It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Chunky not any more !!!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Chunky not any more !!!!

Postby chucky » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:38 pm

Something happened to me today, and I am so embaressed to even admit this but I am going to because I am really serious about this all now... And I cant wait to wake up tommorrow with a fresh mind and fun times ahead.

Ok my story :evil: As it was McHappy Day today, we went to Macers on the way home...We ate it as we were driving. I dont know why but DH brought an extra one to share. So I ate a large big mac meal plus another half a one. OMG WTF was I thinking??? i was onto the last half and I was so full, DH looked at me and said throw it out if you dont want it. I was so full but ended up eating it... My stomach ballooned out and oh lets face it, it was atrocious (sp??).. I was so embaressed and around my DH...

Something just clicked after I ate it. I wanted to cry... The past few weeks I have not eaten 1 think healthy and I smoke and I am scared eventually if I keep going I will have a heart attack or something else life threating. In the end I suppose what I am doing now is life threating hey .....

I am weighing my heaviest at 88kg. I havnt weighed this is along time, if ever.... My clothes are getting way to tight and I just basically feel so fat and gross...

I am making it my mission to do this... NO more falling off the wagon and No more excuses, I will not take it anymore.

I am not going to put to much pressure on myself about it, because when I do I fail, but I am going to try really hard to eat well, eexcerise and also give up those dirty smokes.....
MELANIE

13/10/08 - 88KG
GW: 70KG
chucky

Re: Chunky not any more !!!!

Postby PumpkinKitty » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:39 pm

((((hugs))))

I know the feeling.
PumpkinKitty

Postby Fireball » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:12 am

Hey Chucky. I really relate to what happened with the Maccers. :( But it sounds like you have made the decison to make some serious lifestyle changes. Good on you. And you are right about life threatening. My sister had a heart attack last year at 53. :shock: I would never have guessed she was that at risk! She is sooo lucky she didn't die, she didn't even know she was having a heart attack. Recently I saw my doctor and she said to me, "You can't keep getting away with it, it will catch up with you." (Referring to my weight). I don't know how old you are but there are lots of health risks besides the obvious. I have a plantar fascia, which is basically an inflamed tendon on the foot - yowl it hurts. It is due to obesity and I didn't even know it existed until I got it. So I think you are wise to consider your health and take action before you develop problems. I used to smoke 60 a day and quit. I don't even think about smoking and definitely don't miss it. So I encourage you to go for it!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby chucky » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:25 pm

Fire Ball 60 day :shock: WOW how did you give up? I find it so hard. I do really want to. I have this packet left. Instead of just throwing them out I am going to just smoke less the next few days and then see how I feel. I may buy another pack and eventually in the next few weeks stop by cutting one more out a day and so on.
I went to the dr on Monday coz I felt so sick all the time, and was tired falling alseep all the time etc. The blood test came back normal. Good in a way, but if i still feel this way in a week I have to go back and have a full blood test. I had one not so long ago so he didnt test me for it all.

Well today I was so pleased with myself. I came home sick with a migrain from work, and I drove past 3 Macers, each time I thought, oh god I would love some, but I decided to keep driving and I went and brought some multigrain bread and a choc light big M. It was so yummy ... I was so proud I didnt give in :D
Its raining here so if it stops I am going to take the dog for a walk... If not then I will do some cruches, and lungers etc later on..

And I am drinking water and not coke... How I would love some though lol.. But wont today.

For lunch I had 5 vegimite Karvita (if thats what there called, a thing wholemeal crisp) and strawberrys. And I actuallly quiet enjoyed it.

Gee maybe this health scare has scared me enough to become a good girl
MELANIE

13/10/08 - 88KG
chucky

Postby chucky » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Why is it the people around you cant be supportive. I know this is terribly selfish of me, but why does my DH have to buy an ice cream right in front of me when I am watching what I eat, and then by a bottle of coke :oops: I had both :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted:
MELANIE

13/10/08 - 88KG
chucky

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:59 am

I know the feeling! I went to my BF's house the other day after work, he knew i was coming, he knew what time i finished etc, yet when I got there he'd just started chowing down on maccas :( I'm glad I resisted but its not fair!!!!

If we aren't allowed to eat anything unhealthy then no one else is, right?!?!?!
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 pm

I'm so sorry to hear your hubby isn't being more supportive. Maybe you should tell him that next time he has ice-cream and coke in front of you you will feed him nothing but lettuce for a week to make up for it? :twisted:

Is there any way you can set boundaries so that he can still eat his stuff without tempting you? Maybe that he can only eat it while you're out of the house. Or preferably eat it while at work or out and about so he's not bringing it into the house in the first place?

I'm lucky that I'm vegan. So if my partner wants treats he just gets stuff with animal products in it so I can't eat it anyway.

And Chucky, I want to congratulate you on passing by the MacDonalds on your way home without stopping. Especially since you had a migraine! I know that whenever I get migraines I crave fatty, sugary foods so that would not have been easy. Good on you! Stick with it and I'm sure you'll see great results in no time at all.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fireball » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:46 am

Hey Chucky. How's it going?

I know what you mean about your DH eating in front of you. The other day at the movies my husband was buying Twisties. We had been out to dinner and I was excellent. But when he bought the Twisites i wanted them. I asked can we share? (When he has treats and I am dieting I only have a small number usually up to 5 pieces.) He said no. :shock: I was fuming because then I had to choose whether to buy some or not. Well I deceided to buy a slushy and chup-a-chup. I enjoyed myself and still lost weight. I thought about it. He is not supportive and I know it. I decided I will not be a victim. If I am serious about wieghtloss I have to learn to deal with situtions. I apologised to my husband for being annoyed. I said I am angry at me because I want to lose weight but have little self control. It frustrtaes me that I have to deal with this but then I remind myself, this is because of all the times I ate too much. This has nothing to do with him. A lot of the time he wasnt even around when I was eating all those extra kJ. I want to eat everything and I feel I'm missing out. So I separate my behaviour from his.

This is how I quit smoking while he still smoked. We had already stopped smoking inside because we had little kids and stale smoke stinks. When we bought a newer car we agreed to not smoke in it because our last one smelt so foul. This had taught me that you cant have a smoke all the time whenever you want. It also meant that our living environment wasnt full, of smoke. One day, I decided - I will quit. I made an appointment and went to the doctor, not for any help but to formalise my goal. I didnt tell my husband in advance. I decided to avoid being around smokers for a while while I got used to it. I bought nicotine patches - the strongest ones and put them on each morning Week 1.Week 2 I bought the same patches but cut them in half and used them. (cheaper than buying lower strength patches). When they ran out I bought another packet of full strength patches and cut them in quarters. This saved me a lot of money. And by the end of packet 3 I did not want any more. I decided I was now a non-smoker and would not return to smoking. It was a determined decision. I had tried before but I didn't want to keep going through this and being a failure. I also know that it is one of the worst health risk factors. Everyone is different so you need to look at what you think will work for you. If I was going to quit these days I would ring the Quit line and see what help they offer...

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Gordz » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Can relate to the partner influencing bad decisions Mel. Whenever the gf is around we usually end up having parma's at the pub or take away. Neither of us really cook. It sh!ts me that she eats what she wants an stays at 55kg.. and sh!ts me even more that i'm nearly 3 times her weight. When she's not around however, I feel free to have the shakes, workout, go walking etc. So I talked to her about it, and voiced my concerns about her bad influence on my fitness, and how I'd like to see her less during the week, so I can concentrate more on myself. To which she cracked it. So the way I see it, if she can't support me, I'd rather be single.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby soontolookdamhot » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:42 pm

yep my hubby is the same, they like u thin but just dont anything to actually help u like trying to get u both walking, by trying to make healthy meals or by trying to limit junk food being brought grrrr GOODLUCK.
soontolookdamhot

Postby whit3tig3y » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Wow, and I thought my partner was bad, but reading this he really isn't as bad as i thought. He encourages me to exercise to a degree. He finds nice bush walking tracks and waterfalls etc for us to go explore, so on that regard he's good. And eating, he wont tell me to eat healthy, but when i eat something unhealthy you can see a look in his face that says i shouldnt have it but most of the time i ignore it becaue he doesn't say it.

He also helps me pick the healthiest options at the shop. Most of the time we go through every item we buy and find out which brand is the best for you lol. And even he does it for things that are only for him, i dont like cheese unless i'm having a lasagne, so i told him just buy himself some cheese. He stood there comparing how healthy they were i told him not to worry because i had low fat cheese at home for the lasagne, and he said that it does matter he may as well see which ones healthier :lol:

But he could stand to lose about 10kg, which he's trying to do.. I'm pretty sure it would be a whole new kettle of fish if he were at an optimum weight, i don't envy you :(
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby chucky » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks for all your reply's.. I have not been on for weeks. I actually said my goodbyes, only coz i was being a sook and thought i didnt actually belong. But guess what, I think I do belong. I need the support...

My only questions is how will i get threw christmas, and eat well??
MELANIE

13/10/08 - 88KG
chucky

Postby chucky » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:50 pm

can this thread be locked please?
MELANIE

13/10/08 - 88KG
chucky