It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight Depression.

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Weight Depression.

Postby queencharchar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi I only just found this forum by mistake and glad I did. I just have to tell someone how I feel. Sorry to bring your night down.
I am an obese lady of 45. I weigh more than 120kg's. I say more than coz it's been a while since I weighed. I believe I have overweight depression. Is there such a thing? Whenever I think of even being on any sort of healthy eating plan I feel sick that I might fail. I sometimes stay on something to maybe stick to it for a week at the most. Don't even get me started on exercises. Whenever I watch a weightloss shows on tv I am crying by the end of the show coz I am so ashamed to be like they are and just feel so hopeless. As I'm typing this I'm in tears. My loving man is trying to be supportive and says he loves my big butt. But OMG how can he? Sorry I can't continue. More another night....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmJVTEO/]
[/url]
queencharchar

Re: Weight Depression.

Postby jilliansmyhero » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:21 pm

until your in the right frame of mind u cant really over do it,maybe see a counsellor then either work out a eating and exercise plan or see a dietican and visit a gym/online trainer for help. Its hard to think about losing weight but its more depressing to be over weight and unhappy with your body - inner and outer. Goodluck u CAN DO THIS.
jilliansmyhero

Postby lng86 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:29 am

We are all here to support you.

Yes, this may be a difficult journey... But it's so worthwhile.

You can do this!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby queencharchar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Thanks so much. I'm feeling a little better tonight. I had a bit of a cry to my partner this morning who has sensed that something was wrong with me. Bless him. LOL. We had a chat and we sat down and worked out a plan for me to get up off my 'big butt' and move for 30 mins twice a day. Only Monday to Friday. I get weekends off. Also we are pretty busy on weekends.
I think a lot of my problem is - I get bored with exercise. My diet is pretty good, but I just don't exercise. Well I hope this new plan can work. For a while anyway. We'll see. Thanks for you encouragement. :D
[/url]
queencharchar

Postby jilliansmyhero » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Good on u, gotta love partners when they help u workout a plan. any goals in mind?
jilliansmyhero

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:02 pm

I know where you're coming from when it comes to being bored by exercise. I find the trick is to find something you love. If you like walking then make that your exercise of choice. If you enjoy dancing then sign up for some classes or get some dance workout DVDs. Have a look at your local library for exercise DVDs. That way you can try different things without losing any money if you don't like them. There are a huge variety of fitness DVDs these days. Everything from yoga to Bollywood dancing! Even gaffa taping some old phone directories together and using them as an aerobic step while stepping away to your favourite music qualifies as good exercise.

Good luck with finding something you enjoy. The great thing is that when you start getting fitter you'll naturally start enjoying the endorphin high that comes with any exercise. So you'll probably end up loving forms of exercise that bored you to tears beforehand.

Hang in there. I'm sure you can do it. We're all here for you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby James » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:31 pm

queencharchar wrote:
I am an obese lady of 45. I weigh more than 120kg's.

If you want the ultimate motivation think of your health. That's exactly what I did. I'm trying to lower my chance of heart attack/stroke, joint pain etc etc

Carrying around all that excessive weight is wearing your body out......quickly. The health aspect has given me a whole new outlook and will power. I have been on the Pritikin program now for nearly 8 weeks and I haven't broken for a single sultana.

James

Postby queencharchar » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:25 pm

Yer and when I think about how unhealthy I am, I just get more depressed.
I just can't find the one thing that makes me stay on track.
I really have absolutely no excuses. I don't work, I'm a carer for my disabled partner.
I just feel so hopeless all the time. Maybe I should go and talk to someone...
[/url]
queencharchar

Postby James » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:58 pm

queencharchar wrote:Yer and when I think about how unhealthy I am, I just get more depressed.

And tommorrow is the day to do something to start to fix it. It's hard, but know one can do it but you. If you start the days will soon turn into weeks and the weeks will turn into months and you will start feeling better as your achievement grows.

James

Postby queencharchar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks guys for your support. Man have I needed it. Yesterday and today I exercised twice daily. First yesterday I went for a forty min walk just around our 5acre block, then yesterday afternoon I did 20mins on my stationary bike. Yes I did feel a little better for it. This morning I did 20mins walk aerobics and then this afternoon 20mins on the bike. I'm starting to feel the effects coz my muscles are hurting. But I'm not bored yet and that's what normally happens to me. So yes it's up to me... I'm trying hard to stay positive. It's so hard but if I don't do anything about how miserable I feel well I'll always feel this way and I don't want to. Does that make sense?
[/url]
queencharchar

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:53 pm

I think you're doing great! Exercise twice a day is a brilliant way to lose weight. Not only will it burn calories, you'll build muscle which will help raise your resting metabolism AND it will release endorphines which will make you feel better!

When it comes to staying positive, as the saying goes... fake it till you make it! If you keep acting as if you're positive then it will eventually reprogram your mind to believe that you are positive. Positive affirmations, positive visualisations, and using only positive language has all been shown to have a powerful psychological effect on people. So keep it up! Just by 'pretending' to be positive you will eventually become more positive. Next time you feel a bit down force a smile on your face. Make yourself laugh for two minutes. Think of a happy time or a time you were really successful with something. You can stay positive! Why not be positive? After all it's a hell of a lot more fun than the alternative!

Hang in there. We all believe in you and we know you can do this. We have faith in you and you deserve to have faith in you too!

hugs,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:47 pm

hi & welcome!

i know exactly what you mean about getting depressed & wondering how your partner can say they like the way you are!

you may want to go and talk to someone about feeling down & depressed - sometimes talking to someone who isn't close to you can be so therapeutic because they aren't so emotionally involved :) at the same time - the exercise should do wonders for your mood because of all those lovely endorphins! you know - like when you're exercising & it hurts but you just can't help but smile :lol:

keep going with the exercise & like ali says, fake it till you make it!!
sassi

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous