It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 am

Free Newsletter

Determined Dee

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Determined Dee

Postby deedee » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:44 am

Okay so this is about the trillionth time I have started a weight loss campaign, only this time I am determined to complete what I start no matter what obstacles or set backs I encounter. I am nearly 41 and I remember saying to myself as 35 I have to get fit, healthy and happy with my body. Well that was 6 yrs ago and I am now 22kg heavier than I was back then.
I have decided to get my diet a bit more balanced before I start exercising because I find that if I don't do my exercise then I feel like I have failed and the eating starts. So I have given myself a goal of 3 months for this to happen.
I started off well yesterday with smaller portions for lunch and dinner and porrige and fruit for brekky. I drank my quota of water and I was feeling quite chuffed.......then the phone rang. A good friend of my parents was on the phone his wife had passed away the night before from cancer. I was felling horrid as I was suppose to go and see her the previous week whilst she was in hospital but I kept putting it off because my mum had only passed away in July and seeing her fried in the same hospital looking the same way was just too much. So I felt terribly guilty that I never went.
I did the most natural thing in the world for me, I ate not as much as I usually do (that is only because there was nothing in the fridge or cupbords except healthy food) but it was still something that I didn't need.
Anyway today is a new day and although sad about mums friend I am positive that I will have a good day.

Dee

SW: 112.3
CW: 112.3
MG: 97
GW: 70
deedee

Re: Determined Dee

Postby electrongirl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:59 am

Hi Dee and welcome!

I totally understand how something like that can cause you to go off the rails. My nanna passed away this week and I havn't had the energy to cook so we have been eating pretty bad food here lately. So I have decided that the diet will be shelved until after Christmas.

But this place is a great source or support & advice so feel free to ask for help!

Nikki
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous