It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:27 am

Free Newsletter

The tale of lilmissfatso ...

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

The tale of lilmissfatso ...

Postby lilmissfatso » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:48 am

Hey everyone

I thought that I might document my loss this way too. I must say that this forum is much more active and more supportive than ones I have been a part off in the past, and it’s free. I’m a member of a couple of others and there certainly isn’t the same sense of understanding. They seem more, hmm, ‘in theory’ based.

Anyway, as I mentioned really briefly in my intro I’m 29 and only a few weeks away from my 30th birthday. My background is basically, that I was an overweight child & teenager. I was diagnosed with a hormonal disorder when I was 14 and battled the ups and downs. I lost a little weight in Year 12 and after that my mother committed suicide and I went on a bit of a bender. I lost weight, because all I was doing was drinking heavily, smoking and not eating. After wasting a year or so and not dealing I got myself together and started shift working. Grabbing bites of food between late shifts and from then I pretty much gained and lost, gained and lost. This continued for a few years.

After a few flaky relationships I met a man, we got serious and he moved in with me. About 12 months after we both seemed to balloon and before I knew it I was 115kg, I lost around 8kg but the emotional pressure from his family was quite amazing and they blamed me for his weight gain (even though I worked full time and he just sat at home and ate)and his mother even told me that she ‘didn’t deserve’ to have a fat son because she had raised him correctly. After a while I ended up being referred to a psychiatrist to deal with my unhealthy relationship with food. It was her that helped me see that my relationship was emotionally toxic and as I grew stronger I found the strength to leave. I remain friends with my ex now, but on reflection I see how bad things really were. It’s funny, he didn’t hit me and cause scars that way, but I forgot how to think for myself, how to care about myself and how to be comfortable with myself. When we split I was back up the scale and sitting at 117ish

As soon as I finally got in to my own place I dropped from 117 to 108 and felt much better. Although I knew I had more to lose I was happier being in control. Over the next 12 months without doing anything apart from being ok with myself I lost another 3kg and felt great.

Then it happened, my curse it seems. I met a boy and we fell for each other on the spot. We are now happily living together and have been for about 10 months. During that time I noticed myself going from 105 to 108.7 and I really want my relationship gain to be a thing of the past. He was an apprentice chef when we met, so there was a lot of good food around. The gain was not linked to emotional eating. I want to be healthy and happy and for us to be able to live a long happy life together. I also have a lot of genetic lady problems (thanks mum! :shock: ) and may need to have assistance to conceive, so I want to be at my optimal weight range when it comes time. It’s funny, but without that external pressure to improve myself that is just what I want to do. When I mentioned to my partner that I wanted to shift some kilos, his reaction was nothing but support and encouragement and a reminder that he loves me no matter what and I shouldn’t try to do it because I think he wants me to.

I have my first weigh in on Tuesday morning and I thought that I might post my efforts here, because I am using a WW system, but not going to meetings, I thought the level of accountability would be good for me.

Thanks to listening to me ramble!

Rach
Heaviest: 117kg (06) - got to 105kg
Oct 08 SW: 108.7
Mini Goal 1: 105kg on my 30th - done

Mini Goal 2: Under 100 before xmas

lilmissfatso

Re: To tale of lilmissfatso ...

Postby tania2573 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:15 am

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.Everyone here is so helpful and supportive.You will do great.
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks for sharing. Im sorry to hear about your Mum and the conception issue. I understand the toxic relationship unfortunately you dont see it until you are out do you?
It sounds like you have a WONDERFUL caring man now who cares fo you. :)
Good Luck.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Re: The tale of lilmissfatso ...

Postby lilmissfatso » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:16 pm

Thanks Guys. :D

lilmissfatso

Postby Tarz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:02 am

Hi Rach and welcome to the forum, you have had quite a rollercoaster in the past but thats all going to change. Your in a stable place at the moment and you have us to keep you in line.
It can be hard when you move in with a partner becasue you don't notice the weight go on, as long as you catch yourself out before it becomes a big issue your fine. Your partner must be able to cook some really yummy healthy meals since he's a chef!
Goodluck on your journey, we'll be here for any support you need. Good luck!
Tarz

Postby lilmissfatso » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks Taraz, I've got my first weigh in tomorrow morning. And I'm excited :D I can't say that I have ever been excited about jumping on the scales before...even when I have been losing. Fingers crossed.

PS It's really bugging me that I didn't proof my original post and now every time I look at the title it says "To" instead of "The". Grumble :roll:

lilmissfatso

Postby yoyogirl88 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:32 pm

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure you did great.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby matchbox » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:08 pm

all fixed :wink:

good luck with your weigh in. you've done really well so far so i'm sure it will pay off! :)

PS - welcome to the board :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby lilmissfatso » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:26 am

I am happy to report that this morning I had a 2.4 kilo loss! I am very happy with that. I was hollering so much with happiness that the bf thought I’d slipped in the bathroom and got up to check I was ok. :D

PS Matchbox, thank you so much! That little error was driving me mad!

lilmissfatso

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:51 am

Well done lilmiss :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:29 am

Grats hun. :)
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby matchbox » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:59 am

no worries :)

and congrats on the awesome loss!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby lilmissfatso » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi all

Just checking in. I’ve had a very busy week, not allowing for a great deal of internet time. That and I’m on dial up at home….grrr.

I’ve only lost 900g this week and I can’t understand why. Though I have had a very ‘heavy’ feeling this week. I think I may have carbo loaded a little too much. Hoepfully it will sort itself out before next weigh in.

But a loss is a loss, right? And that is still 3.3kg in 2 weeks.

lilmissfatso

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:25 pm

That's a great loss lilmiss :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:20 pm

900grams is a GREAT loss. Good on you. :) Keep it up.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous