It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Have you lost alot??

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Have you lost alot??

Postby o2bthin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Just a question for those of you who have lost alot of weight, did you have any issues with your skin sagging once you lost it?
If so, does anyone have any suggestions as to how this is best prevented/reduced?
TIA
xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9le0x2/]
[/url]
o2bthin

Re: Have you lost alot??

Postby mumnbub » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:46 pm

I have lost 15kg so far and still have some to go- but have already noticed the sagging which i think when you have had a large stomach for so long it will happen- but there are ways to minimise this or avoid it- one is take your weight loss slowly, as much as we want to lose the weight overnight it is best to lose 500g to 1kg a week and allow your body to shrink. I also think it is important to strengthen the muscles to help tighten the stomach and other areas. Dont know if moisturiser really does help but I think it cant hurt so will keep doing it.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Shalimar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:20 pm

I have lost just shy of 80kgs. and my belly and inner thighs have sagged a little but nowhere near the amount I thought they would.
Compared to the extra 80kgs. I was carrying this time last year, I'll take the sagging anyday.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby o2bthin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:23 pm

wow! 80kgs is amazing!!!
Congratulations! i originally put of losing the weight as i convinced myself that i would rather be that size than have sagging skin (really just a cop out for being lazy i think!) but it seems to be that as long as you keep up resistance/weights work it tightens up a bit?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9le0x2/]
[/url]
o2bthin

Postby Shalimar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Thanks very much :) , I do walking every day and some light arm weights, maybe I just got lucky!

Shalimar

Postby Ambryi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Not that I know a lot on this subject, but to add my 2c worth...

I think it's partially genetic - Ie, some people will be predisposed to sagging skin and some others will be luckier in that regard. Just like most people have varying amounts of stetch marks and such. (I know one girl that didn't get a single mark from her pregnancy - cow :P )

It also depends how much you lose per week - and I would *highly, highly* recommend keeping it realistic. Another friend of mine lost a lot of weight when she was 16-ish (about 20kg in 4 months or something ridiculous along those lines) and know shes stuck with the saggy belly, even though she has put on the weight and lost it several times since then.

Also, congrautlaions again Shalimar, you must be so proud!!

And good luck to the o2bthin :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby chubby-no-more » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:20 am

I was 122.5 and got down to 80 kg which for me was a size 10 on top and a size 14 on bottom - i have some ghetto booty and I did not have any sagging skin, my arms still had bat wings tho - only smaller no matter how much work i did on my triceps. damn. And I los my wieght in about 6-8 months. Just take it easy and if you end up with some saggy skin - it will still feel better and look better than feeling fat. Oh my boobs where hit the worst, they just shrank and went to nothing. But hubby still said i was well sexier with the smaller boobs and weight off because I was so much more confident and happier in my skin.

good luck for your journey and hopefully good luck on mine
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8IrU57/]
[/url]

A healthy example for my beautiful baby girl!
chubby-no-more

Postby Shalimar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:33 am

I too have lost a lot in the boobs, I have gone from a dd to a c and it is so noticeable :P .

Shalimar

Postby Czarina » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:28 pm

I have lost just over 30kg and I think because I have done it slowly (about .5kg a week), I have managed to avoid loose, saggy skin. I hope I don't lose my boobs, I like my DDs!
Czarina

Postby Shalimar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:30 pm

I was rather attached to my dd's as well Czarina as was hubby of course and my bras now look so tiny in comparison to my old ones :lol: .

Shalimar

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Gosh im so nervous about losing my tits :(
And sagging skin never occured to me until now, so i hope to take it easy, and mayb up my weights a lil' bit to strengthn my muscles...
warriorsgirl

Postby xlannalx » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:19 pm

im scared of the saggy skin too

"chubby-no-more" i need to lose around 40kg's and will be doing it in around 6 months and i hope i am as lucky as you and dont get saggy skin. what did you do to lose that much in that amount of time and did you do alot of weights training? at the moment im doing pilates and it really gets my stomach and arms and thighs burning which i hope will combat saggy skin which usually appears in those areas.

oh and i do this push up thing you do by facing ur back to a bench or chair thats about waist height and you put ur hands on it and lower yourself so your legs are at a 90degree angle and you push urself up (a weird standing up backwards pushup) and you can really feel it in ur triceps (i reeeaaally dont want bat wings)

oh gosh all you girls have started off with high cup sizes and im already only a C/D cup (no big dd's for me! lol) so i hope i dont like go to a B or something worse... maybe they'll stay ... hopefully *fingers crossed*
xlannalx

Postby chubby-no-more » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:08 pm

I did a combo of walking every day for 1 hour at least, then body pump 4 times per week and body attack 3 times per week and weight training with free weight on the days I did body attack. I was burning a minimum of 1500 calories per day. Not a very sustainable way to lose weight, but as for the skin it did not sag. I also used palmers body lotion, the anti stretch mark stuff and managed to only get a few stretch marks. Pity that during my pregnany I gained a few more.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8IrU57/]
[/url]

A healthy example for my beautiful baby girl!
chubby-no-more

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous