It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

Its time i did it.

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Its time i did it.

Postby Dimmo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:35 am

Hey guys, its finnaly struck home.

After loosing my girl becuase i just bloated out again. Its time i finnaly lost this spare TYRE of mine and got on with life.

Some of you may think im doing it for her, or girls. Im doing it for me, im 20 and i want to see the world and i want to be ready for it

I have used optifast, it has worked. but i can only manage 6-7weeks. (tried twice in 2 years). And then i get down and out and just eat. all it takes is one meal and im back on food.

i used to be 125-130kg. Im maintaining 108 atm, but im aiming for 85 as im a mechanic and would like to train kickboxing and have my strength to do my rigourous job..

I have quit smoking
I am going to quit drinking
And im going to start on my cardio work

IF ANYONE, can just point me in anydirection it would be much appreciated, tips, pointers, comments, anything is gold to me right now.

Re: Its time i did it.

Postby GumBoots » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:00 am

I just wanted to say goodluck.. I cant wait to follow your journey.

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 pm

Hey hun. Thats a real Bummer that you lost your girl. Just take heart that if she cant love you thick or thin shes probably not worth the trouble (I have also lost someone before because i gained some weight)!

Anyhoo. Good on you for making this step and I hope you do great. Just remember- lots of water, exercise and smaller portions. Its simple and easy and I personally like a site called Calorie King. You can record your weight there and keep track of your food intake.

I like your goals Good luck and we are all here if ya wanna chat.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9

Postby Dimmo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:58 am

Yeahp lets see.

just got on the scale. Tipped at 111kg. Size 40 jeans that are a bit looser than before. and love handles...well more like railings.

Stay tuned ill upload a photo asap.
and i start my first gym session in 2 days. cant wait. and this time no backing down.

Postby grllee1983 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:11 pm

i Dimmo,

Good luck with the journey, if you are doing it for yourself then you are going to make it, just keep telling yourself that.

- don't drink soft drink.. its calorie packed..

- incidental excercise is gold! walk those little extra errands and stuff and don't take the easy way.. you'd be surprised how it adds up.

- drink at least 2 litres of water every day... it helps flush out the toxins and fills you up.. and its just good..

- avoid caffiene.. its stops your liver from going into ketosis(turning stored fat into energy) because its trying to get rid of the caffiene instead of the fat.

- pick a day in the week that you can give yourself one unhealthy treat.. make sure you pick a day that you know you are going to be active.. when i do this it stops me from "cheating" my healthy eating plan... i spend all week seeing things i want to eat but know aren't very healthy and i tell myself "thats what i'm going to eat on friday" and it stops me from caving in and having it then. when friday comes around i don't want anything half as bad as what i did in the days leading up. by not depriving yourself completely it makes you feel less depressed that your missing out on enjoying food while the rest of the world eats what they want..

good luck and i'll be watching out for progress updates soon! :)

SW = 83
CW = 81
GW = 63

Postby Dimmo » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:58 pm

I now 105kg!

I broke my ankle a week after putting this up and ballooned to 115kg sitting on the couch. However by starting to walk to work. (10mins to the station, 25mins from the station) Im now to my lowest weight ever of 105kg..i havnt been this close to 100kg since i was like 14.

Postby thunderthighs » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 am

Good luck Dimmo.
SW: 79.1
GW: 64 (top of healthy weight range)
Ultimate GW: 59.9

Doing it for me, this time.

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous