It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:34 am

Free Newsletter

faTTi wants to be skiNNi

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

faTTi wants to be skiNNi

Postby faTTi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:56 am

I guess this is where I start. I have 41 kg to lose, more would be great but hey lets not go crazy. I'm breaking it down into mini goals of 10kg each just to see progress. So my first goal is to crack 100kg. How sad. I was 90kg only 6 months ago, it has piled on. I start Duromine 15mg tomorrow. I will weigh in weekly only - I am far too addcited to the scale so this will be hard by itself. This will be my 'blog' of progress and success, I will not fail!

faTTi 8)

First Mini Goal: 100kg

faTTi

Re: faTTi wants to be skiNNi

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:44 am

I can't wait to read more fatti :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Peaches » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:48 am

I know what you mean about being addicted to the scale, gets disappointing when i havent lost those 5kg's since i last weighed myself 10 minutes ago lol! You sound like you have a great plan to start (love the second ticker in your sig for your mini goal!) and look forward to seeing your progress!
Peaches

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi & welcome!
I'm new too, looking forward to following your journey.
Good luck!
Cookiemonster... hoping to become a reformed chocoholic.

cookiemonster

Postby faTTi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks for the welcomes! The mini goal ticker is to keep me motivated, because 41 kg is just too much in one go for me. I need some sort of 'success' to keep me going. At every ten kilo goal I have a small reward, not food lol..When I hit 100kg I'm getting some kitchen appliances I've been wanting/needing for a while. I'm not allowed to get them till then. Think this will work or I'll get annoyed and buy them anyway? We'll see but i hope not!

So I took my first Duromine 15mg this morning at 11am. After reading around a bit I found out this is really a low dose, most people were on 30 or 40mg. So I told myself it probably wouldn't even do anything. One hour after taking it nothing was happening so I confirmed yep its not working (impatient much lol) and started my regular housework. Then one of children came and asked was I going to feed them lunch? :oops: And it was 1.5 hours later! The time just disappeared. My vision is slightly darty, I have to think about it to concentrate on things. I'm in slightly fast-forward motion, I was drying dishes so fast I smashed a cup lol...otherwise I feel fine. Slight headache but I suspect this is because its warm today and I have only drank the water I took the tablet with. I have a 600ml bottle of water with me now to finish. I find it hard to drink enough water. I had a banana for lunch and some crackerbread as well, as I was a little hungry.

Back to the housework :)

faTTi

Postby Skinny Mandy Moo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi Fatti,

I just wanted to let you know that a few years ago I was on Duromine 15mg and at the time I was hardly eatting anything as I was over-dieting but I found it did help. You wont notice my until it starts building up in your system. Can I just give a few words of advise though, never ever ever drink alcohol while you are on it. I did twice. The first time I did I hadn't had a tablet in 3 days so I thought I would be ok but after 3 drinks I was totally wasted and then the 2nd time I drank I had only skipped one tablet and I was violently ill. I projectile vomited everywhere and couldnt move.I ended up going off the tablets because I couldnt handle the side effects. It used to make me really spaced out and concentrating on anything was almost impossible and it use to make my heart race. Good luck on it though, give it a month and see how you go.

Skinny Moo
THIS IS NOT A DIET. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Skinny Mandy Moo

Postby faTTi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 pm

wow that sounds terrible, i don't drink alcohol so thats not a problem here :)

my kitchen is sparkling clean :lol: although my vision is a little difficult to focus, my mind seems even more so! I started cleaning the kitchen and was so focused I didn't stop till it was all done. Usually I'd do one bit, walk off do something else....you know how it goes, but not today. So far so good.

Peaches - I think I am way more addicted to the scales than I'd like to admit. Everytime I walk past the bathroom I have to talk myself out of stepping on them! And it's not like they're good numbers I'm going to see so why do I want to see them so much lol....I think I might pack them away in a box on top of the cupboard or something, so I have to actually get them out for weigh-ins, get rid of some of the "oh i'll just see how much I am now" temptation!

faTTi

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:55 am

Hiya hun. Sounds like you are off to a great start.
Ive never been on Duromine (Im too scared to ask my doc for it heheh). Sounds like you have a good mindset and you are determined to lose.

I know what you mean about the scales. I find I made a rule only to weigh in the morning and Now I have a little morning routine and I forget to weigh every day ( and I live in my bfs parents house and my scales are next to my BED), I even forget on weigh in day sometimes. I dont really mind checking everyday myself anyway. I know if Ive been naughty too much if I check :P .

Cant wait to hear about your progress. :) :D
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby faTTi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:43 pm

day two today, i took my tablet a little earlier today at 10am and its now lunch time, i'm not hungry at all! I should eat something anyway though, because I don't want my body to get used to not eating. I think I'll have some fruit soon :)

If I don't eat at usual times when I come off these pills I'm going to be starving and eating non-stop, so I'm going to try to maintain usual meals, just with healthier foods too.

I haven't done any exercise yesterday or today, unless housework counts lol...which maybe it does when you do it on fast mode :lol:

I read that some people experience sleeplessness when they start Duromine so I was worried about that, but last night I slept fine.

faTTi

Postby Peaches » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:13 pm

im on the duromine 30mg, the only side effect i get is the dry mouth. I dont even get the extra energy i keep hearing so much about! I find i have to make myself eat tho, its easy to lose track of meal times when on duromine, Im trying to stick to a minimum of 1200 calories a day, my doc said the ultimate goal was to shrink my stomach so i wont crave so much food when i come off the duromine, So im using this time whilst on them to learn about portion sizes and eating the correct amount. In the first couple of days I found that i wasnt eating enough tho and felt really tired and lethargic, so even if you dont feel like it i would suggest eating anyway!
Peaches

Postby faTTi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:40 pm

thanks peaches - when did you start the duromine by the way?

I have now discovered the dry mouth side effect. But at least my vision is now fine. The dry mouth is making me drink heaps of water so thats probably a good thing!

My main goal is also to shrink my stomach, as it takes a lot of food for me to feel full! When I used to be skinny (way back when :roll: ) I could only eat a small bit and would be stuffed lol...that would be great! I'm not hungry at all today, it is like that part is just switched off. So hopefully the reduced food intake alone will get me shrinking, as I am finding it hard to get time to exercise much.

faTTi

Postby faTTi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:37 pm

i had my first 'big' cooked dinner tonight, the last two nights i've just had a ham and salad roll. I was so full I couldn't even eat half my dinner tonight! And it wasn't a huge amount either a regular dinner plate size. I ate half, stopped for a minute and then suddenly felt so stuffed I thought I'd be sick. I'm still full now. This stuff is amazing, I've been known to easily put away two huge helpings before :oops:

faTTi

Postby Peaches » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:41 pm

I have been taking duromine for 9 days now! Im finding some days they seem to make me not hungry at all, and other days i still feel hungry. So it definately is making me watch what i eat, I prefer learning from the not hungry side of the fence tho, so i dont have my grumbling stomach influencing the decisions i make about food!
Peaches

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:18 am

Sounds like a good learning curve. Going good :D
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby faTTi » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Thanks :) Not much to report today, i stuffed up last night and had some scones with jam and cream even though i knew i shouldn't :oops:

Today i have a bit of a headache, i think from dehydration, so i've poured 2 litres of water down my throat so far. Will try to get another litre in before bed time, the constant peeing is a bit annoying though :lol:

I'm hanging out for Wednesday just so I can weigh myself again haha, the 'keeping off the scale' rule has been harder than the healthy eating so far!

faTTi

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous