HEEEEEEEELP

Postby Blondie_ » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi guys

I'm Blondie - 18 yr old female

Size 16

Weighing in at 86 whopping kilos!!!!

Goal weight: 65kgs

Need to loose: 21kilos

Progress: Signed up to Curves gym - haven't been in moooonths!! No diet, no exercise

Feelings: I want to loose the weight, be healthier and fit into gorgeous clothes, but can't find the time or energy to exercise due to full time work -, 40 hours per week

Need: MOTIVATION!! HELP!! THE WILLPOWER!! PEOPLE TO TALK TO!!! Diet & exercise tips

Message to other users: I think what ive just written pretty much explains it all - i need help from you guys cause i can't do i myself and i don't want to turn to family or friends because they'll expect me to fail as i usually do. If anyone wants to add me to msn: [email protected]

Thanks everyone - i need support

Blondie x

PS:Post any tips you have for me
Blondie_

Re: Lack of motivation. Lack of will. HEEEEEEEELP

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi Blondie - welcome to the forum :)

Tip #1 - Join weightloss.com.au :P heh heh - you're already here so that's a great first step

Tip #2 - Don't think of this as a diet, but a new lifestyle

Tip #3 - Weightloss is slow, hard and a journey that involves more than looking at a pair of scales - you've got to be prepared to look inside yourself

Tip #4 - Don't try and do too much. Set yourself a small goal this week- maybe it's to drink 2L of water EVERY day. The following week, add 3 x 30min walks - whatever works for you. Lots of small successes add up to a big one overall.

Tip #5 - Hang in there! You're not alone :) Come and visit, read the board, post questions, participate in discussions etc... anything to take your mind off other stuff, like the evil biscuits calling out to you!!!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Blondie_ » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:05 pm

Thanks milkyway

i really like ur tip number 4 - i'll set small goals

tomorrow i'll start drinking the 2 litres of water a day

the next week i might try the walking

I want to do all of this - but can be easier said then done, hey??

Blondie x
Blondie_

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:15 pm

OK - I'm gonna hold you to that :P

Make sure you come back here tomorrow and let us know how you went with your water intake!

I'm sure you can think of plenty of small goals you can do over the coming weeks or months. I think we set ourselves up for failure when we try to do too much at the start and it's inevitable we're going to slip up and then throw it all away because it's all too hard. That's why I'm the advocate of small achievable goals.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Blondie_ » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:24 pm

i think that was my biggest mistake

a few months ago i would: diet, drink nothing but water, walk for 50 mins and go to the gym for 30 mins --- EVERYDAY.. lasted a few weeks

ive been so very up and down with it all - ill binge, not do anything, do too much and once i went over a week without eating anything until i woke up sick as a dog

thanks for you help

Blondie x
Blondie_

Postby mal_m » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:49 am

Hello Blondie, welcome to the forum and congratulations on taking the first step. I agree with milkway, first up is just to take small steps and keep up the water intake. The only thing I can add is to have a supportive base, such as friends, family etc. I know from your first post that you don't really want to tell them, but all I can say is I probably wouldn't have done so well with out the support and motivation of my mates and family, as well the information and inspiration I gain from reading and being involved in the weightloss forums. Also another important part of your weightloss is to stay positive. If you have a bad day or don't get to exercise, don't let it get you down, just put it behind you and look forward to your goal. I wish you all the best for your weightloss and look forward to hearing about your progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1hso6G/]
[/url]
mal_m

Postby surfchick33 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi Blondie, welcome to the forum ... I want to see action, movement & those kg moving in the right direction! you owe it to yourself to be fit & healthy - you only have one body to last you a lifetime. xx

Love to hear about your progress soon!

:lol:
surfchick33

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:10 am

You've mentioned exercise but nothing about diet. Weight loss is at least 50% diet and many say it represents an even bigger percentage than that. And with a bit of preparation it doesn't take any more time to eat healthy food than unhealthy food, which is great if you have a busy schedule.

Is there anything about your eating habits that have caused you to gain weight? Even a healthy diet can keep you large if your portions are too big. Hell, I managed to gain 20kg on a vegan diet for just that reason! You might want to check out these articles here and here. You may find you're overeating without realising it! Remember not to eat until you're stuffed, even if it's very healthy food. You're just training yourself to overeat otherwise. Eat until you're satisfied. You can always go back and have a healthy snack when you're hungry in a couple of hours. Don't stuff yourself silly 'just in case' you get hungry later. You're supposed to get hungry later after all! That's why we eat more than one meal per day! :lol: The trick is to eat enough to keep you satisfied for just a couple of hours. Then have a healthy snack like a piece of fruit when you start to feel hungry again. It will stop you getting too hungry so you won't pig out at dinner time and will keep your metabolism up so you burn more calories.

Another way to monitor your diet would be to use Calorie King. Many people here swear by the site. It's free and when you set up your profile it will recommend how many calories per day you should be eating. Then you can either follow on of their set diet plans or enter your own food and see how it all adds up.

Even if you don't use their food tracker religiously it can be useful to use to find out what foods are lower in calories and fat.

Good luck!
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby al83 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:56 pm

Blondie_ wrote:Thanks milkyway

i really like ur tip number 4 - i'll set small goals

tomorrow i'll start drinking the 2 litres of water a day

the next week i might try the walking

I want to do all of this - but can be easier said then done, hey??

Blondie x

Think about it like this..... the easy option is to continue on your same path - - the REWARDING option (don't think of it as harder though!) is to get up, get moving and find out the reasons you put on weight in the first place! It helps, trust me!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFTRlu1/]
[/url]
al83

Postby al83 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:01 pm

Another extra motivator I have found (because the scales are crap and just don't show you how well you're doing!!) is your measurements! I've now been doing Jenny Craig with a fitness program for 7 weeks and in total have lost 25cms from all over my body!! And 12cm of that is just round my middle sections, which just feels amazing! Compare that with only a 4kg weightloss on the scales and you can see which one is the better motivator! :-)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFTRlu1/]
[/url]
al83

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous