Good luck with the journey, if you are doing it for yourself then you are going to make it, just keep telling yourself that.
- don't drink soft drink.. its calorie packed..
- incidental excercise is gold! walk those little extra errands and stuff and don't take the easy way.. you'd be surprised how it adds up.
- drink at least 2 litres of water every day... it helps flush out the toxins and fills you up.. and its just good..
- avoid caffiene.. its stops your liver from going into ketosis(turning stored fat into energy) because its trying to get rid of the caffiene instead of the fat.
- pick a day in the week that you can give yourself one unhealthy treat.. make sure you pick a day that you know you are going to be active.. when i do this it stops me from "cheating" my healthy eating plan... i spend all week seeing things i want to eat but know aren't very healthy and i tell myself "thats what i'm going to eat on friday" and it stops me from caving in and having it then. when friday comes around i don't want anything half as bad as what i did in the days leading up. by not depriving yourself completely it makes you feel less depressed that your missing out on enjoying food while the rest of the world eats what they want..
good luck and i'll be watching out for progress updates soon!