It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:52 am

Free Newsletter

Jadex87 .... Slowly Getting Healthy ...

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Jadex87 .... Slowly Getting Healthy ...

Postby jadex87 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:32 am

Good Morning All ....

Well I Decided To Start A Bit Of A Diary .... A Little Something To Keep Me Motivated & To Remind Me Of My Losses And Gains , Triumphs & Failures ....

I'm Looking Into Different Meal Replacement Programs Today ... Trying To Find Something Thats Right For Me . I Have A Bad Habit Of Not Eating Till 7pm . And When I Finally Do Eat - Its Always Just A Shitload Of Junk Food . Thus Why I Am The Size Of A Dugong .

Since Last Month Ive Been Sort Of On A Healthy/Green Lifestyle Rampage . Only Its The Most Pathetic Lazy Rampage Ever . Im Pretty Sure A Small Duck Could Go On A Better Rampage .

I Quit Smoking ( Almost A Month Ago ! WOOOOH ) And , Although I Did Use Patches At The Start , Im Proud To Say I Only Wear A Patch When Im Going Out On Weekends ( I Have Many Smoker Friends ) .

I Changed All The Light Bulbs In My House To Fluro's , Got A New ( More Energy Efficient ) Fridge , Started Turning Off All Electrical Switches While Im Not Using Them , Started Researching The Most Earth Friendly Cleaning Products And So On .....

The Only Thing I HavnT Bothered To Make Better Is My Diet ... And So Ive Been Just Watching My Weight Get Higher & Higher On The Scales ...

So This Week Is The Week . Im Going To Find A Meal Replacement Plan To Start ASAP ....

x Jade

Re: Jadex87 .... Slowly Getting Healthy ...

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Good luck Jade! I think it's great that you're environmentally remodelling your life. Did you know that replacing some of your meat with extra vegetables will also help lower greenhouse emissions? (Click here for news article link.) And of course choosing to walk for any short trips instead of driving a car helps your waistline as well as the planet. Taking the stairs instead of a lift helps in both cases too.

Good luck with finding a good meal replacement. I'm afraid I can't help with that. The only protein drinks I've ever tried are vegan-safe soy or rice protein mixes and they taste like refined kitty litter to be honest. :?

And lastly, good on you for quitting smoking! I quit about eight years ago and it's seriously the best thing I've ever done for my health.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. I look forward to reading about your progress!

Re: Jadex87 .... Slowly Getting Healthy ...

Postby shelbel » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi Jade and welcome!

Good luck with your search and you journey as a whole. Its hard work but really the benefits are worth it tenfold. And the same goes for quiting smoking!!

Sing out if you need anything!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous