It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49 am

Free Newsletter

The Goddess Files

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

The Goddess Files

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:47 pm

This will come as a shock to some people that I am back ..... For others it will be relief, for others it will be confusion and others I will be a new face .....

When I went AWOL. I vowed never to return. Never to come back, some have heard this, some haven't. Im not going to air my dirty laundry out in an open forum, so Im going to move past that and concentrate on the future.

So, here I sit at 181.8kgs, an entire 9.8kgs heavier from when I left the forum in Mid July. I am ashamed, completely ashamed. I let myself go in a big way. I need help. I am desperate to lose the weight, I just can't seem to do it with the shakes anymore. I eat everything but the shakes. Having said that, I don't know what I should be eating as I've lost touch due to being on the shakes for so long.

I dont need to hear oh youre going to do great, you're a wonderful, strong woman, you'll lose that weight in no time.... I need help being re educated. How many calories am I supposed to eat, what sort of foods am I supposed to eat ? With exercise, should I mainly focus on cardio ( walking, riding, x trainer ) rather than weights to initially get the weight off ?

Im really sitting in limbo at the moment, I know what I have to do but I've just lost that sense of urgency, that motivation. Im certain its waiting for me just around the corner, I can feel it.....
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Re: The Goddess Files

Postby Cac33 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:27 am

AAAHHH I just wrote a HUGE post & it didn't bloody work!!! Ok so here is a shorter version of what I originally wrote.

OMG I'm so so so so glad you're back. I've missed you so much & the forum has been very quiet without you.

Back to business, in regards to food I highly recommend the calorie king website. It will tell you how many cals you should be eating based on your height, weight & various other factors. Then you can either go with their meal plans or enter the foods you eat. It gives you a break down of the cals you have consumed into fats, protein & carbs. You should aim for 20% fat, 20% protein & 60% carbs. You also enter in your water intake & exercise & it shows how many cals you have burned off. You can either eat back those cals or if you choose not to then you'll lose weight faster.

In regards to exercise I would suggest a combination of cardio & strength. The more muscle you have the more cals it will burn during resting periods. Are you still a member of the gym? Maybe you can start seeing the pt again or maybe just one session if you can't afford to see him full time so that he can set you a program designed for you & your goals.

I really am so pleased to see you back here & seriously ANY time you need anything at all you shout out & ask for help or even if its just for a chat. I'm here to walk the journey with you. :mrgreen:
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:37 am

Welcome back :D I know you don't know me but I missed reading all your posts!!

As for food, to get back into the swing of it, it might help to pre plan your meals, or keep a food diary so you know where problem areas are for you (eg- afternoon cravings etc). My advice would be to find a healthy breakfast that you love and stick with it for a while, that way its an automatic decision to eat healthy and set yourself up for a good day. With lunch and dinner I'd focus on things like choosing wholemeal bread over white, lean meat over fatty fried food etc until you feel more confident in what you're eating. And of course lots of fruit and veggies during the day or as snacks really helps.

And for exercise I'd just focus on what you enjoy to start off with- if you love cardio and get an exercise high from that then just focus on that for a while, or if you do really like weights then get yourself back into a routine of doing it again, and if you don't particularly have an exercise you love then start experimenting with new things :) Once exercise and eating healthy becomes normal for you, then I'd start thinking more about the details of it all.

So glad to see you back :) And I know you will be able to reach your goals! No one can do it alone but this forum is great for support!!

Love, Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby curvygirl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:09 am

Lovely to see you back beautiful girl. :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:19 am

You're back and I am so glad, Iv'e missed you like mad and I'm not in the habit of missing people that I know online, you are the first :D .

Diet wise, mine is far from perfect so I feel I have no right to comment.

Some little tips though, rid your cupboards, fridge, pantry of any "naughty" food so the temptation isn't there and if you haven't got one go and grab yourself one of the little pocket calorie/fat counter books. I don't think I would have got this far without mine.

I know you didn't want to hear it but you sound in the right frame of mind to get back into the swing of things and I'm truly sorry to hear you have been having hard times.

Once again welcome back, I for one am glad you are.

Take care, big hugs and lots of love, Sue.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Mandie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:45 am

Helen I'm so glad you're back! Forget the gain - you are back on the wagon now, and that's what counts! Are you still going to the clinic? They should be able to give you advice on what to eat..

Otherwise, maybe a dietician? I went to a dietician a couple of times when I first started losing weight (way back when - 140kg and NO idea what was healthy or not) and it was so useful - things like calcium, iron are so important to your diet and maintaining a healthy weight, and a dietician is often the best one to help you sort these things out. If you have health insurance, you shouldn't have to pay very much for the dietician - or if you go via your GP, some of them even bulk bill for certain patients.

If you would rather do it on your own for now, then my advice is (as somebody else said) to go to CalorieKing - this has helped me tremendously because it keeps you accountable! If you fill out the sign up thing, it will tell you how many calories to aim for.

In terms of exercise, cardio is very important for weight loss and heart health but weights will help you lose even more weight, maintain it, get stronger, and get stronger bones. I actually think you really need to do both, right from the start - as best you can. You were going to a gym for a while - can you get back into that and see a PT? I'd recommend you increase your incidental exercise as much as you can (I'm banning myself from the lifts at work), and try to get some cardio in 2-3 times a week, and try to do weights 1-2 times a week. I know you have a crazy schedule, but do what you can! Even if you have little hand weights and you lift them at work in your lunch break or something!

You can do this Helen - you are a strong woman, and don't look at the weight that has just crept back - look at the total amount of what you have lost - still an amazing effort! You can do this again. The most important thing is to keep going - jump back on the wagon and try again. You will get there in the end. You are already so much healthier than when you started this whole thing.

I know you didn't want cheerleading so I'll stop now. I've only just started posting again and I'm so glad you're back - I could do with your awesome support and motivation too :) We can do this together, yeah? Go us! :)
Mandie

Postby Strawberry » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:54 am

i remember reading in your other progress you enjoyed your walks - walking is a great for cardio vascular & weight loss - great easy to do free exercise u can do anywhere, anytime.
keeping a food dairy is a big help too - makes you more aware of what you eat.
definitely sign up to calorie king it will tell you all u need to know about how much to eat, what to eat & even sets up an eating plan.
if you can afford it & don't have the time to cook healthy meals go on lite & easy that way you get all your food delievered to you & don't have to set foot in a supermarket & get tempted by junk food.
if u have a good food environment u won't be tempted or able to fall back into old habits - so give your fridge & pantry a clean. try to steer clear of processed food & stick to fresh fruit & vegetables and wholegrains.
good luck.
Strawberry

Postby holly80 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:44 am

2 great minds think alike hey lol... I just came back to, and I also have put on some weight. Its amazing what support you get on here hey?

Welcome back, You will get back into the swing of things, were all behind you...

Looking forward to reading your progress again

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby lng86 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm

I don't care if you want to hear this or not... But I am SO proud of you and love you dearly also!

Let's meet for a walk shortly?

Xx.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I've ventured into Calorie King today and had a look around and saw the menu planners ! Boy was I relieved to see them. I think Im going to start using their meal plans and see how I go. It's all very daunting, I never thought I would be as scared as I am to start eating "properly". Ive let this fear take me right back to my old habits, which Im prepared to stop once and for all.

In terms of my lifestyle, it's all going to change soon, I found out today that I will no longer be required at my evening job due to a multi national acquiring the lab ( pathology lab ). That really upset me as its pretty much taking me back to square one with my budget especially when I don't have my husband's income to fall back on. So yea, another hiccup along the way, but on a positive note, I will be able to start going to the gym again as I won't be so tired !! I can honestly say I've missed it immensely and really can't wait to top my 7 minutes on the X trainer ! I've been receiving emails from Vlad my PT saying where are you ?!?! and I've been far to embarassed to reply back. Im sure he will be stoked to see me when I return !
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:58 pm

Good to hear you liked Calorie King, its such a good website and has all aussie stuff which is great :) Thats really nice of your trainer to be following you up, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you back :) And might I add- you look STUNNING in your new pic! 8)
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:22 am

Awwww thanks ! That was taken the night I was off to the snow ... July 17th from memory, man that was a trip and a half :mrgreen: 8)
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Mandie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:35 am

That's good news that you can go back to the gym more - sucks about having less money but it's nice that you won't be so tired and overworked! It's really sweet your PT follows you up too.. he'll be thrilled to see you :)
Mandie

Postby matchbox » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:16 pm

hey helen, good to see you back :) CK is great for counting - the meal plans are really good! also have you thought about having a look at the symply too good to be true cookbooks? they all rave about them and there's a few of the recipes from the books on their forum (no as good as ours though :P) (oh there's 5 books btw) or i really like WW - don't have to count as many numbers :P (wait brb class has finished lol) ok back lol. also, lots of veggies!! (not that i can talk :P) sorry aobut the job chikki. just think of all that extra gym time though! :P

i'm around if you wanna chat or whatever, you know where to find me :wink: hehe

PS - say hi to vlad for me :mrgreen: *ducks* hehe :P
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Good to see you back Helen. :) I think we all missed you. I know what you mean but I think the break from the forums and the support shows us just how much we need it.

So some advice buy a few lemons, and when you first get up squeeze a little lemon into warm/hot water and drink it all up. This will help with digestion.

With exercise I suggest you pull out you watp dvds. I have some now and they rock.

Booger about the gain, but you know you can get it off and keep it going youve already done it before. :mrgreen:

*hugs*
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous