It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Ready To Shine, In 2009

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Ready To Shine, In 2009

Postby MissReena » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:28 am

As I sit here I have made the concious decision that it is time to do something about me. For far to long I have put myself second and worried about everyone else around me; are they happy, fulfilled and satisfied. But what about me? Am I happy? The answer for most parts is yes, I have an amazing family, a loving fiance and the most beautiful friends a girl could ask for BUT I am FAT!
In the past while I was too worried about whether everything is okay with everyone else I have forgotten about me and its like I have exploded! So as I step off the scales its official, I weigh 163 kilos! Holy crap, that is two average sized people all rolled into...oh my... ME!
I am nearly 24 years old and double the weight that I should be, I am ashamed to walk down the street and embarrassed shopping. I want to be active and more importantly I want to be healthy. I want to be able to walk into any everyday store and purchase a peice of clothing from the rack not have to go to special 'FAT' stores.
Reality is I am getting married in March and I have a fiance that loves and adores me just the way that I am and I am very lucky to have someone so amazing and so supportive. But here in lies the issue, I dont love me... in fact I can't stand myself to the point where I avoid looking into the mirror. I am ashamed of myself, and how can I let my fiance love me when I am so unhappy.
So I have been doing my research and the healthy weight range chart says that for someone my height, I am severely obese and truthfully I wouldn't argue. I have ballooned, and feel self concious. I should weigh between 71 and 89 kilograms, thats a loss of SEVENTY FOUR KILOGRAMS! Wow, to say the least!
So why, why do I want to loose weight. For once its not about dresses or jeans, nor about impressing the boy at the local travel agency. This time its all about me. I want to feel alive inside and let that reflect on the outside. I know my heart if beautiful and I know that there is a vibrant wonderful 24 year old lurking deep within the folds... so in 2009 she is ready to shine!
I, Terina, pledge to commit to making a change for the better. This is not a diet this is a lifestyle transformation. I am ready to embrace myself, but more than that I am ready to better myself. I am going to record everyday, what exercise I have done and the things that I have eaten, I am going to set realistic and managable goals and work my arse of to not only achieve but surpass them. I am going to set myself weekly challenges and set rewards. But most of all I am going to make myself accountable, to this forum but more importantly to myself. I ask you all for your advice, and every now and again when you see me down or not even here a swift kick up the arse. Heaven knows sometimes I need it! Finally, I pledge to fall back inlove with the person I am, and make sure that the fire burning on the inside is dually reflected on the inside.

Starting Weight: 163 kilos
Goal Weight: 89 kilos
January Goal: 5 kilos by my birthday on the 31/1/09 - Reward: Day Out In Fremantle
February Goal: 10 kilos by my hens night on the 28/1/09 - Reward: A Pampering Facial with My Besties

Weekly Challenges: WEEK ONE
1.) Drink 8 glasses of water a day and NO alcohol
2.) Eat at least my 2 fruit and 5 vege daily
3.) Cycle for 30 minutes every morning and visit the gym 3 times a week
4.) Get a full 7 hours of sleep per night
5.) No junk food, especially fast food take away

Heres to 2009
:mrgreen:
2009 is my year to Shine

Wk1 - 2kg, Wk2 - 2kg, Wk3 - 2.9kg, Wk4 - 3kg
MissReena

Re: Ready To Shine, In 2009

Postby starr22 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:22 am

What a great post MissReena! Some of the things you were talking about I can def relate to. Your post has inspired me to try and love myself a bit more aswell :D Good luck wit your lifestyle change, I'll be here for support (or a kick up the bum :wink: ) anytime you need it :D Go for it girl!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby yellowroses » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Congrats Miss Reena on making a positive choice! I hope all the best for you and your journey, and we're all here for you! Good luck, stay and think positive - you sound very motivated!
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby MissReena » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks For Your Replies!
Day One has been a good one, I got my full 7 hours sleep last night. Its the first time in a long time as I have had trouble sleeping recently. I stayed clear of the junk food, even when walking through the shopping centre. We posted out our wedding invitations today so it gave me that added incentive to steer clear of all the delicious but oh so bad for me choices. I didn't cycle this morning but I have just returned from a 45 minute walk with my fiance and the dog, so I think that makes up for it. Its a big tick for my 2 fruit and 5 vege!!! And I have one more glass to go to get my 8 glasses of water in. So heres what I ate:
DAY ONE:
Breakfast: A bowl of Special K Berry with Low Fat Milk
Mid Morning: A Small Banana
Lunch: Ham and Salad; lettice, tomato, cucumber, pineapple and some grated cheese with cubed leg ham.
Mid Afternoon: 3 Slices of Watermelon
Dinner: Lean Steak, with a medium boiled potato, corn, peas and carrot
So I think we are doing alright! Heres to tomorrow, I have a job interview in the morning. Wish me luck?
2009 is my year to Shine

MissReena

Postby Ambryi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Nice intro post MissReena :wink: I think you'll do great this year!

Congratulations on your wedding too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby MissReena » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey Guys,
Today has been great, I got my 7 hours sleep last night and then was up for my interview this morning. The job is amazing and I am really excited so fingers crossed the interview went well and all is going to be good :) I cycled for 45 minutes this morning and went for a walk around the park where we are getting married so have done some exercise today. I have had all my water and heres what I ate today:

DAY TWO:
Breakfast: Two Slices of Multigrain Toast with Light Cheese Spread and Sliced Tomato.
MId Morning: A Small Banana
Lunch: Fish and Salad; Lettice, Tomato, Cucumber, Beetroot, Pineapple and Gherkins with Herb Crusted Fish
Dinner: A Small Serve of Spaghetti Bolognaise with Vege - onions, carrots, capsicum, brocolli and cauliflower

We are off on a date to the movies tonight, so will probably share some lollies with my man... am heading out shopping with my mother tomorrow for her 'Mother of the Bride' outfit, so I envisage us to walk it off!!!
2009 is my year to Shine

MissReena

Postby meegs » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey MissR.
Welcome to the forum.
Your intro was amazing, as has already been said.

It is so hard to admit it all to yourself let alone put it on the forum.

I wish you all th every best in your journey, and I look forward to sharing it with you.
Take good care.
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby MissReena » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Well what a day, lets start with last night! We went to the movies and saw Marley and Me - man I cried like a girl! Was the best feel good movie, I love Marley! So at the movies I managed to restrict myself to a handful of Malteasers... mmm my fave... and a bottle of water. Good going I think seeing as its that time of the month and my weakness is chocolate!!!
Got my 8 hours of sleep last night after getting home at 1am I missed the alarm and woke up late rushing to get ready to go to Mum's. She was nice and greeted me with breakfast and then we were off for a day of shopping. Suprisingly she bought the first thing she tried on after looking at about a dozen different outfits. Its stunning, and suits her personality so well. We walked for ages looking for jewellery and shoes!!!
So its a big tick to my 7 hours of sleep. I have drunk 3 litres of water today, with the heat and all the walking/shopping we have done its a good thing. I have had the incidental walking from shopping and am getting on the bike after this for 30 minutes. So here is what I ate:

DAY THREE:
Breakfast: Two slices of Multigrain Bread with Promite and a glass of Orange Juice
Lunch: A Tray (5 peices) of Terryaki Sushi mmm yum!
Dinner: Chicken Stirfry with LOADS of vegies.
Snack: I am going to make a fruit salad to have later after the ride :)

Tomorrow we have our meeting with the wedding reception centre. Thank god I dont have a job this wedding stuff is way full on! Oh, as I was saying about my interview the other day. One of my referees called me today saying that he had been called for a reference so things are progressing! Heres hoping its my year for work too :)
2009 is my year to Shine

MissReena

Postby yellowroses » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:07 pm

You're doing so well MissReena! Keep it up!
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby MissReena » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:03 pm

What a day! Got up early for a meeting with our reception centre and got through soooo much stuff. Set up a meeting with the photography company and DJ. Paid off alot of the expenses. I got a phone call this morning offering me an interview for another job... so 2009 is shaping up to be very exciting in so many more ways. Today was great just organising all of our wedding stuff, its so close and I am starting to get excited!

The day went well, slept for 7 hours last night. Have drunk all my 8 glasses of water, and eaten my vegies. No junk food and have done my 30 minutes on the bike, am thinking of going for a walk when it gets darker (and cooler). So heres what I ate today:

DAY FOUR:
Breakfast: A Bowl of Nutrigrain with Skim Milk
Lunch: A Wholemeal Baguette, with chicken, lettice and tomato with light honey mustard dressing
Dinner: Chicken Terryaki, Steamed Vegies and Steamed Rice and a Glass of Coke Zero- from my favourite Japanese Restuarant mmm yummy!
Snack: I am going to make some fruit salad later on tonight! While we snuggle and watch DVD's!!!

I am signing up for pamphlet deliveries as we speak, I figure it gets me walking and earns me extra cash as we go! Tomorrows the last day hubby to be is home as he is back at work next week so we are spending tomorrow together Yay, quality lovers time :)
2009 is my year to Shine

MissReena

Postby MissReena » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:27 am

Today was a good day, got woken up with a phone call from Adelaide. Which turned out to be a telephone interview for a job that I have had my eye on for a while. Which is very exciting. Must have blitzed the phone interview as the lady is very anxious to meet me and have the team get to know me. She is flying in from Adelaide to WA on Wednesday! YAY! Spent 3 hours with my fiances nephew so got to chase and 18 month old around, giving me a bit of a work out. Rode the bike for 45 minutes this afternoon and have drunk all my water. I am doing very well at staying away from the crap food, except of course the Malteasers a couple of days back at the cinema, but a handful compared to the bag that I would have eaten normally is a good sign. Slept my full hours and heres what I ate:

DAY FIVE:
Breakfast: Two Slices of Toast with Light Cheese Spread and Sliced Tomato
Lunch: A Wholemeal Roll with Lettice, Tomato and Ham
Dinner: BBQ'd Marinated Chicken, BBQ Corn on the Cob, Garlic BBQ Potato and Salads - and a can of Coke Zero

Okay off to bed as I need to be up early as we are going to organise the flowers for the wedding tomorrow... exciting! I cant wait!!!
2009 is my year to Shine

MissReena

Postby MissReena » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Went to do the flowers today, we got some great stuff beautiful lillies and gorgeous frangipanis... the bouquets are going to look superb! I cannot wait :) So today I got my 7 hours of sleep and have done 45 minutes on the bike, but I have been slacking off with the water side of things - which has made me sick, we have been out in the sun and I have only had about 1400mL of water, which is really low for me. So I have had headaches and nausea. But here is how I have gone on eating today:
DAY SIX:
Breakfast: Nutrigrain with Skim Milk
Lunch: White Baguette with Chicken, Lettice, Cucumber and Tomato
Dinner: Steamed Rice, Honey Chicken and Vegies and a Can of Pepsi Max

Tomorrow is weigh in day, here hoping to some loss :) Fingers are crossed!
2009 is my year to Shine

MissReena

Postby Ambryi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Good luck on the scales today missreena :D Sounds like you've been doing very well this week, so you must be excited!

Also, I hear you on the water thing - I get the worst headaches if I don't get enough, especially on hot days.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby MissReena » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:45 am

Well what a week, 2009 has started with guns a blazing and I am so glad that I have chosen this year to commence my lifestyle change. It was my fiance Troys last week of holidays this week and we have achieved so much towards the wedding, things are going so well and not long now. Only 8 weeks! After the ups and downs of last year 2009 has been like a fresh start, personally and professionally! I have put on the positive face this week and coming from that have achieved two interviews for jobs that I would adore. After the 3 months that I have been unemployed and had a rare interview opportunity this is coming as a welcome achievement. I think the new positivity helps, going in there thinking that I don't need the job its the employer that needs me. Fingers crossed for success. Well heres to the real success, a weekly loss of two kilos and considering its that time of the month I am over the moon! Great kick off! So heres my foods today:

DAY SEVEN:
Breakfast: A Ham and Cheese Croisant
Lunch: Ham and Tomato on Toast
Dinner: Low Fat Sausages and Vegies with a can of Pepsi Max and a small slice of Chocolate Cake Roll

So how did I measure up on my weekly challenges

Weekly Challenges: WEEK ONE
1.) Drink 8 glasses of water a day and NO alcohol - [color=#FF0000]I have not had a drop of Alcohol and everyday have managed to squeeze in my water, I am even noticing the difference when I havent had enough water. Its a good learning curve!

2.) Eat at least my 2 fruit and 5 vege daily - Most days I have had my fruit and vegies, except today where I didn't have any snacks
3.) Cycle for 30 minutes every morning and visit the gym 3 times a week - I havent been to the gym as I hate going when its that time of the month but I have been cycling and doing other various exercise throughout the week
4.) Get a full 7 hours of sleep per night - Done this and it feels great!
5.) No junk food, especially fast food take away - SUCCESS!

So now for another weeks challenges and to up the anti we are keeping the previous weeks as well so not only will I have this weeks I will have the 5 from the previous week making 10 challenges in total, here they are:

Weekly Challenges: WEEK TWO
1.) Limit myself to one Light Soft drink per day if that!
2.) No food after 8pm
3.) Take my fiance and puppy walking every evening
4.) Reduce my bread intake and if I must eat bread make it Multigrain
5.) Do 20 - 30 sit ups daily!

I hope everyone has had a great week, and are looking forward to this week[/color]
2009 is my year to Shine

MissReena

Postby Nunu » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:59 pm

wow!!!!!!!! how amazing are you!!!!!!

keep up the good work, im going to take a page out of your book... cant wait to keep reading

congrats on the two kilos.... is a good loss indeed.
30 kilos and counting

lost for this week, 1.4 kilos... getting there.
Nunu

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous