It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 am

Free Newsletter

Lucy/Diminishing's Set to Soar...........

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Lucy/Diminishing's Set to Soar...........

Postby Diminishing » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:13 am

Well, I have just decided to sign up for another 20 weeks of group personal training (Better Bods, for anyone in Adelaide) so thought I would finally start a progress thread for myself, to start jotting down my thoughts and feelings in relation to this journey........

I do have my blog, but that has become more artsy fartsy, so I will get to the real nitty gritty in here.

My heaviest weight ever was 97kg after the birth of my youngest daughter 2 years ago.

November 07 saw me hovering at the same weight, despite her having had her first birthday, and I still looked 9 months pregnant, LOL!

So I then started to cut the crap out a bit. No real plan, just the usual vague "I gotta lose weight".

Unsurprisingly, my New Years resolution in 2008 was to lose weight. But this time I planned it a lot more carefully, and really tried to pin down a plan for myself.

I started off on Kate Morgan, which was ideal as a kickstart. I lost 10kg over the next 3 months.

I then discovered a group personal trainer locally, so started with her in April, and I am just about to complete that 5 months journey. I have lost nearly 19kg in that 5 months, bringing my total so far to 28.8kg in 8.5 months. An average of 0.8kg per week.

The other thing I will front up about in here is that I was diagnosed with severe depression last year. I chose not to take antidepressants, but I do see a phychologist and have had to work through many emotional issues over the past year. Which has been painful and hard, but oh so worth it. I was recently re-tested with regard to the depression and I am now classed as just stressed rather than depressed!

I have 3 small children who I adore, but who drive me insane at the same time........and I am determined to lose the rest of the weight so that their lifelong view of me is of a healthy active person!

I still have over 20kg to go. I am a short arse (155cm) so in theory my goal weight is 46kg. I would like to get down as far as that, then have some room to move as I start the maintainence journey.

My "Before and During" photos are HERE
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Re: Lucy/Diminishing's Set to Soar...........

Postby Kaz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:27 am

Hi Lucy

Congrats on your achievements so far you have done so well. Where abouts is Better Bods located????

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby Diminishing » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:13 am

Kaz, thank you.

Better Bods is based in a Athelstone, at the little studio at Fox Field..........but a lot of the girls I have worked with over the past 5 months have come from all over Adelaide to work with Lynda, who is the personal trainer. It has been brilliant for me.....so brilliant I just signed up for another 5 month course! She has taught me so much! Let me know if you want more details?
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:23 am

Ok my early bird, Im going to aim to be up there with ya every morning exercising ! We'll do this together !

Go US !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Diminishing » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:41 am

Good Plan Miss Helen!

Bleary eyed but SO SO energised once we are back! (I feel fantastic now.........I have just done intervals up a killer hill with a nice walk back down........)
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:57 am

Im tired reading that !
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Kaz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Thanks for the offer but Athelstone is a touch to far as I live in Seaford Rise. Bit like North pole/South pole. At the moment I am just using my devil's torture device (elliptical trainer :lol: ) and when I drop a few more kilos may look at a gym or PT.

Kaz

Postby Diminishing » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 pm

elliptical trainer? Eeek, that sounds scary!

You're right, Athelstone to Seaford Rise is a bit too out there.......never mind.....
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby Kaz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:43 pm

My elliptical trainer is what the gyms call a x trainer. It is just the technical name for it. I remember when I first bought it I used to do an hour on my treadmill (that I sold and replaced with the trainer) and felt fine but when I first tried the trainer I almost died after 10 mins LOL!!!

Kaz

Postby Diminishing » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Ahhh, a cross trainer! I hear you on the pain thing..........I use one every weds morning in a group personal training session and it KILLS me, LOL!
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby Diminishing » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Interesting day today. A day full of disasters (lost my purse, had my hours reduced at work etc etc). Lots of litle things that would normally send me screaming for the fridge........I am an emotional eater, and if things go wrong, then that is my worst time.

But I have been listening a lot to the Paul Mckenna hypnotherapy cd for weight loss, and I reckon it has made a difference.

Because despite all the annoying and frustrating things that have happened today, I have remained in control...........which is a lovely feeling..........
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Im sorry that you have a disastrous day .... But congratulations on your super effort !

*BIG HUGS*
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:17 pm

Oh damn On the day. Good on you for not letting it get you down.
Hugs*
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Diminishing » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Thanks chickees.

I definately have an addictive personality.............I managed not to eat, but I did SPEND UP BIG!

Finally got round to buying a new digi camera. And then spent a fortune on some new very beautiful Egyptian cotton sheets and a quilt cover. In pure white. So exy. So sexy.
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby hippy_shake » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:02 am

Hey good on you for not comfort eating- and if you must replace food with spending then on the odd occaision I say so be it! At least its not gonna go straight to your thighs. Mmmm egyptian cotton love that stuff!!

:) Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous