It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:50 am

Free Newsletter

Yellowroses' weight loss blog

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Yellowroses' weight loss blog

Postby yellowroses » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Today:

AF: CD 31 (God this is getting to me. This is the first month that I've kept track of my cycle because we might be TTC soon. I didn't realise they were so long!)

Eating Habits: Breakfast was 2 english muffins with 2 eggs, smoked salmon, natural yoghurt and tomato. Dinner was a piece of bbq'd chicken, salad, and two slices of bread. Snacks were 1 cup of Jarrah with 6 marshmallows and 1 diet dark chocolate pudding. Total calorie intake: 1248.

Exercise habits: none.

Thoughts/Feelings: I feel good that I've been staying under my calorie limit for the last few days. I'm pretty proud! Uni is a bit less stressful. I'm finally started moving on this massive assignment and I feel like I can do it all now. I feel disappointed in myself that I haven't gone to the gym, but today I had an odd day - I couldn't get to sleep all night, so had breakfast at about 7am, and then had a nap from 9 til 1.30. I got my marks back from my last two assignments today - both worth 20% for different subjects - 93/100 for one and 86/100 for the other :D Hoping I go to sleep relatively early tonight, and that I'll get more work done on my assignment tomorrow and then go to the gym during the day :D
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby milkyway » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Congrats on those excellent uni results, Yellowroses. That must be very motivating and I'm really glad to hear that you're not as stressed about your assignments as you have been.

Well done on your eating, too. But get thyself to the gym girl!!! :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby yellowroses » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Today:

AF: CD 1 (YAY! Kinda)

Eating Habits: Breakfast was a Weight Watchers Hot Pot (2.30pm, about 3 hours after waking up). Lunch was a banana/vanilla optislim smoothie, and dinner was a Healthy Choice Honey Mustard Chicken meal with a half egg white/half regular egg omelette with onion and mushroom. Snacks consisted of 1 Jarrah Hot choc, a small pack of pitos and a diet dark chocolate pudding. Total Calorie intake: 1625.

Exercise Habits: None.

Thoughts/Feelings: Today officially sucked with my eating. I waited too long to eat breakfast, and I just snacked every time I felt hungry, until dinner time at which point I was STARVING! I was like what? Why am I so hungry? I checked CK and saw that I had eaten less than 1000 calories between 11.30am and 8pm! No wonder! So I made myself a largish (not really that large) meal of mostly protein and a bit of carbs (the rice in the frozen meal) that really hit the spot. No exercise again today, but in my defence I got AF today and I feel like my body is ripping apart at the womb, plus I don't like going to the gym when I have AF, even though I'm sure it would make me feel better! When the pain dies down I'll go. I figure that now that I seem to have my eating in order (I've been pretty good, haven't really been obsessing about it and I know now what I should and shouldn't be eating in terms of calories, and I've kinda become concious of how much stuff is worth without having to check CK all the time!) then next week I can start quitting smoking, and start going back to the gym. The low fat stuff that I'm eating - the chocolates and stuff - is good because it means that I'm steering clear of the giant tub of vanilla sarah lee ice-cream in our freezer! Its been in there for 2 weeks now and I haven't touched it :D So proud! I haven't studied yet. DH is sick, and my stomach is killing me, so we've been lying in bed all day feeling sorry for ourselves with hot water bottles and the heater on high because it's FREEZING! I wish I could go to the gym, my legs are sore as and I was really determined when I woke up this morning to go and then about an hour later I started cramping and realised that AF had reared her stupid head. On the plus side, my intense chocolate cravings have gone! I feel really proud of myself for sticking to it, especially after last week when I could have so easily said "Nope, f it, I'm gonna eat all this bad food and get bigger", instead I didn't and I said to myself "If I eat that I'm making a choice to be fat, and I don't want to be fat, I want to be fit and healthy. I'm making a choice to be healthy". I guess that stern talking to myself did some good to my brain and instead of my little devil on my shoulder going "Go on, eat it, it wont kill you", my angel on my other shoulder has beaten little devil man down to a pulp and is telling me that "Yes, it will kill you. Don't eat it, eat the healthy stuff instead". *Pats angel* Good angel :) I weighed myself this morning too, unofficially - 124.9kg!!

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby MissReena » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Well Done Yellow Rose for steering clear of the unhealthy food choices. :D You always feel so much better when you make those good choices and then it pays off which I am sure it will... Good luck I look forward to watching your journey! xox
2009 is my year to Shine

Wk1 - 2kg, Wk2 - 2kg, Wk3 - 2.9kg, Wk4 - 3kg
MissReena

Postby wilmawalrus » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:20 am

Why aren't you sleeping, Yellow? Is it cos of work or study or just cos you can't get to sleep? I can recommend lavender oil - a little on your shoulders or temples before you go to bed (it can also help if you have a headache or sore shoulders). I used some the other night to relax my shoulders and slept like a log!!

You're doing really well with your blog and your plan - I agree, it's about accountability. I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm sure you'll get to your goals this year!!

Cheers, Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby yellowroses » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:33 pm

Wilma - I've got insomnia something chronic partly due to my depression. I've got sleeping tablets but they make me feel terrible the next day - like I'm drunk. But I've also got blackmores sleep formula (a natural thing) and it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. I also have tried drinking lavender tea, and camomile tea which also sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. My sleeping pattern is really erratic, and I don't take in all that much caffeine. Like today/last night - I woke up yesterday at 11am, couldn't go to sleep last night, and at about 10am this morning I had a small nap until 3pm. It's not much sleep, but it's keeping me going.

Sometimes I find that there's just so much on my mind that I can't sleep - I do relaxation exercises and meditation now and sometimes it helps. Most of the time though my body just feels restless. I find that when I exercise I sleep less because my body is full of adrenaline and wants to keep doing stuff.

Yeah, it's frustrating :(

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby acutebendigogal » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi Yellow Rose

YOur blog is like looking in a mirror for me, but i sleep ok lol

My partner loves me for who iam, its just i dont love me, and that is my core to why i over eat

I need to some how break that negativity over my life, and try and see what he sees in me, it must be something good lol

YOu have inspired me to restart my journey !!!

I will weigh in tomorrow morning and try again on my weight loss and do it for me !!!!!!!!!

chat soon and thank you

me xx
I can only achieve what i choose to achieve.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNurUc1/]
[/url]
acutebendigogal

Postby yellowroses » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:22 am

Aww shucks acutebendigogal! I feel all special and warm inside now :) I really hope things go well with you, and you stick with it. I found it really hard the first two weeks, especially with christmas and new years, but this week it just seems to feel normal and easy and I don't feel 'worried' all the time about my food. I should probably start exercising now huh? :p

Today:

AF: CD 2

Eating Habits: Breakfast 3/4 egg white 1/4 egg yolk omelette (so 3 egg white, 1 regular egg) with tomato, onion, mushroom, fetta, avocado, salmon, natural yoghurt and 2 slices of toast. Lunch was 4 sushi hand rolls. Dinner was a pita bread with lean silverside, tomato, onion, cucumber, lettuce, natural yoghurt and lemonade. Snacks consisted of 4 (yes, 4) Jarrah Hot Chocolates and a bunch of marshmallows. Total calorie intake today: 1688.

Thoughts/Feelings: I feel good! My stomach cramps are slowly dissipating. I haven't had much sleep, but I feel less stressed. I'm so close to finishing this big assignment, I'm sure if I sat down for a few hours and just wrote it'd be out! I've done all the planning. As for my food, like I said above, I'm finding that it's just becoming 'normal'. I also have found that I know consciously when to stop myself from eating so that I will be happy and not hungry, but not like I've just swallowed a whole watermelon. I think next week I'll finally be able to concentrate on exercise without feeling like I've jumped in the deep end. DH has been super supportive. He cooked dinner tonight and he did really well, and he supported me by only having as much as I did. Every time I weigh myself I tell him how much I've lost or gained, and I make sure that he's aware that I'm aware of my calorie intake, and the fact that I've stuck to this for like 3 weeks now, he's seeing that I'm committed to this and not going to give up this time so he's helping me - finally. I'm looking forward to Sunday to see if my hard work has paid off. I'd be happy if I was definitely under 125kg. My birthday is coming up quickly and so's the end of this semester! Starting to freak me out how quickly this year is going already!

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby yellowroses » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:02 am

Today:

AF: CD 3

Eating Habits: Breakfast was 2 pieces of toast with banana and honey, and 2 toasted sandwiches with tomato, onion and kraft singles and 2 packets of mushroom and chive cup-a-soup. Lunch was special k, banana and blueberry yoghurt. Dinner was Mccain apricot chicken and an egg white omelette with mushroom and onion. Snacks consisted of 2 jarrah hot chocolates, 1 serving of marshmallows, a pack of pitos and a few bits of chicken that DH was experimenting with. Total Calorie intake: 2215.

Thoughts/Feelings: I'm so mad at myself!!!! I ate terribly today, and didn't exercise and went way over my calorie limit. To add to it, I weighed myself when I woke up and I was 125.1... WHAT? Why isn't anything I'm doing paying off? I swear from Monday I am kicking myself up the butt and putting myself into my own bootcamp - an hour and a half of exercise EVERY day. Rain, hail or shine. I feel fat and disgusting and horrible about myself. I wish there was something positive about today that I could reflect on. I had a big whinge and a cry to DH earlier and he told me not to give up and to take this feeling and put it into exercise. So I will. I've got 3 weeks until my birthday - I'm going to bootcamp myself until then to see if a lot of exercise has any effect on my body and can kick start it into losing weight and toning up. I'll put this into my goals tomorrow, along with an official weigh in. I hope it's less than 125. That's all I really want. 124.9 I'd be happy with. Anything - I need to push off from this number. Something to keep motivating me...

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 am

Sorry to hear things aren't paying off for you. Could you have hit a plateau? If your body is used to the amount you're eating and the exercise you're doing it'll stop losing weight. In that case bootcamp could be the perfect thing to shake your body out of its complacency so you can start losing weight again.

SparkPeople has a series of articles about getting out of a plateau that I've found very helpful in the past. (Article link)

Good luck! I hope your bootcamp works well for you. Hang in there! This is about a life-long health change, after all, so try and find a way to enjoy it.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby yellowroses » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Today:

AF: CD 4

Eating Habits: 'Breakfast' was 2 sandwiches with salmon, tomato, onion, lettuce, mustard and low fat mayo. 'Lunch' was a WW cottage pie frozen meal and 'dinner' was a small slice of tiramisu. No snacks. Not sure if I've finished eating yet for today, but total calorie intake as of 10pm is 935.

Thoughts/Feelings: Feel ok. I started quitting smoking today, and have a patch on. So far I've had 4 cigarettes, but feel dizzy and sick. I woke up at 3pm again today, which is why I haven't eaten all that much. I weighed myself this morning, official weight is: 124.3kg!!!! :D God, I'm so happy about that! I guess yesterday was water retention or a bowel movement or something, but I beat myself up for nothing.

WEEK OVERVIEW:

- Exercise for 30minutes (either all together or in intervals) a day, 3 times this week. This is to get rid of my worst habit: Leading a sedentary lifestyle. Didn't do this, coz I'm a slacker.
- Eat fruit or low-fat yoghurt instead of ice-cream. My second worst weakness: sweets. Did pretty well with this! I didn't eat any ice-cream at all, and no sweets in excess. I did have a lot of Jarrah Hot Choc, but at 40 calories per cup, I'm not too concerned :)
- Eat 6 small meals a day, however still eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Snack on fruit, tuna, low-fat protein/fruit bars or protein shakes. My second worst habit: Starving myself for hours, and then binge eating. I didn't do this so much, but I did stick under my calorie intake most days, which I'm very happy about

Thoughts/Feelings: The week as a whole was great. I feel proud that I managed to stick under my calorie intake most days and that it paid off and I lost a kilo since I started 3 weeks ago, and officially 700grams off of 125 which was my original weigh in. So it's finally begun, the weight is starting to go down, I've gotten into the habit of choosing healthy foods, but I do feel that I need to put in more fruits and veg into my diet. I am happy that I've stuck to everything for this long with my eating, and now it's time to up the anti and shift this weight good and proper.

My Goals for this week coming (12th - 18th):

BOOT CAMP BABY!
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day except Sunday. These exercises will consist of at least 10 minutes of weights for my upper body every second day. Every other day this will be replaced with cardio. The other 20 minutes will be a form of cardio exercise - swimming or cycling. I MAY or MAY NOT go to a class or two - such as water aerobics or yoga. I'm gonna shake my body into burning calories, and I want to see how I do.
- Stick to eating less than 1960 calories per day, but I won't intake more than this, even if I burn off calories through exercise.
- Cut down on smoking, and by the end of the week would like to have gone at least 1 day completely cancer-stick free. More would be better.

I'm feeling super confident about these goals. I'm looking forward to my version of boot camp. Forcing myself to go every day will, I believe, do the same thing as forcing myself to eat a certain amount of calories - get my motivation up and get myself into a habit. I've got myself into a habit with food now. It's time to add on another habit and force a different habit out. Like I said at the beginning of this blog - baby steps and one thing at a time. It might sound like a lot to quit smoking while forcing myself to exercise every day, but I really think that exercising every day will give me a reminder of why I'm quitting smoking. It's hard to breath and I'm sick of it - lets get these lungs working and back to health! This is gonna hurt, but please guys - PLEASE - DON'T LET ME GIVE UP. DON'T LET ME SKIP A SINGLE DAY. KICK ME UP THE BUM! :lol:

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby MissReena » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:23 pm

I'll be on your tail if you are on mine Yellow :) We can give each other the kick up the bum and motivation we need. Best of luck for the week honey, I'm with ya xox
2009 is my year to Shine

Wk1 - 2kg, Wk2 - 2kg, Wk3 - 2.9kg, Wk4 - 3kg
MissReena

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Good on you for quitting smoking. Hope it's not too hard for you. I did it about 7 years ago. Never looked back and never once wish I still smoked, though when I smoked I always wished I didn't.

I hope you'll come back here and report you've been doing your bootcamp these past two days???
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Czarina » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 am

Make sure you don't go too far under your calories either, as that will impede your weight loss.
Czarina

Postby yellowroses » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:29 pm

This week hasn't been going so well. Monday was a disaster, yesterday was ok, but not great, and today isn't going great either. We just got a dog yesterday too, so I've been running around after him most of the day yesterday and this morning :p

I think I might experiment - if my food doesn't go back to 'healthy eating' (I haven't been eating too bad, just too much), but I still exercise a little bit, and see if I lose weight.

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous