AF: CD 4
Eating Habits: 'Breakfast' was 2 sandwiches with salmon, tomato, onion, lettuce, mustard and low fat mayo. 'Lunch' was a WW cottage pie frozen meal and 'dinner' was a small slice of tiramisu. No snacks. Not sure if I've finished eating yet for today, but total calorie intake as of 10pm is 935.
Exercise Habits: None.
Thoughts/Feelings: Feel ok. I started quitting smoking today, and have a patch on. So far I've had 4 cigarettes, but feel dizzy and sick. I woke up at 3pm again today, which is why I haven't eaten all that much. I weighed myself this morning, official weight is: 124.3kg!!!!
God, I'm so happy about that! I guess yesterday was water retention or a bowel movement or something, but I beat myself up for nothing.
- Exercise for 30minutes (either all together or in intervals) a day, 3 times this week. This is to get rid of my worst habit: Leading a sedentary lifestyle. Didn't do this, coz I'm a slacker.
- Eat fruit or low-fat yoghurt instead of ice-cream. My second worst weakness: sweets. Did pretty well with this! I didn't eat any ice-cream at all, and no sweets in excess. I did have a lot of Jarrah Hot Choc, but at 40 calories per cup, I'm not too concerned
- Eat 6 small meals a day, however still eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Snack on fruit, tuna, low-fat protein/fruit bars or protein shakes. My second worst habit: Starving myself for hours, and then binge eating. I didn't do this so much, but I did stick under my calorie intake most days, which I'm very happy about
Thoughts/Feelings: The week as a whole was great. I feel proud that I managed to stick under my calorie intake most days and that it paid off and I lost a kilo since I started 3 weeks ago, and officially 700grams off of 125 which was my original weigh in. So it's finally begun, the weight is starting to go down, I've gotten into the habit of choosing healthy foods, but I do feel that I need to put in more fruits and veg into my diet. I am happy that I've stuck to everything for this long with my eating, and now it's time to up the anti and shift this weight good and proper.
My Goals for this week coming (12th - 18th):
BOOT CAMP BABY!
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day except Sunday. These exercises will consist of at least 10 minutes of weights for my upper body every second day. Every other day this will be replaced with cardio. The other 20 minutes will be a form of cardio exercise - swimming or cycling. I MAY or MAY NOT go to a class or two - such as water aerobics or yoga. I'm gonna shake my body into burning calories, and I want to see how I do.
- Stick to eating less than 1960 calories per day, but I won't intake more than this, even if I burn off calories through exercise.
- Cut down on smoking, and by the end of the week would like to have gone at least 1 day completely cancer-stick free. More would be better.
I'm feeling super confident about these goals. I'm looking forward to my version of boot camp. Forcing myself to go every day will, I believe, do the same thing as forcing myself to eat a certain amount of calories - get my motivation up and get myself into a habit. I've got myself into a habit with food now. It's time to add on another habit and force a different habit out. Like I said at the beginning of this blog - baby steps and one thing at a time. It might sound like a lot to quit smoking while forcing myself to exercise every day, but I really think that exercising every day will give me a reminder of why I'm quitting smoking. It's hard to breath and I'm sick of it - lets get these lungs working and back to health! This is gonna hurt, but please guys - PLEASE - DON'T LET ME GIVE UP. DON'T LET ME SKIP A SINGLE DAY. KICK ME UP THE BUM!