It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:16 am

Free Newsletter

Duromine - Not working???

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Duromine - Not working???

Postby smd » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 pm

Hey all!

Wondering if i could get an opinion from those of you who are on/have taken duromine!

I did Tony ferguson diet around 2years ago and lost 26kgs..i managed to keep it all off...and then over the two years i only put back on 7kgs which i was quite happy about given i did slack off abit!

Anyway so i started duromine as i wanted a kick start to loose that 7kgs ( i currently weigh 70kgs)..i started duromine in mid July on 30mg...had no side effects at all..i lost 3.5kgs in around 2weeks..and was eating healthy and excercising...after that I lost no weight...so i went on for another mth of 30mg..again no side effects at all, sleeping fine, still eating like normal and did not loose any weight at all so im quite negative towards this actually working, or maybe it just doesnt work for me?

Im now im on my 2nd day of duromine 40mg...so far no side effects at all..bit of a dry mouth i have been drinking heaps of water...slept fine last night....only side effect i have found (which is a good one) is that i feel in a good mood all the time...i didnt eat much yesterday (cup of soup and a sandwich) but i think the only reason i didnt eat much is because i kept telling myself i shouldnt be hungry..but i know i could of eaten heaps more...

any advice would be appreciated
smd

Re: Duromine - Not working???

Postby Peaches » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Im currently on duromine 30g. I find that some days my appetite is non existant and other days that i still feel hungry. When i first started on them, they didnt seem to work and my appetite was normal, it wasnt until 2 days later, i think, that they actually had an effect. From info i have read after a while they will stop working for you as your body builds a tolerance or something to it. So perhaps this is what is happening with you. I would suggest going to see your doctor to get more info.
Peaches

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 pm

First of all good on YOU for losing all that weight in thefirst place. Secondly on Duromine or not, your body needs food. So your best bet is to eat more (a cup of soup and a sandwich OUch lol, My body would be revolting against me BAD). I suggest Having a good breakfast lunch and dinner with a coupe of small snacks (fruit veggies that sorta thing). Also are you doing any Exercise?

Good luck:)
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby smd » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Thanks heaps for your advice, much appreciated!

Yeah im doing 15mins on my excercise bike and i also jog for around 10mins on my mini trampoline every night!
Maybe im not excercsing enough I think!

I know these pills are only a temp/quick weight tool, I guess because everyone who was wrote about it has had such success I was wondering why I wasnt :( obviously i love that i have no side effects and im sleeping fine!! Im just abit bummed i have spend $300 on these and not having much luck!!

Have you been on duromine yourself??
smd

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:49 pm

:) I haven't myself. I have wanted to, but I'm a big chicken and wont ask my doctor about it. :) My best friend was on it a while back and she had zilch success and then her mum went on it and lost 10 kgs. Ive had another friend tell me its works wonders but told me not to try it unless I was determined to take the weight off because it would only work once, I dont know how accurate that is but I had a workmate say the same thing a while back.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby conscientia » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm on my first day of it today
I hadn't even heard of it till my doctor prescribed it after i told him i was having troubles kickstarting my weight loss due to my asthma.
I'm not really hungry but he encouraged me to eat about 5 teeny tiny meals per day in order to not only keep my metabolism up, but so I don't stack all the weight back on when I stop taking them
Here's hoping it will work for all of us :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqWyt8Z/]
[/url]

SW: 111.7 (07/11/08)
CW: 96.6 (6/04/09)
GW: 69
LTD: 15.1
conscientia

Postby o2bthin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:23 pm

i'm starting on duromine tomorrow, a little hesitant due to all to criticisms but we'll see how it goes!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9le0x2/]
[/url]
o2bthin

Postby mumnbub » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:10 pm

I think duromine works if you eating right and exercising- its not a miricle cure, just an aid. If your not giving yourself every chance then it wont work. its not a way of starving yourself- that does not work no matter what your doing. Plus if your body is at a weight that is appropriate then taking a pill wont change anything, its only to stop you over eating- not make you lose weight, you still need to follow a healthy diet to do that.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby timooke » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:54 pm

I found that I was having some shocking side effects the first time I used the 30mg, I couldn't sleep, was vomiting a lot and had horrible headaches, while I lose 10 kg in the first week it was because I ate next to nothing and what I did eat I wasn't able to keep down.

So I stoped taking them for a fortnight and in this time but all but 2 kgs back on while still eatting correctly,
I then started to take them again this time I have been eatting a healthy breakfast then taking one this seems to making a world of difference and have had a steady lose of 5kg over the last week, so I think in my case the secert is to stop thinking that it is a magic fix that requires nothing of me and to start using it in the same way I would use any other medication responsible, with a correct diet and exercise.
timooke

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous