It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Lets try again shall we?

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Lets try again shall we?

Postby Mandie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:53 pm

wow, that's big news - but the good news is, you're young and you will be MUCH healthier than you were before you started this journey - and if you stay healthy leading up to and after the op, i think you'll be fine! and how awesome will it be for the problem to be fixed so you don't have too much pain anymore?

best of luck with it all! :)
Mandie

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Theres a chance it will improve it. There is also a 40% chance that it wont work at all. Then there is also a chance he will make it worse.
So we will see.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Mandie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:47 pm

It's worth a go though, give yourself the best possible chance at fixing this up? My fingers are crossed for you!
Mandie

Postby yoyogirl88 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 pm

I think Im going to cry. I have been eating moderately well (minus 2 slip ups) and have been doing exercise everyday for half an hour to an hour and a half. All this and I am 101.7kgs. Im not losing any. IM PUTTING IT ON!!!

To make it worse I will be unable to do so much exercise in a few weeks and Im freaking out- if im putting on weight now just imagine how much ill put on after the op.

I am starting to wonder why the hell I try everytime I do i just end up bigger than I was before.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby yoyogirl88 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:01 pm

OK so I did my CK check-in ( a lil late) and did my measurements. Ive lost cms- 1cm off chest- 1.5cm of waist- hips the same- and finally 1cm off my thigh.

So I dont feel so bad But im still a bit bummed that I cant seem to get back under 100kgs.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Mandie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:58 am

hey - you've gained muscle, tone, and lost fat - that's great news, right? keep that up and you'll be under 100kg really soon - you're doing all the right things! have patience.. scales suck! Measurements are much better :)
Mandie

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 am

Good on you yoyo :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:16 pm

My dumbass doctor put me on the private lists not the public like he should of and now my worsening pain might just be a constant companion for the next goddamn year. Needless to say Im a little upset. The pain has started on the other side now.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Mandie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Do you mean you are on public not private? Because usually you get seen quicker in private.. if you have private health insurance, and your doctor writes you a referral letter, you can ring up for appointments yourself - ask your doctor for a list of private surgeons and call them, and then go to the one who can get you in the fastest.
Mandie

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:32 am

Yep Im on Public. I cant afford private health care, and even if I could, If I join now they would make me wait 12 onths anyway as it is a preexisting condition. On top of that Id have to pay a Gap which I REALLY cant pay. So basically Im stuck on the public waiting list for the next 12 months, great outcome especially when Im starting to get pins and needles down my arm.The pain is worse Im taking up to 6 panadol a DAY. So Im going to my doc in a week or 2 and Im going to ask him for some proper pain relief, this is beyond a joke.

On the upside, When I got my horrible news Instead of going down the street and buying a HUGE block of chocolate, I went into the kitchen and had a peanut butter sandwich. It was that of 4 microwaved sausage rolls, So im pretty proud om myself. I also did a heap of exercise last night.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Okies so Im doing ok this week Im sticking to better eating as well as I can.
The exercise, well, I am getting a little lazy these last couple of days.

I am having a problem with my scales at the moment, Im weighing almost everyday, So my goals for this week are;
:arrow: No cheese or peanut butter
:arrow: At least 1 form of exercise a day, but at least 3 days this week to do 2 types.
:arrow: No weighing until Monday- my regular weigh in day.
:arrow: and finally, at least 2 ltres of water or 1 litre of water and 4 cups of tea (I have a BIG cup)

So hopefully this will help a little.

Time to do a DVD or go for a walk now. Tata
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:58 am

Ok, so I think I have a theory on why i seem to be maintaining my weight not losing it. I have cut down my food and am exercising a LOT, yet Im staying at 100-101. One of the depression meds Im on the dr said may cause weight gain. So Im thinking maybe Im just working to neutralize that gain. ZIf So I dont know what else to do. Im seeing my dr next week I think. I will have to call the dr and find out exactly when my app is.

Im resting from the exercise today Ive hurt my neck, that will teach me to go so hard.

Im getting really down seeing all of you losing a kilo here and a couple hundred grams there.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Mandie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:14 pm

You've got some great goals there yoyo. Lots of antidepressants can cause weight gain, it's a good idea to chat to your doctor and see what other options are available to you. I know it's hard when everyone else seems to be losing weight - but you will get there, just keep going :)
Mandie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:58 pm

It's really annoying how just about every medication out there has weight gain as a common side effect!! Keep working at it though and keep sensible about it. Chatting with your doc might help and they might be able to look at trying you on something different, or adjusting your levels if it's appropriate in conjunction with your psychologist (assuming you have one).

Try not to get discouraged just because the scales aren't moving. Just eating better and exercising can improve your health immensely, even if you don't end up with the silhouette of Jennifer Hawkins (and hey, even she was embarrassed about her bare bum being shown off on the catwalk).
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:23 am

:oops: :oops: Ok so Im had my hissyfit and my binge. I hit 102.2 this morning so I thought I better come back and be a good girl. I see my doc on monday, we shall see. So back to sensible eating today and I will do my best to get the motivation to do some exercise :) .
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous