It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 am

Free Newsletter

My journey to a fitter me

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

My journey to a fitter me

Postby Ophir » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 am

This time i am promising myself that i will make it. Hubby and i got back from a 6 week holiday O/S just over a month ago. When i got back i weighed in at 86.5kg :oops: my highest ever. As of yesterday i am 84kg. I dont want to get down to an ultra skinny weight, a toned size 12 maybe 10 would be nice - around 65-70kg.

I really am hoping that i will make it this time as i have been strggling to get to my goal for 3.5 years now. The difference now is that Hubby is not working nights anymore so i cant skip dinner and eat a block of chocolate instead. OH is also on the path to improving his health and we have both joined the gym over the road from our new place. We are both going regularly and enjoying it. The gym has squash courts which members can use for free of a weekday before 5pm and all weekend so we are going to start playing squash or raquetball of a weekend when we have the free time.

I have bought myself a bag of fun sized coles mars bar type things which i have at work and have 1 or 2 a day. I find it helps the sugar craving and chocolate craving.

As of this week im starting a fortnightly meal plan and food shop which will help us with our eating. Not sure if it will save money but it will make things easier and also eliminate us not knowing what to cook for dinner and making something really bad.

Fingers crossed this time we both make our goals.
Ophir

Re: My journey to a fitter me

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 am

It sounds like you are on the right track and congrats on your loss so far :D .

The eating plan sounds like a good thing.
I also like your idea of allowing yourself a choccie treat or similar each day, I do exactly the same thing as, for me, it totally eliminates my urge to binge on such things.
Good luck :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:09 am

Hey, sounds like you are off to a good start. Its good you have your Hubby on the plan with you. Mine refuses to join me at the gym and he can eat whatever he likes.

Enjoy your treats, they are nice mmmmmm treats.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby matchbox » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 pm

best of luck - the meal plans sound great!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Ophir » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Thank you :) Most of the recipies for this fortnight are from CSIRO book 1, a couple from WW lite eating and a few from a basic cookbook since i get a bit burnt out cooking complex meals every night.

Off to the gym tonight. I have decided to make my gym days Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. It tends to be very quiet on the weekend and Thursday night, but very busy of a wednesday, so Wednesdays will become my shopping night.
Ophir

Postby Ophir » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:23 am

What a bad few days...oh well. Female hormones and all that. A bit to much chocolate and fish and chips....huge carb cravings. Think its all settled down now.

Took myself off to the gym last night and i might go again tonight, will see. I havent seen my husband since Tuesday due to work (only seen him while we are sleeping!) so i might just spend some quality time with him. Will be at the gym saturday and sunday anyway.
Ophir

Postby Ophir » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:08 pm

I have put myself on a 12 week challenge and so far so good. Just have to keep working away at it.
Ophir

Postby Ophir » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:18 pm

I really wish this belly would just melt away, i hate it. Off to the gym tonight.
Ophir

Postby Ophir » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:28 am

Didnt make it to the gym tonight. OH and i went for an hour long walk instead. We discovered the bike track up the road a little (would be brilliant if we had bikes). Oh and i ate way to many almonds lastnight, im just not having them in the house anymore.

Definately off to the gym a while this evening.
Ophir

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous