It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Listen to my body talk, or the theory?

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Listen to my body talk, or the theory?

Postby lilmissfatso » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi everyone

I would really love some opinions. We all know that if we starve ourselves, after a few days you get really hungry and binge on anything you can get your hands on. But what happens if you have an allotted amount that you should eat in a day and you’re just not hungry?

You see I am on ww points, or a version there of and I find that most of the time I don’t want to eat my calories worth for the day. Now, according to ww it is only goo to leave 4 points per day, and the rest should be used. I never walk around starving, but I do enjoy that ‘just enough fuel to run’ feeling that you get. I know my body and if I don’t feel that, I don’t lose. I also have no gall bladder, so I digest a little differently to most.

I guess my fear is that I might not eat much over 3 days, be a bit hungrier for a few days after that and that even if I don’t go over my daily intake that my weight might go back up. But why eat if I do not need it?

What are your thoughts?

Rach
Heaviest: 117kg (06) - got to 105kg
Oct 08 SW: 108.7
Mini Goal 1: 105kg on my 30th - done

Mini Goal 2: Under 100 before xmas

lilmissfatso

Re: Listen to my body talk, or the theory?

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:16 pm

You sound exactly like me (right down to the awol gall bladder :P ), I can't see the point of eating if you're not hungry, a complete turnaround from the past I can assure you. I rarely to never make the 'minimum requirements' but I never go hungry, nor do I binge. I have three meals a day, (have just recently started having breakfast everyday), if I get hungry in between meals I reach for fruit or cut up celery or carrot etc. and I exercise everyday. I have had a couple of planned binges but I certainly didn't go overboard and it didn't lead to anymore.

My opinion is there are no hard and fast rules, everyone is different and what is right or wrong for one will not be right or wrong for someone else.

Just my thoughts anyway :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby lilmissfatso » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks for that, I’m interested in how everyone else approaches it or if it comes up as an issue for other people at all.

Well, I guess I’ll know tomorrow morning when I jump on the scales for the first time ‘this round’. :D
Heaviest: 117kg (06) - got to 105kg
Oct 08 SW: 108.7
Mini Goal 1: 105kg on my 30th - done

Mini Goal 2: Under 100 before xmas

lilmissfatso

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Good luck for tomorrow :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous